Johnson & Johnson is getting rid of its script logo after more than 130 years

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Many children no longer learn to write cursive in school, noted marketing consultant Laura Ries. People may recognize the signature, but they weren’t necessarily reading it, she said. The new logo, she said, is easier to process.

"Unintelligible" ol-timey squiggles based on founder James Wood Johnson's signature:

cursive_jpg-2953727.JPG

Dumbed down logo for today's yutes:

new2_jpg-2953742.JPG

The joke is on them, oldsters can use use it for secret communiques in the nursing home when time comes. ;)

Gee, what else is written in cursive that kids won't be able to read?

041919-36-History-Bill-Of-Rights-Constitution.jpg

Last edited:
The OP is as per usual lying about the reason as to why the logo will change...

The health care giant said Thursday that it will replace the well-known signature script it has used since 1887 with a modern look that reflects its sharpened focus on pharmaceuticals and medical devices.

Like all Boomer kids I grew up using cursive, although I had pretty bad handwriting.

However, after getting my degrees in Engineering I shifted towards using block letters to be more legible. Then came computers that went a long way towards making handwriting obsolete. The art of cursive handwriting for me faded farther and farther away.

A couple of weeks ago my wife and I were talking about the very same subject. She is a retired school teacher and her handwriting cursive skills are impeccable. She challenged me to write out a paragraph in cursive. I found out that I struggled to do it. Almost like a ancient lost script.

The OP is as per usual lying about the reason as to why the logo will change...

The health care giant said Thursday that it will replace the well-known signature script it has used since 1887 with a modern look that reflects its sharpened focus on pharmaceuticals and medical devices.

His OP said that. Dumbfuck.
Yours also said this :
But it started showing its age in an era of texting and emojis.

Many children no longer learn to write cursive in school, noted marketing consultant Laura Ries. People may recognize the signature, but they weren’t necessarily reading it, she said. The new logo, she said, is easier to process.

In fact, yall posted the same fucking article.

"Unintelligible" ol-timey squiggles based on founder James Wood Johnson's signature:

cursive_jpg-2953727.JPG

new2_jpg-2953742.JPG

The joke is on them, oldsters can use use it for secret communiques in the nursing home when time comes. ;)

Not gonna lie. When old people get riled up about cursive, I imagine old people a really long time ago being sad we don't write like this anymore:

1694847852885.png

Not gonna lie. When old people get riled up about cursive, I imagine old people a really long time ago being sad we don't write like this anymore:

View attachment 829998
Back then most people could not read nor write.

Literacy rates in Western European countries during the Middle Ages were below twenty percent of the population. For most countries, literacy rates did not experience significant increases until the Enlightenment and industrialization.

I can see updating a logo
But just having someone type Johnson & Johnson into Microsoft Word and saying “which font should I choose?” is not very imaginative

His OP said that. Dumbfuck.
Yours also said this :
But it started showing its age in an era of texting and emojis.

In fact, yall posted the same fucking article.
The company made one claim and the overly biased writer made an audacious claim on their own. I tend to believe what the company stated.

cursive_jpg-2953727.JPG

new2_jpg-2953742.JPG

They can obviously just read a typed out transcript of it

Which is how 99% of people who’ve read it did

Forum List

Back