Kamala Harris Wowed That Electricity Charging EV Has No Sound or Smell

That is an ideal, and battery life is cut in half with real world stuff like 90% discharge and fast charging.
Post real world data to support that.

I don’t have a Tesla, I have Chevy Volt. 105,000 miles in with no range loss. According to GM, Gen2 Volt gets 6,000 charging cycles before “noticeable” range loss. That’s 16 years of daily charging.

Post real world data to support that.

I don’t have a Tesla, I have Chevy Volt. 105,000 miles in with no range loss. According to GM, Gen2 Volt gets 6,000 charging cycles before “noticeable” range loss. That’s 16 years of daily charging.

{...
The lithium-ion battery capacity degrades with every cycle, or every full charge and discharge, explains Driving Electric. The good news is that this decrease in battery function happens gradually and should not be noticeable until your vehicle has aged.
Like a regular car battery, similar factors can impact the lifespan and performance of an EV battery. Hot outdoor temperatures or even overheating inside the battery can cause early degradation. Freezing cold temperatures can also slow down the chemical reactions within the battery, preventing it from reaching a full charge. Regularly draining the battery down to 5-10% will also cause it to wear out faster.
Even though electric batteries degrade over time, this can range from as little as 10% to 40% over the vehicle manufacturer’s warranty period according to Green Car Reports. The most common warranty ensures that your EV battery should function at 70% capacity after 100,000 miles or eight years.
...}

I typically get over 300,000 miles out of a car.
But with an EV that would take a 2nd set of batteries, at about an additional $10,000 cost.
With wipers, heater, and headlights on, the typical 300 mile EV range also is reduced to less than 130 miles.

I typically get over 300,000 miles out of a car.
But with an EV that would take a 2nd set of batteries, at about an additional $10,000 cost.
With wipers, heater, and headlights on, the typical 300 mile EV range also is reduced to less than 130 miles.
That is wrong. Tesla & GM EV batteries have been proven to last the life of the vehicle.

266660698_884969962211522_2234326166760812608_n.jpg

That is wrong. Tesla & GM EV batteries have been proven to last the life of the vehicle.

Wrong.
Not only have Tesla and GM EV batteries proven to be a fire hazard, but with a range of less than 300 miles, then a reduction in battery capacity of even 20% makes the battery no longer viable.

{...
According to an Impact Report released by Tesla in 2019, Tesla Model S and X batteries retain over 80% of their range even after driving 200,000 miles.
Tesla also started offering a minimum 70% battery retention guarantee over a period of 8 years or 100,000 to 120,000 miles. A study on 286 Tesla Model owners across the world revealed that Tesla vehicles lose just 5% of their capacity in the first 50,000 miles. They reach over 150,000 miles before coming to a 10% loss in battery.
...}

And range and battery life are greatly reduced by winter weather, where you have all the electronics on, like heater.

Wrong.
Not only have Tesla and GM EV batteries proven to be a fire hazard, but with a range of less than 300 miles, then a reduction in battery capacity of even 20% makes the battery no longer viable.
Look how the conservative gaslights himself. ICEs are a greater fire hazard than EVs. An 80% battery being “unviable” is total bullshit.

As proven in both Tesla and GM, it takes the entire useful life of the vehicle to even approach a 20% degradation of the battery. In the case of plug-in hybrids , the battery degradation simply results in the gas engine being initiated sooner.

Forum List

Back