Judicial nominee faces Senate scrutiny over Knights of Columbus membership

Lol @ Knights of Columbus being an extemist group. If that's the case half the males in my family were or are extremists.

Efffin bunch of left loons keep embarrassing themselves
One would think all males you are close to are anti gay, anti womens rights extremists. :rolleyes:.

You're clueless as usual. Sit down and stop looking to flame another thread boy

Yeah its really weird that someone would think anti abortionists and anti gay marriage people were extremists. :rolleyes:

And here's the "extremist" YOU voted for in 2008:

Barrack Obama

“I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that’s not what America’s about.” - Nov. 2, 2008, while running for president, in an interview with MTV.
Where does it say Obama is anti gay marriage? I'm not in favor of abortion but that doesnt make me anti abortion. I am pro choice.

Buuuuurock Obama:

“I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.” - April 17, 2008, while running for president, defining marriage at the Saddleback Presidential Forum.
Key phrase being.....

"for me"

You see. Just because I dont want to marry another man doesnt mean I am against two other men getting married. :rolleyes:

How bizarre, that our society has degenerated to this point, that common decency, protection of society's most essential institutions, and especially the protection of the most innocent and defenseless of all human life, can be characterized as “extremist”.
Look at the democrat party themselves to see extremism in action.

Buuuuurock Obama:

“I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.” - April 17, 2008, while running for president, defining marriage at the Saddleback Presidential Forum.
Key phrase being.....

"for me"

You see. Just because I dont want to marry another man doesnt mean I am against two other men getting married. :rolleyes:

He clearly stated "marriage" is between a man and a woman. How could you have voted for someone with such an "extreme" view ?

Buuuuurock Obama:

Key phrase being.....

"for me"

He clearly stated "marriage" is between a man and a woman. How could you have voted for someone with such an "extreme" view ?
So what? I think marriage is between a man and a woman too. However, I dont force my beliefs on others.

Democrats only want avowed atheists to hold any office. Religion is their litmus test. Remember it was the Democrats that booed God.

Article VI of the Constitution…

All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution;
but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Buuuuurock Obama:

Key phrase being.....

"for me"

So what? I think marriage is between a man and a woman too. However, I dont force my beliefs on others.

So, the Knights of Columbus apparently feel the same way as you. Guess that makes you like them. Damn "extremists".

How bizarre, that our society has degenerated to this point, that common decency, protection of society's most essential institutions, and especially the protection of the most innocent and defenseless of all human life, can be characterized as “extremist”.
How is trying to keep gay people from being married protecting innocents? :rolleyes:

By definition, marriage always has been, and will always be, between a man and a woman. The effort to force sa sick, immoral mockery of marriage to be accepted and treated as in any way comparable to genuine marriage is a direct attack on this institution, a direct attack on families as the basis of a stable society, and an attack ion society itself.

How bizarre it is that desiring to protect this institution, is being characterized as “extremists”. The true extremists are those who wish to mock, degrade, and undermine this institution.

And the Dims go further and further into the fever swamps of leftwing extremism.

Dems challenge Trump judicial nominee over Knights of Columbus membership

Two Democratic senators are scrutinizing a federal judicial nominee over his membership in the Knights of Columbus, drawing a stern rebuke from the Catholic organization.

Sens. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, raised concerns about Omaha-based lawyer Brian Buescher's membership as part of the Senate Judiciary Committee's review of his nomination by President Trump to sit on the U.S. District Court in Nebraska, as first reported by the Catholic News Agency.

In a series of questions sent to Buescher, Hirono asked whether his membership in the Knights of Columbus would prevent him from hearing cases “fairly and impartially” and, if confirmed, whether he would end his membership in the Roman Catholic charitable organization.

“The Knights of Columbus has taken a number of extreme positions,” Hirono said in the questionnaire. “For example, it was reportedly one of the top contributors to California’s Proposition 8 campaign to ban same-sex marriage.”​

Unfortunately, Knights of Columbus, an all-male organization, have been responsible for policy positions against both women and LGBTs. These guys have to be held accountable, too. You are trying to make these guys immune from blame. They are not. Yes, it is necessary to confront this nominee about his past practices and loyalties.

How is trying to keep gay people from being married protecting innocents? :rolleyes:

By definition, marriage always has been, and will always be, between a man and a woman. The effort to force sa sick, immoral mockery of marriage to be accepted and treated as in any way comparable to genuine marriage is a direct attack on this institution, a direct attack on families as the basis of a stable society, and an attack ion society itself.

How bizarre it is that desiring to protect this institution, is being characterized as “extremists”. The true extremists are those who wish to mock, degrade, and undermine this institution.
Thats a bunch of bullshit. I can have my private opinion that marriage is between a man and a woman no matter what a law says. :rolleyes:

Buuuuurock Obama:

Key phrase being.....

"for me"

So, the Knights of Columbus apparently feel the same way as you. Guess that makes you like them. Damn "extremists".
Nope. I didnt start an organization to keep gay people from being married or to stop women from getting abortions. Try again. :rolleyes:

It's a Catholic organization for elites. Rome has traditionally been hostile to the Mason's, it is sort of a sister organization to them. The CIA, Jesuits and organized crime pull a lot from their ranks, and vice versa. It is a prestige thing more for connections, networking and power than anything else. One's membership doesn't necessarily connote or determine one's political attitudes or beliefs. That is lunacy.

However, it is very short sighted of the left to make such an attack with most of the immigrants, both legal and illegal coming up from the south being Catholic.

Though, I'm not sure how much credence I give to the story, as it comes from a corporate source, i.e. FOX. It could be largely to enrage folks, just a flash in the pan, here today, gone tomorrow. Purely for ratings, nothing more.

I am in the KoC and would h ave joined the Masons had my wife not objected (she is old school Catholic).

Both organizations have done much to help working class people, though FreeMasons seem to be less so of late.

Thats [sic] a bunch of bullshit. I can have my private opinion that marriage is between a man and a woman no matter what a law says. :rolleyes:

Private opinions cannot change reality. Even passing a law cannot change reality.

There is no such thing, and never can be, as a marriage between two men or between two women. That's not what marriage is, that's not what marriage has ever been, and that's not what marriage will ever be.

i dont know if they are extremist,but in W.NY. were i grew up in a largely Italian part of town, us kids always thought they were kinda strange,wearing those stupid hats and superman capes....

Forum List

Back