Judge cited for changing Messiah's name

IMO parent's should be allowed to name their kids what they want, and, at 18 for the kids to rename themselves.

The parents appealed, and in September another judge, Chancellor Telford Forgety Jr., held that Ballew's ruling was unconstitutional.

Yes, citizens have the Constitutional right to give their children silly names, without interference from the state.

BTW would it be considered legal free speech or an unlawful threat/harassment/abuse/disturbing the peace if you named your child
Kill President _______
and posted that everywhere saying it was your baby's name and you were celebrating
with a viral video to announce it to the world?

Wouldn't there be an issue with intent?

No

I wonder if @JoeB131 will admit he was wrong.

Why would I do that.

These folks went to a judge for a decision, and he gave them a decision they didn't like.

Because they weren't mature enough to work it out for themselves, much less raise a kid.

Funny how you keep deluding yourself about the facts of the case even when presented with clear evidence that the judge was wrong.

IMO parent's should be allowed to name their kids what they want, and, at 18 for the kids to rename themselves.

No one should be allowed to call their kid 'Stupid Idiot' because by the time the kid turns 18, he's probably already killed himself due to the bullying.

No one should be allowed to call their kid 'Stupid Idiot' because by the time the kid turns 18, he's probably already killed himself due to the bullying.

Or become such a stand up person everyone calls him/her Stew.

But that requires free thinking, which is not a liberal forte

The parents appealed, and in September another judge, Chancellor Telford Forgety Jr., held that Ballew's ruling was unconstitutional.

Yes, citizens have the Constitutional right to give their children silly names, without interference from the state.

I don't agree. I certainly don't think any parent should be allowed to call their child Hitler, or Stalin, or Pol Pot, for instance.

Has someone tried to do that?

I wonder if @JoeB131 will admit he was wrong.

Why would I do that.

These folks went to a judge for a decision, and he gave them a decision they didn't like.

Because they weren't mature enough to work it out for themselves, much less raise a kid.

Funny how you keep deluding yourself about the facts of the case even when presented with clear evidence that the judge was wrong.

No, not really. Frankly, this kid's biggest problem isn't this judge, it's that he has these two knobs as parents.

I don't agree. I certainly don't think any parent should be allowed to call their child Hitler, or Stalin, or Pol Pot, for instance.

Do you think Mohammed should be added to your list? He killed fewer people than Stalin I suppose but more than Pol Pot.

Do you think Mohammed should be added to your list? He killed fewer people than Stalin I suppose but more than Pol Pot.
Yeah, and he raped little girls, but it's the most common name in the world.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1BJfDvSITY]Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue - YouTube[/ame]

On the other hand, this is probably what you would expect to happen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqQQjS2GmxI]Father of a Boy named Sue - YouTube[/ame]

Why would I do that.

No, not really. Frankly, this kid's biggest problem isn't this judge, it's that he has these two knobs as parents.

Funny, I thought his problem was assholes like you.

That, by the way, is experience speaking, because my name makes Messiah look like John.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1BJfDvSITY]Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue - YouTube[/ame]

On the other hand, this is probably what you would expect to happen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqQQjS2GmxI]Father of a Boy named Sue - YouTube[/ame]

Never would I call my son Sue. That's just nuts.

Funny, I thought his problem was assholes like you.

That, by the way, is experience speaking, because my name makes Messiah look like John.

Okay. Frankly, given that you are crazier than batshit, I'm really not seeing you as a good example of anything.

Forum List

Back