Just A Reminder That Barbara Lee Was Right About Afghanistan

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Just a few days after the attack on the U.S. on September 11, 2001, almost 20 years ago, a single voice in Congress warned against going to war in Afghanistan. Rep. Barbara Lee, D-Oakland casted the only vote against an open-ended war authorization for then-president George W Bush. Now, Lee is backing President Joe Biden's decision to pull U.S. forces out of Afghanistan. She said it's courageous to make such a difficult decision. Lee, like so many others said she is surprised by the speed that the Taliban has been able to sweep through Afghanistan. "This is something that unfortunately demonstrates that there's no military solutions to the problems in Afghanistan,” she said. She was also quick to defend President Biden from attacks being made by Republican leaders. Lee said Biden is simply carrying out a process former president Donald Trump started in his administration."

First, I believe we need to give more credit for the withdrawal to Trump and not let Biden take all of the credit for being the one "brave enough" to make such a hard decision....
20210815_173843[1].jpg
But I do remember how demonized this woman was for voting against going into both Afghanistan and Iraq....I remember how anyone who opposed Bush and the so-called war on terror were called everything from terrorists to traitors -- so for anyone to stand up to all of that and not cower, that person deserves some credit...because nowadays, the same people who were gung ho for both of these wars now pretend they were against it all along....while still trying to point fingers at R's and D's as if one side has clean hands....fact of the matter is; no one will ever admit the role their political team played in this catastrophe as thousands upon thousands of people’s lives are reduced to fodder for the US political machine....There isn’t a single US president since this whole thing started whose hands aren’t bloodied.... Americans trying to make this a constant contest of Republicans v Democrats is part of the problem.

Well, its good she got one thing correct. Which is more than you can say about most politicians.

"Just a few days after the attack on the U.S. on September 11, 2001, almost 20 years ago, a single voice in Congress warned against going to war in Afghanistan. Rep. Barbara Lee, D-Oakland casted the only vote against an open-ended war authorization for then-president George W Bush. Now, Lee is backing President Joe Biden's decision to pull U.S. forces out of Afghanistan. She said it's courageous to make such a difficult decision. Lee, like so many others said she is surprised by the speed that the Taliban has been able to sweep through Afghanistan. "This is something that unfortunately demonstrates that there's no military solutions to the problems in Afghanistan,” she said. She was also quick to defend President Biden from attacks being made by Republican leaders. Lee said Biden is simply carrying out a process former president Donald Trump started in his administration."

First, I believe we need to give more credit for the withdrawal to Trump and not let Biden take all of the credit for being the one "brave enough" to make such a hard decision....
View attachment 526470
But I do remember how demonized this woman was for voting against going into both Afghanistan and Iraq....I remember how anyone who opposed Bush and the so-called war on terror were called everything from terrorists to traitors -- so for anyone to stand up to all of that and not cower, that person deserves some credit...because nowadays, the same people who were gung ho for both of these wars now pretend they were against it all along....while still trying to point fingers at R's and D's as if one side has clean hands....fact of the matter is; no one will ever admit the role their political team played in this catastrophe as thousands upon thousands of people’s lives are reduced to fodder for the US political machine....There isn’t a single US president since this whole thing started whose hands aren’t bloodied.... Americans trying to make this a constant contest of Republicans v Democrats is part of the problem.
And where she represents if it was of poverty is now rich and prosperous.

Practically everyone was for the Afghan war when we thought it was to wipe out Al Qaeda. I would still support that mission. The warhawks really wanted Iraq. There were already detailed plans afoot to start a war in Iraq and occupy the place. They just took the Iraq plan and moved it over to Afghanistan. They found that less than satisfying and insufficiently profitable so they did the Iraq thing too.

Practically everyone was for the Afghan war when we thought it was to wipe out Al Qaeda. I would still support that mission. The warhawks really wanted Iraq. There were already detailed plans afoot to start a war in Iraq and occupy the place. They just took the Iraq plan and moved it over to Afghanistan. They found that less than satisfying and insufficiently profitable so they did the Iraq thing too.
And basically abandoned Afghanistan

20 years ago there was a chance to "solve" that. We never really tried. We went into Iraq instead

"This is something that unfortunately demonstrates that there's no military solutions to the problems in Afghanistan,” she said. She was also quick to defend President Biden from attacks being made by Republican leaders. Lee said Biden is simply carrying out a process former president Donald Trump started in his administration."

Okay. So, what is the non-military solution, Ms. Lee?
lGtb8JbTrCdG89V-9MP_MoshcSaqCYAVUDCpDm5T6eJpNOHYI_R6ftiiNBEt-AX8tm0F2tfD-cjfqzSaaacLS5TMw3tGbMkKoKkxxIrDSJMmt2lLWrwdRvaHLikd_U32peBHZN19Ul8fNiGq4gX2GlwqMfjPcw-S1DVXnWgsSpEFv3pDixe4cFgfkQptzal8SepGEzZ6r_O4Q5f29EIRw4Tefahwf0kLWeqtBossS_uE3puElSvG2QnDRDtrJjBBVpRwoqUSb1e7qja0r1yxYdnK69-7gHYq9IjJIKUDg6DGHfrsdu7KKdxNeHu66mm54eJ7dt8dmmYKXrehJDilF-fVm6TknOmUNwS7Fs4I-E8HelYSdMEDPiGGJhMmFsgLQUNiSWF3vhrWj3g_KpocNXxC5C8iJcYQ6Qm-Ui8iCZGIhIqUITByEytNkEWSKkaX59uO51hCtmwPowmiw18SBdO8dAxiMP-pnJNHBX--q2_buAlSqnTvX5lH3KrfeSVw5tRtMQOmxLskdshmW8FPBea9rofeGe_vx3_niMGzz2lzONJo1urLCw7o_s_FTSFO1CUm6YUYBbmAboJ9pWeFl_teR71r3ZuDmXx9vzuaIRzFY_rucCRMo5PZyjOPsdb6FvEVn7ODENT38eX-3-jyhB_wBNieaNGCFQ82CT7SOX4BtNzZx-TwoaLbVMMuoho0SOQ_S2anxrAiRKhCRZiBA88=w660-h540-no

Stop saying wars make us profit. They dont. They never have and they never will. Some manufacturers might make money, but no government makes money by going to war. Wars are fucking expensive. Dont you follow our national debt?

View attachment 526470

I hope she's happy with the way it turned out. I'm sure she is, thousands of women and children are going to die horribly under the Taliban because Joe Biden isn't mentally competent.

Stop saying wars make us profit. They dont. They never have and they never will. Some manufacturers might make money, but no government makes money by going to war. Wars are fucking expensive. Dont you follow our national debt?
The war on terror was insanely lucrative to certain parties who had influence on the decision to go to war.

Yeah, I think essentially W's administration was faced with the question what the f are we doing in Iraq if we aren't in Afghan

But that doesn't excuse Obama from expanding the war, and for VP Biden actually agreeing .. until he changed his mind.

Okay. So, what is the non-military solution, Ms. Lee?
lGtb8JbTrCdG89V-9MP_MoshcSaqCYAVUDCpDm5T6eJpNOHYI_R6ftiiNBEt-AX8tm0F2tfD-cjfqzSaaacLS5TMw3tGbMkKoKkxxIrDSJMmt2lLWrwdRvaHLikd_U32peBHZN19Ul8fNiGq4gX2GlwqMfjPcw-S1DVXnWgsSpEFv3pDixe4cFgfkQptzal8SepGEzZ6r_O4Q5f29EIRw4Tefahwf0kLWeqtBossS_uE3puElSvG2QnDRDtrJjBBVpRwoqUSb1e7qja0r1yxYdnK69-7gHYq9IjJIKUDg6DGHfrsdu7KKdxNeHu66mm54eJ7dt8dmmYKXrehJDilF-fVm6TknOmUNwS7Fs4I-E8HelYSdMEDPiGGJhMmFsgLQUNiSWF3vhrWj3g_KpocNXxC5C8iJcYQ6Qm-Ui8iCZGIhIqUITByEytNkEWSKkaX59uO51hCtmwPowmiw18SBdO8dAxiMP-pnJNHBX--q2_buAlSqnTvX5lH3KrfeSVw5tRtMQOmxLskdshmW8FPBea9rofeGe_vx3_niMGzz2lzONJo1urLCw7o_s_FTSFO1CUm6YUYBbmAboJ9pWeFl_teR71r3ZuDmXx9vzuaIRzFY_rucCRMo5PZyjOPsdb6FvEVn7ODENT38eX-3-jyhB_wBNieaNGCFQ82CT7SOX4BtNzZx-TwoaLbVMMuoho0SOQ_S2anxrAiRKhCRZiBA88=w660-h540-no

Read what she was against. An open ended war authorization.

As we see it has failed. It was doomed to fail from the beginning. I see arguments about how leaving was OK but not like this but then no one argues how it should have been done.

This mess was created the day someone decided to occupy Afghanistan to start with.

You are certainly right though, that Trump wanted to end the endless, "war of necessity" as Xiden and Obama put it, but he was working on a proper, dipolmatic withdraw....Xiden tossed that out the door, and we are seeing the mess we see now.

This is all Joey Xiden's mess....from start to finish, no President, over the last four years has been more involved in Afgan then Xiden. It's all his mess.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
You are certainly right though, that Trump wanted to end the endless, "war of necessity" as Xiden and Obama put it, but he was working on a proper, dipolmatic withdraw....Xiden tossed that out the door, and we are seeing the mess we see now.

This is all Joey Xiden's mess....from start to finish, no President, over the last four years has been more involved in Afgan then Xiden. It's all his mess.

Because the Taliban would have negotiated a take over? Lol.

Trump couldn't even negotiate with the Chinese.

If you had some foreign policy experts like Dr. Kissinger you could make a case for Biden but Rep. Lee with a masters degree in social work who once was in the ladies auxillary of the black panther giving her "expert" opinion about Afghanistan? is that the best the democrats can do?

Because the Taliban would have negotiated a take over? Lol.

Trump couldn't even negotiate with the Chinese.
No, that was the point...we didn't want a take over....didn't you listen to the president at all? or just read the headlines from the propagandist? He literally said when signing the agreement that in no way would we leave if it met the Talbian would take the country back.

Sure Trump negotaited with China....they didn't like it, hence why they helped Xiden get elected

No, that was the point...we didn't want a take over....didn't you listen to the president at all? or just read the headlines from the propagandist? He literally said when signing the agreement that in no way would we leave if it met the Talbian would take the country back.

Sure Trump negotaited with China....they didn't like it, hence why they helped Xiden get elected

OK you argue that we should stay there forever wasting trillions more of the next generations wealth and for what?

Trump said we should leave. If he thought for one second, or anyone thought the Taliban wasn't going to take back over they are beyond ignorant.

OK you argue that we should stay there forever wasting trillions more of the next generations wealth and for what?

Trump said we should leave. If he thought for one second, or anyone thought the Taliban wasn't going to take back over they are beyond ignorant.
when did i say anything about forever?

i don’t disagree with trump, but with conditions as he proposed.

by the way, we are still in Japan and Germany…how long has that war been over?

Forum List

Back