What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JUDGE: Those Allegedly Shot By Rittenhouse Can’t Be Called ‘Victims’ During Trial, ‘Rioters’ And ‘Arsonists’ Both More Accurate

budboomer

Silver Member
Reaction score
At one point, the judge rebuked Binger for nonchalantly referring to acts of arson. “All we’re talking about is arson, we’re talking about being loud and disorderly,” Binger said of Rosenbaum’s conduct on the night of the rioting.

“I can’t believe some of the things you’re saying,” the judge interjected. “All we’re talking about is arson? Come on.”

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a perfect set up to abuse.

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a perfect set up to abuse.
No, that happens in most criminal cases. These are preliminary motions on certain words that could be prejudicial and unduly influence jurors.

The State must prove its case without referring to the people being shot as "victims" because doing so could unduly influence the jury into believing that Rittenhouse's self-defense claims are void.

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No, that happens in most criminal cases. These are preliminary motions on certain words that could be prejudicial and unduly influence jurors.

The State must prove its case without referring to the people being shot as "victims" because doing so could unduly influence the jury into believing that Rittenhouse's self-defense claims are void.
Self defense is another word for victim.

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Reaction score
Where I can see you, but you can't see me
Wow. The judge appears to believe Rittenhouse has rights.
How'd that happen?

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Oh, and "all we're talking about is arson" is what set the judge off. Arson is deadly. Self-defense would certainly be appropriate to prevent arson.

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Self defense is another word for victim.
"Self-defense" is a legal term without another way to say it. So, you would ask the court for a motion in lemine to prevent the use of the legal term "self-defense"?

:laughing0301:

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Reaction score
Oh, and "all we're talking about is arson" is what set the judge off. Arson is deadly. Self-defense would certainly be appropriate to prevent arson.
Indeed.
That dude about to throw a flaming bottle of gasoline at your house?
Yeah. You can shoot him.

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The prosecution had sought to bar the defense from referring to the men allegedly shot by Rittenhouse as “rioters” or “arsonists” but Judge Schroeder denied the prosecution’s request. “If more than one of them were engaged in arson, rioting, looting, I’m not going to tell the defense you can’t call them that,”

Can't call those shot "victims" but if one or more was engaged in arson (they were) the defense gets to call them arsonists.

The judge is not going to let them railroad Rittenhouse.

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Reaction score
LMAO.. getting shot by someone you're chasing and trying to beat the hell out of makes you a victim, ONLY if you're black.

It's the American way. So sayeth corrupt prosecutors.

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another check mark in the loss column for the racist lefties. They're losing a lot lately. Maybe they should learn to pick their battles a little better. Jan 6th is another battle they should've ignored.

WEATHER53

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another check mark in the loss column for the racist lefties. They're losing a lot lately. Maybe they should learn to pick their battles a little better. Jan 6th is another battle they should've ignored.
They made up and implemented 1/6 but have never been able to sell it like The Covid
Murdering Babbit and playing hide and seek with the murderer for 7 months did not win undecided hearts.

TeeDub

Gold Member
Reaction score
You would think that trying to beat a kid over the head with a skateboard while he has a AR15 is a bad idea. Libatards are really this stupid.

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Reaction score
You would think that trying to beat a kid over the head with a skateboard while he has a AR15 is a bad idea. Libatards are really this stupid.
Indeed.
You are chasing someone who you know is armed with an AR15.
What would any reasonable person expect you will do once you catch him?

night_son

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Yes indeed, modern radical leftists seem to think like those Native Americans who believed doing the Ghost Dance made them bulletproof.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List