Jewish vandals smash tombstones in Jerusalem Christian cemetery

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
JERUSALEM, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Four suspected Jewish nationalists were arrested for smashing headstones in a Christian cemetery near Jerusalem's walled Old City on Sunday.

The four men, two of whom were settlers from the occupied West Bank, were throwing concrete blocks at about 15 tombstones when they were caught by policemen who were nearby, police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said.

Several of the headstones, some of which dated back to the early 1900s, had had stone crosses broken off.

"Two of the men are known Hilltop Youth activists," Rosenfeld said, referring to a fringe group of Jewish settlers suspected by Israeli authorities of vandalising several mosques and monasteries in the past few years.

Defiler of graves

Jews smashing Christian tombstones has been a regular Jewish national pastime for decades.

We see who Jews in Israel are by this continuing practice still in occurrence.

Speaking of destroying, when the Muslim ethnically cleansed all Jews from the Arab states , they destroy all Jewish structures and tombstones.

Destroying the infrastructure that belongs to other Religions' is the Muslim way

BTW, I've barely scratched the surface. Muslims have a LONNNNNNG history of destruction when it comes to places or worship or infrastructure that isn't Muslim..

Heck, Muslim even destroy mosques because it doesn't belong to the same sect of Islam as them .

Death and Destruction. The Muslim way

Another church, inhabited by pigeons and lizards, the awful smell of neglect. And, most disturbingly of all, a Christian cemetery, sandwiched between a road and a factory, overgrown with weeds. Most of the graves were smashed open, revealing dried bones, exposed to sunlight and wind and the discarded wine bottles and chip wrappers of late night thrill seekers. I held back vomit. Thigh bones, once buried so carefully, surrounded by mourning and memories, now exposed anonymously to the sun.*

Words have always meant so much to me. Words turn back at a sight like this. We found a piece of a headstone, flung face down in the dirt, inscribed with Arabic poetry. I propped it up and poured water on it, rubbed at it with my shirt, with a discarded rag we discovered nearby. Anything. Anything to make the words readable. Anything to bring some miniscule level of dignity—or more accurately, to feel like I was doing something, anything.*We found out the Islamic movement had gotten permission to clean the nearby Muslim cemetery, and had come and done what they could to clean the Christian cemetery as well. Good Samaritans, trying somehow to be human in the face of all this inhumanity.We wondered out loud what the public reaction would be if this were a Jewish cemetery. We wondered what the people who live and work around these ruined churches and mosques and cemeteries think. How do they justify it? What do they think as they pass these skeletal reminders of the past, day after day?I held back the vomit as I threw away a few plastic bottles that I had picked up, into the garbage can behind the factory. The reek of garbage blew into my face. Some sort of congealed liquid leaked from the green trash can into the grass by the cemetery.**How do you live in a place where you heart is permanently breaking?

http://hoseyblog.blog.com/2008/09/

The Galilee, September 2008

http://hoseyblog.blog.com/2008/09/12/youd-never-know-if-you-didnt-know/

Last edited:
JERUSALEM, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Four suspected Jewish nationalists were arrested for smashing headstones in a Christian cemetery near Jerusalem's walled Old City on Sunday.

The four men, two of whom were settlers from the occupied West Bank, were throwing concrete blocks at about 15 tombstones when they were caught by policemen who were nearby, police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said.

Several of the headstones, some of which dated back to the early 1900s, had had stone crosses broken off.

"Two of the men are known Hilltop Youth activists," Rosenfeld said, referring to a fringe group of Jewish settlers suspected by Israeli authorities of vandalising several mosques and monasteries in the past few years.

Defiler of graves

Certainly, this is regrettable. My Jewish friends tell me that emotions in the Middle East run rampant at times. Two of these perps were from the West Bank which is a political hotbed. We should not judge all Jews by the actions of a few who go too far.

Now, I know there are Muslims who will say, "See what they did? Muslim fanatics should not be blamed so harshly." To them I say. "There is a big difference between four radicals damaging tombstones, and Muslims killing 2,977 people in the World Trade Center." Let's keep our perspective clear here.

AP100127022968-195x110.jpg

Please note that the link in the OP said nothing about the
damages done to Jewish cemeteries such as this one.​

You can't be this ignorant.

Defiler of graves

Certainly, this is regrettable. My Jewish friends tell me that emotions in the Middle East run rampant at times. Two of these perps were from the West Bank which is a political hotbed. We should not judge all Jews by the actions of a few who go too far.

Now, I know there are Muslims who will say, "See what they did? Muslim fanatics should not be blamed so harshly." To them I say. "There is a big difference between four radicals damaging tombstones, and Muslims killing 2,977 people in the World Trade Center." Let's keep our perspective clear here.

So, you think I am ignorant to point out that fanatics are fanatics in all groups on our planet? You think it is ignorant to point out that Muslim violence killed 2,977 innocent people in the World Trade Center and that compares to broken cemetery stones? And, finally you think it ignorant to show a picture of damage to a Jewish Cemetery? All this while beginning my comments with "Certainly, this is regrettable."

I think we all know who should be taking the Minnesota Multiphase Personality Inventory, (MMPI), and have the results rushed to a shrink.

MMPI2StrSumkit.gif

Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MMPI3.png

It is not possible to lie on this test. It is often used to evaluate the stability of top executives prior to a job offer.

Last edited:
All you people have proven here is that pretty much every group is intolerant except for the Christians who are essentially harmless except for those Westboro F'rs.

So, you think I am ignorant to point out that fanatics are fanatics in all groups on our planet? You think it is ignorant to point out that Muslim violence killed 2,977 innocent people in the World Trade Center and that compares to broken cemetery stones? And, finally you think it ignorant to show a picture of damage to a Jewish Cemetery? All this while beginning my comments with "Certainly, this is regrettable."

I think we all know who should be taking the Minnesota Multiphase Personality Inventory, (MMPI), and have the results rushed to a shrink.

No I think it's ignorant of you to make this statement "We should not judge all Jews by the actions of a few who go too far" then turn around in less then one sentence and do exactly that to all muslims.

You seem to believe that in fact people SHOULD judge an entire community based on the actions of a few if the severity of the action in question exceeds some nebulous level of outrage.

Forum List

Back