Joe Biden Is Banning The Import Of Russian Bullets: Will Ammo Prices Spike?

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Last week, the White House announced that it would stop approving new permits to import Russian-made firearms as well as ammunition. The ban, which is part of a new round of sanctions against the Russian government over its alleged poisoning and imprisoning of dissident Aleksey Navalny, is set to go into effect on Sept. 7, 2021.

“Pursuant to the Chemical and Biological Weapons Control and Warfare Elimination Act of 1991 (the CBW Act), the United States will impose a second round of sanctions on the Russian Federation over its use of a ‘Novichok’ nerve agent in the August 2020 poisoning of Russian opposition figure Aleksey Navalny,” that U.S. Department of State explained in a fact sheet.

(Excerpt) Read more at 19fortyfive.com ...

--------------------

I remember 1993, when Clinton banned the import of Chinese ammo.

Not long after the news media was thrilled to report of several train car loads of ammo being confiscated! We had several nights of viedos showing the train cars!

Then someone looked at the head case stamps. WOOPS! It was then legal Russian ammo. They had to give it all back to the importers. The news media was silent on that.

Last week, the White House announced that it would stop approving new permits to import Russian-made firearms as well as ammunition. The ban, which is part of a new round of sanctions against the Russian government over its alleged poisoning and imprisoning of dissident Aleksey Navalny, is set to go into effect on Sept. 7, 2021.

“Pursuant to the Chemical and Biological Weapons Control and Warfare Elimination Act of 1991 (the CBW Act), the United States will impose a second round of sanctions on the Russian Federation over its use of a ‘Novichok’ nerve agent in the August 2020 poisoning of Russian opposition figure Aleksey Navalny,” that U.S. Department of State explained in a fact sheet.

--------------------

Not long after the news media was thrilled to report of several train car loads of ammo being confiscated! We had several nights of viedos showing the train cars!

Then someone looked at the head case stamps. WOOPS! It was then legal Russian ammo. They had to give it all back to the importers. The news media was silent on that.
Seems to me that the wanton release of a weaponized virus is in direct violation of the CBW as well--when is he going to act on that.

“Ammunition exports to the United States are only a small percentage of the GDP of the Russian Federation, but Russian origin ammo makes up a large part of the American ammunition supply,” the NRA-ILA explained. “American gun owners were already suffering from a market where demand was exceeding available supply. This new move by the Biden Administration will severely worsen the present supply problems.”

In other words, this is pure politics and gun control via other means.

--------------------

i remember when Olympic Arms made the first AK pistol. 7.62 X 39 made with soft steel that we were getting 1440 rounds on stripper clips for $75.00 Over night made the ammo now fit in a pistol re classified as armor piercing making it illegal. It went to a dollar a round and I was lucky I had 3 cases . I could made a pocket of cash but I didn't. I shot every round. What I remember the most about the shortanes is the ones I will never buy from again One of the worst was Cheaper Than Dirt charging $50 for a box of 9mm I I thought for sure they would change their name. but they are still around and I still don't buy from them Just like the price of primers 91.99 for 1000 primers and thanks for the heads up helping me find them but i WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE RIP OFFS AGAIN I CAN GET VARGET CHEAPER THAT they charge for PISTOL powder I WON;T BE BUYING ANYTHING FROM THESE CHUMPS AGAIN EITHER . all the other I still have plenty of the other sizes from the last shortage You don't save money any longer reloading but at least the ammo will function the weapon not . NOT LIKE THE CHEAP AMMO CABELAS SELLS.

Forum List

Back