Just a small comment on health. Prevention matters.

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
I see a pal has lost a friend to stage 4 brain cancer. Stage 4 when first caught.

I’ve had cancer. It was caught pretty late. Stage 3. If it had gotten caught a bit later, it likely would have already spread to adjacent organs. It almost had, in fact.

Life is precious. Get screened. Colonoscopies don’t hurt. They are a pain only for prep. Big deal. Do them anyway.

PSA requires nothing more intrusive than a damn simple blood test. Don’t procrastinate. Get tested regularly.

Breast cancer can be caught early, with regular mammographies. Women don’t love getting their breasts squished between two glass plates. Big deal. It beats having to undergo a mastectomy and chemo.

The fact is, most of us here are fuckin’ adults. If you give your car regular maintenance and checkups, there’s no good reason not to do as much for yourselves.

Best of luck. Ring that bell, bud.
Seven more radiation treatments and I'm done. The tumor is still in there. Apparently it was too big to remove without shrinking it first. I still don't really understand that one. It also means I have had a colostomy bag for 8 months now. Having never been sick in my adult life I felt invincible. Turns out what it takes to make me feel sick is pretty damned grim. I was close to death before I sought medical attention. My mother died of this same cancer. I was a fool.

Seven more radiation treatments and I'm done. The tumor is still in there. Apparently it was too big to remove without shrinking it first. I still don't really understand that one. It also means I have had a colostomy bag for 8 months now. Having never been sick in my adult life I felt invincible. Turns out what it takes to make me feel sick is pretty damned grim. I was close to death before I sought medical attention. My mother died of this same cancer. I was a fool.
You were not a fool. Stop blaming yourself. Many of us take our health for granted.

Sorry your illness was caught late. That does make it worse. But at least you caught it. And that may be the most crucial point.

For the rest of us, the lesson is simple but not always accepted: regular checkups and testing. Be proactive as hell.

Heal quick.

I see a pal has lost a friend to stage 4 brain cancer. Stage 4 when first caught.

I’ve had cancer. It was caught pretty late. Stage 3. If it had gotten caught a bit later, it likely would have already spread to adjacent organs. It almost had, in fact.

Life is precious. Get screened. Colonoscopies don’t hurt. They are a pain only for prep. Big deal. Do them anyway.

PSA requires nothing more intrusive than a damn simple blood test. Don’t procrastinate. Get tested regularly.

Breast cancer can be caught early, with regular mammographies. Women don’t love getting their breasts squished between two glass plates. Big deal. It beats having to undergo a mastectomy and chemo.

The fact is, most of us here are fuckin’ adults. If you give your car regular maintenance and checkups, there’s no good reason not to do as much for yourselves.

I hate colonoscopies with a blistering hate....who doesn't? But I just had one and it's worth it.

Man. Ouch. Yeah, that's the tricky part about colon cancer, and I think many cancers of the GI tract. By the time you have symptoms it's pretty far advanced.

Is the goal to remove the tumor once radiation is complete?

Excellent advice but my body is so fine tuned and high geared that I am an exception to the rule .Think Girl Woman of Ipanema and you get the picture . I am only posting this to excite the lascivious Mortuary --- punishment .

Forum List

Back