just a question, liberals know taxes is not charity right?

The People have the right to decide to use the government to help the poor.
I dont think anyone questioned whether someone had the right to do that. The question was whether it wasnt hypocritical of libs to force others to support programs that they want.

That's the problem. Many of those doing the deciding aren't funding the things on which they decide. On top of that, many receiving are the ones deciding that others should be forced to help them.
Its the classic problem of democracy: the have nots are more numerous and figure out they can help themselves to what the haves have. This is why early states imposed a land owner or freehold requirement on voting. It's a shame we did away with it.

They don't have a problem with whatever percentage of taxes is taken to fund the programs they support. It could be 10% or 100%. If they pay 0%, it doesn't affect them.
Thats exactly it. Ask the libs here if they'd favor a 100% income tax on incomes over $100k and I guarantee every one will be for it. Because they've never made 100k in their lives so they conceive of anyone needing more than that.
A great post because i always talk to the operators at my company and once again the subject of what I make comes up.and my answer is always the same

Yea I make more money, but I just end up with bigger bills then you, more toys but I Don't gain more contentment then you

Ask the libs here if they'd favor a 100% income tax on incomes over $100k and I guarantee every one will be for it.

Go ahead and ask them then. It will be fun to watch you learn you are dead wrong.

I am looking forward to seeing a reverse reflex labeling by Rabbi. Up to now, one is labeled a "liberal" if one disagrees with a far right winger.

It will be fun to watch this exchange:

RABBI: Do you favor a 100% income tax on incomes over $100k?

LIBERAL: No way.

RABBI: You must not be a liberal then.

:badgrin:

I am looking forward to seeing a reverse reflex labeling by Rabbi. Up to now, one is labeled a "liberal" if one disagrees with a far right winger.

Rabbi: DO you favor a 100% income tax over 100k?
Liberal: No, but I'd favor one over 250k
G5000: See, you're wrong!

Lol kind of funny

One liberal who thinks there should be a 100 percent top tax rate is not "every one".

"I guarantee every one will be for it."

Good luck with that!

One liberal who thinks there should be a 100 percent top tax rate is not "every one".
So if one self-described liberal says the rate should be 99% instead of 100% then you are correct?
You are crab walkign from this challenge so fast my head is spinning. You havent even lost yet.

And in the Wonderful Land of Conservatopia, everything happens by magic.

So if one self-described liberal says the rate should be 99% instead of 100% then you are correct?
You are crab walkign from this challenge so fast my head is spinning. You havent even lost yet.
You made the claim.

Hell, I'll even settle for 50% of self-identified liberals. If half of them say they favor a 100% tax rate above $100k, I will give you the win.

There just needs to be a statistically significant number of them.

And in the Wonderful Land of Conservatopia, everything happens by magic.
Not bragging much, don't know about you, but been giving to my favorite charity saint judes hospital once a month for the past 10 years or so, they have my credit card On file, never paid attention. I know it's not much but I know they get something from me.

Forum List

Back