Jewish prayer songs and Hebrew songs (popular/classic)

The wonderful Sarit Hadad. To get the English translation just copy and paste the titles into Google search and there will be sites with translations for those songs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_HwiTxmWQE]Sarit Hadad -HaHofaa Haya BeCaesarea - YouTube[/ame]

Tracklist --------- 1. Intro 2. Haval Al HaZman 3. Ze HaSod Sheli 4. Tishtok 5. Ani Od Boheret 6. Ani Ohevet Otha Harbe Yoter Mimeni 7. Tipa VeOd Tipa 8. Bahur Nehmad 9. Teleh Kapara Alay 10. Kah Et HaKol 11. Yalla Leh HaBayta Moti 12. KsheHaLev Bohe 13. Ashlayot Metukot 14. Havera Tova 15. Kohavim Shel Ahava 16. Yalla Leh HaBayta Moti

Behold.. He that keeps Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRoXRm9F91c]Songs from the book of Psalms - HINE LO YANUM - Psalm 121: 4 - Original Recording - YouTube[/ame]

I figured I'd put the English translation to this...

Glorified and sanctified be God's great name throughout the world which He has created according to His will. May He establish His kingdom in your lifetime and during your days, and within the life of the entire House of Israel, speedily and soon; and say, Amen.

May His great name be blessed forever and to all eternity.

Blessed and praised, glorified and exalted, extolled and honored, adored and lauded be the name of the Holy One, blessed be He, beyond all the blessings and hymns, praises and consolations that are ever spoken in the world; and say, Amen.

May there be abundant peace from heaven, and life, for us and for all Israel; and say, Amen.

He who creates peace in His celestial heights, may He create peace for us and for all Israel; and say, Amen.

Statistikhengst - wow, I am speechless.

Thanks for joining this thread. What an amazing talent. Please, please, carry on contributing here. Your own songs and if you want others' who you admire.

Thanks for joining this thread. What an amazing talent. Please, please, carry on contributing here. Your own songs and if you want others' who you admire.

my pleasure. I have tons of recordings of my pro work, but not much on the internet yet.

Used to do lots of Chazzanut.

The Cohen Psalm 23 was writting in commemoration of 911.

I tend to write one kaddish for myself to sing every 2 years or so, and sh'ma kolyenu is one of my favorite and most meaningful (to me) brachot.

Let me see what I can dig up...

I love this thread, feel right at home here. Among kind people of good will. Yepp, that is a nice feeling.

Shalom, Chavverim!

my pleasure. I have tons of recordings of my pro work, but not much on the internet yet.

I tend to write one kaddish for myself to sing every 2 years or so, and sh'ma kolyenu is one of my favorite and most meaningful (to me) brachot.

I love this thread, feel right at home here. Among kind people of good will. Yepp, that is a nice feeling.

Shalom, Chavverim!

You're welcome. Please stick around and recruit others if you want. Shalom to you too and in fact Shabbat Shalom.

Shalom, Chavverim!

You're welcome. Please stick around and recruit others if you want. Shalom to you too and in fact Shabbat Shalom.

Shabbat shalom to you as well!

This one is from me for all of you, but especially for [MENTION=25505]Jroc[/MENTION] :)

A prayer for strong men!

https://soundcloud.com/statistikhengst/ganchoff-magen-avot

Just uploaded this morning for y'all... bet you will like the ending, too!!! :D

Magen Avot:

He was a protective shield to our fathers, by his word,
by his edict he can call back the dead,
The Lord is holy, no one can compare with (to) him.
the One who gives his people the Shabbat as a gift,
daily we serve him with righteous fear,
daily we thank him,
He is our Lord, and we thank him,
He is the Lord of Peace, the one who makes Shabbat holy.
The seventh day is set aside and blessed for his people -
in order to bring joy to his people to to remind them to remember who the Creator is.

Translation mine, direct from the Ivrit, in 21st century, understandable, everyman's English. :)

I think there are some other really wonderful people of good will we should invite to hear all of this music, neat people with lyric souls:

[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION]

There are more, but I would like to start with these four people. I know that Pogo likes to play musical instruments, so this may really appeal to him.

I really do love this thread. I started a similar type of thread at another forum, but it never really caught on.

BTW, I love jewish jazz too...

Shalom, Chavverim!

Shabbat shalom to you as well!

This one is from me for all of you, but especially for [MENTION=25505]Jroc[/MENTION] :)

A prayer for strong men!

https://soundcloud.com/statistikhengst/ganchoff-magen-avot

Just uploaded this morning for y'all... bet you will like the ending, too!!! :D

Magen Avot:

He was a protective shield to our fathers, by his word,
by his edict he can call back the dead,
The Lord is holy, no one can compare with (to) him.
the One who gives his people the Shabbat as a gift,
daily we serve him with righteous fear,
daily we thank him,
He is our Lord, and we thank him,
He is the Lord of Peace, the one who makes Shabbat holy.
The seventh day is set aside and blessed for his people -
in order to bring joy to his people to to remind them to remember who the Creator is.

Translation mine, direct from the Ivrit, in 21st century, understandable, everyman's English. :)

I think there are some other really wonderful people of good will we should invite to hear all of this music, neat people with lyric souls:

[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION]

There are more, but I would like to start with these four people. I know that Pogo likes to play musical instruments, so this may really appeal to him.

I really do love this thread. I started a similar type of thread at another forum, but it never really caught on.

BTW, I love jewish jazz too...

Excellent!!!!!

I am going to listen to all your music this weekend as I am busy at the moment. Thank you so very much for all of them, and thanks for inviting others along.

A warm welcome in advance to those new invitees.

I would love to hear the Jewish Jazz. I quite like Klezmer but the more jazzier type rather than the oy vey morose type. I suppose we could have Klezmer and Jewish Jazz on this thread too rather than make a separate thread. Also of course Israeli singers and bands too as Israel has a thriving music industry. This is becoming a very exciting thread.

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByffzMl91sk&list=PLNdYoh7kXJ-6y7XGInygPQ8X7ihVY3Aac]Ella - Avinu Malkeinu - YouTube[/ame]

Avinu Malkeynu:

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/hol...es/Prayers/Mahzor_Content/Avinu_Malkenu.shtml

She is also beautiful.

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

The same loving Father that Beethoven describes in his 9th symphony

"Brothers, over the canopy of stars, there MUST live a loving father"

Just great stuff for the soul, for the mind, for the body...

This is the type of Klezmer I love.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvCYDluMOxQ]Amsterdam Klezmer Band - Di Naie Chuppe - Sziget 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Traditionally played at Jewish weddings (whatever the level of orthodoxy).

klezmer mazeltov ve simentov

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocBwI5p0FGk]Suite Sherele - Simantov - Mazeltov (klezmer) par Slava Kazykin Ensemble - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back