July Wage And Job Growth Much Stronger Than Expected

Our economy is doing so well, the stock market is worried the Fed will increase interest rates even more.

The labor market added 528,000 jobs in July, easily beating a Dow Jones estimate of a 258,000 increase. The unemployment rate ticked down to 3.5%, below the 3.6% estimate. Wage growth also ticked up more than estimated, up 0.5% for the month and 5.2% higher than a year ago, signaling that high inflation is likely still a problem.

Rapid growth contributes to inflation.

3.5% unemployment. That ties Trump's lowest unemployment rate.

Inflation in the UK is expected to hit 13 percent, which is Biden's fault, amiright?

So tell the class, how many of those new hires were people taking second or third jobs trying to keep their heads above the inflation waters?

So tell the class, how many of those new hires were people taking second or third jobs trying to keep their heads above the inflation waters?

I guess you have not heard of the Great Resignation. People are quitting their jobs for better paying jobs.

So tell us what imaginary figure you have inside that pointy head of yours.

I notice the BDS troops are ignoring the UK's inflation is above 13 percent.

They must be waiting on word from their propagandists on how to blame Biden.

Although fewer people today are working multiple jobs, more Americans than ever hold two full-time jobs, amounting to more than 70 hours of work a week. In June, 426,000 people were working two full-time positions, compared to 308,000 in February 2020, according to federal labor data.

Along with more workers experiencing financial distress. that trend also reflects the strong job market and robust employment opportunities in the U.S., experts note.

"Historically, the share of workers with multiple jobs goes up when the labor market is strong and goes down when the labor market is weak," said Heidi Shierholz, president of the Economic Policy Institute, a nonpartisan think tank. "It's basically a question of job availability. We are seeing this increase in multiple job holdings as the labor market has strengthened."

The labor market is strong! Anyone who wants a job, or a second job, can get one!

I'm sorry this great news upsets you so much.

I guess you have not heard of the Great Resignation. People are quitting their jobs for better paying jobs.

So tell us what imaginary figure you have inside that pointy head of yours.
Well, the employee labor participation rate is down yet again in July. So how can they be finding other jobs? Sounds like Dimmer ilk is just sitting on the porch drinking their 40 ozers.

Although fewer people today are working multiple jobs, more Americans than ever hold two full-time jobs, amounting to more than 70 hours of work a week. In June, 426,000 people were working two full-time positions, compared to 308,000 in February 2020, according to federal labor data.

Along with more workers experiencing financial distress. that trend also reflects the strong job market and robust employment opportunities in the U.S., experts note.

"Historically, the share of workers with multiple jobs goes up when the labor market is strong and goes down when the labor market is weak," said Heidi Shierholz, president of the Economic Policy Institute, a nonpartisan think tank. "It's basically a question of job availability. We are seeing this increase in multiple job holdings as the labor market has strengthened."

The labor market is strong! Anyone who wants a job, or a second job, can get one!

So pre Covid jobs are back and you DImmers are still sucking off the gubment teat.

Our economy is doing so well, the stock market is worried the Fed will increase interest rates even more.

The labor market added 528,000 jobs in July, easily beating a Dow Jones estimate of a 258,000 increase. The unemployment rate ticked down to 3.5%, below the 3.6% estimate. Wage growth also ticked up more than estimated, up 0.5% for the month and 5.2% higher than a year ago, signaling that high inflation is likely still a problem.

Rapid growth contributes to inflation.

3.5% unemployment. That ties Trump's lowest unemployment rate.

Inflation in the UK is expected to hit 13 percent, which is Biden's fault, amiright?

The media won't talk and unemployment until it goes up.

As the normal American family suffers from the inflation, the Oil Companies are loving it:

Don't blame President Biden, blame the oil companies and buy an electric car.
Oil companies got crushed during COVID and they have been trying to recoup that loss. A 10% drop in demand and a few other factors are being gas prices down.

Not excusing them… just explaining

So pre Covid jobs are back and you DImmers are still sucking off the gubment teat.
I don't know who "you Dimmers" are. I'm unaffiliated after resigning my lifelong membership in the GOP. That party does not exist any more.

As for me, I'm making 28 percent more since Biden took office. Not that I'm giving him any credit for it. I earned it.

The number of SNAP participants grew from 37 million in an average month just before the pandemic to 43 million in June 2020. (The total number of individuals helped by SNAP during the pandemic is higher than these point-in-time figures because households enrolled in and left the program over the course of the last two years.) The number of people participating in SNAP has declined since the summer of 2020, but in February 2022 (the most recent data available) more than 41 million people participated, 12 percent above the February 2020 level. CBO forecasts the number of SNAP participants will continue to decline in coming years and ultimately fall below pre-pandemic levels. After a downturn, SNAP caseloads tend to remain elevated for a number of years. One reason is that during a crisis, families who may have already been eligible apply for SNAP as they face greater need and uncertainty. Such households may continue to participate in the program, receiving benefits to augment their low earnings until their earnings rise enough to make them wholly ineligible.

Inflation at a 41 year high is not good news no matter how you try to spin it. Also raising interest rates will eventually kill the job market. It's already effecting the housing market which will eventually effect all sectors of consumer spending.

Inflation at a 41 year high is not good news no matter how you try to spin it. Also raising interest rates will eventually kill the job market. It's already effecting the housing market which will eventually effect all sectors of consumer spending.

Yes, there is a good chance the Fed's raising of interest rates will cause a recession. I even started a topic about it a couple/few months ago.

But raising interest rates is the only way to cool inflation.

Reagan and Fed chairman Paul Volker had the balls to raise interest rates into double digits to cool the stagflation which had plagued the 70s, and a recession followed. But they both stuck to their guns, and then the economy came roaring back stronger than ever.

Our politicians and the Federal Reserve have been too cowardly to do the right thing for the economy for way too long. We got here through ZIRP and massive deficits by Bush, Obama, and Trump. It was just a matter of time before it caught up to us and the pandemic shutdown is what pushed us over the edge.

Pain avoidance such as what our politicians and the Fed have been doing always results in much greater pain down the road.

THAT is why we are where we are. Which is why you can't explain how Biden is responsible.

See posts 1, 3, 6, 8, and 10.

Pay off your credit cards as soon as possible, folks. Your credit card interest rate is tied to the Fed interest rate.

Forum List

Back