Judge strikes down anti gun law in Columbus,Ohio

Franklin Co. judge overturns Columbus bump stock ban; upholds ban on criminals possessing guns

The 2nd part of the title is funny. No shit criminals can't own guns!? WOW! LMAO...
It’s really not all that funny... Barring convicted criminals who have served their sentences; to life sentences of not being able to vote or possess weapons is a violation of cruel, and unusual punishment. Why not eliminate their right to peaceably assemble, practice the religion of their choice, and free speech while we’re at it?

Franklin Co. judge overturns Columbus bump stock ban; upholds ban on criminals possessing guns

The 2nd part of the title is funny. No shit criminals can't own guns!? WOW! LMAO...
It’s really not all that funny... Barring convicted criminals who have served their sentences; to life sentences of not being able to vote or possess weapons is a violation of cruel, and unusual punishment. Why not eliminate their right to peaceably assemble, practice the religion of their choice, and free speech while we’re at it?
OK ya got me there...I am not allowed to own a gun because of a crime I committed when I was in my early 20's that hurt NO ONE just someone's property AND it was a first offender act so doesn't show up on my record and never has.

Columbus' bump-stock ban unconstitutional, but judge upholds gun ban for violent felons

These damn leftists will never learn. YOU WILL NOT DO AWAY WITH OUR 2ND AMENDMENT!

The Judge didn't consider any part of the 2nd amendment. He actually ruled under the 14th amendment. The Ohio State Gun Laws are so poorly written that it can allow a bumpstock because you have to remove the stock stock and replace it with a bump stock making it part of the gun itself and not just an accessory. If it were an acessory, it would be illegal by Ohio laws and Columbus could ban it. But since it is not an accessory it can be allowed. Therefore, Columbuses law was bounced because it contradicted the Ohio State Law. Look for Ohio to correct that situation.

Columbus' bump-stock ban unconstitutional, but judge upholds gun ban for violent felons

These damn leftists will never learn. YOU WILL NOT DO AWAY WITH OUR 2ND AMENDMENT!

The Judge didn't consider any part of the 2nd amendment. He actually ruled under the 14th amendment. The Ohio State Gun Laws are so poorly written that it can allow a bumpstock because you have to remove the stock stock and replace it with a bump stock making it part of the gun itself and not just an accessory. If it were an acessory, it would be illegal by Ohio laws and Columbus could ban it. But since it is not an accessory it can be allowed. Therefore, Columbuses law was bounced because it contradicted the Ohio State Law. Look for Ohio to correct that situation.
14th Amendment

What does guns have to do with 14th amendment? I think you mean 10th amendment and I HIGHLY doubt the legislature is going to ban bump stocks. It will be taken up with SC if it does.

14th Amendment

What does guns have to do with 14th amendment? I think you mean 10th amendment and I HIGHLY doubt the legislature is going to ban bump stocks. It will be taken up with SC if it does.

You are correct. I mistyped. It is the 10th amendment. So far, Florida, Maryland, Vermont and Washington have passed to ban bump stocks. It's going to be a long time to get rid of them There are over 520,000 of them across the nation. But like always, they do it one at a time. It takes about 10 years to get it done if all states pass the ban. If this was to go in front of the SC it would have already been there. the NRA isn't too keen on spending the millions on a hail mary.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back