Jesus is Jehovah! (Blog)

FRED FRANZ COURT TRANSCRIPT, NOVEMBER 24, 1954

http://www.equip.org/PDF/DJ200.pdf

What is that--Jesus is the light of this world? a book? If the writer of this book actually knows Jesus--then he surely taught that Jesus pointed his followers to his God and Father in everything--not to himself. And would surely be teaching Jesus' truths--like this very simple truth that equals a childs milk---Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth--Jesus' teachers teach this truth--any child can understand this truth--yet trinity religions teach heaven or hell as the end and throw Jesus' truth away--how is this explained?

Jesus went through His trial with flying colors. Your leaders lied about knowing Greek and Hebrew enough. It is a court case. What do you think it is?

I was asking about your pic( book) not about the link--I never open links. But I see you have no answer.

The Pharisees complained about Jesus and his teachers not attending the schools of men--so far as to call them a sect(cult)--- when one has God-- its all one needs. The JW,s are correct whether this world likes it or not.

1. The JW do agree with the LITERAL Bible passage:
to baptize all nations in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

They do not believe in teaching Father/Son/HolySpirit
as a "Trinity" but as ONE.
So if you talk with JW, always spell out the terms as
Father/Son/HolySpirit or cite the literal Bible passage
so they know you are referring to that, not to messed up explanations
of "The Trinity" that make no sense to them.

2. the JW insist on calling the HolySpirit God's "active force"
even though the name "Comforter" in the Bible is more common
(Active Force is claimed to be from
Genesis 1:2 King James Version (KJV)
"2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darknesswas upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
JW have replaced or translated Spirit of God with God's Active Force.

So on one hand they CLAIM to reject names like "Trinity" and "God"
as "not the original names"
but when it comes to
"Active Force" for "HolySpirit" they use their theology and translation
and not the literal Bible
(they also allow substituting Jehovah for YHWH
saying it is just a different pronunciation of the same name not a different name)
but again
when it comes to "Active Force"
this is NOT in the Bible except in translations printed by the JW
which most groups do not accept as an accurate scholarly translation
but rewriting it in their own terms.

3. Also the JW reject spiritual healing as demonic
while misinterpreting the "eating/consuming of blood"
as prohibiting medical procedures that rely on blood transfusions.

A JW would never listen to anyone about a false trinity God--to teach a trinity is basically calling Jesus a liar.

The Pharisees complained about Jesus and his teachers not attending the schools of men--so far as to call them a sect(cult)--- when one has God-- its all one needs. The JW,s are correct whether this world likes it or not.

"2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darknesswas upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

but when it comes to
saying it is just a different pronunciation of the same name not a different name)
but again

A JW would never listen to anyone about a false trinity God--to teach a trinity is basically calling Jesus a liar.

Jesus said no such thing. Jesus did say, "I and my Father are one." and "Whosoever, who has seen me has seen the Father." Adam could never have said such a thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

but when it comes to
but again

Jesus said no such thing. Jesus did say, "I and my Father are one." and "Whosoever, who has seen me, has seen the Father." and Jesus also said, in Matthew 28:19 (NASB95)
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, "

but when it comes to
but again

Jesus said no such thing. Jesus did say, "I and my Father are one." and "Whosoever, who has seen me, has seen the Father." and Jesus also said, in Matthew 28:19 (NASB95)
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, "

Yes Jesus taught those things--not in a single of the 3 did Jesus say he was God--he never said he was God--He taught all that listen to him--He has a God-John 20:17, rev 3:12--- believe Jesus.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

There are those who quote a few Bible verses in order to prove that Jesus and God are the same; however, they ignore the many other verses which prove the very opposite. Here are just a few examples from the KJV (emphasis are of course my own):

Matthew 19:17 and Luke 18:19:

“And he said unto them, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, the Father.”

(Christ acknowledges that He is not good. Now, logically speaking, if Christ is not good, how can He be God or even a part of God?? How can a perfect God have even a single component which is not good?)

Matthew 20:23:

“He said to them, You will drink my cup, but to sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for who it has been prepared by my Father.”

Matthew 27:46:

“And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”

(One does not forsake (leave or abandon) himself; therefore that which forsakes and that which is forsaken must obviously be two different entities.

(Commenting on this dying exclamation of Christ, Dr. Conway says: "That cry could never be wrung from the lips of a man who saw in his own death a prearranged plan for the world's salvation, and his own return to divine glory temporarily renounced for transient misery on earth. The fictitious theology of a thousand years shrivels beneath the awful anguish of that cry." See The Christ, by John E. Remsberg, p.314.)

Mark 13:32:

“But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but only the Father.”

Mark 16:19:[/B
“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”

(Clearly Jesus cannot sit on the right hand of himself, therefore Jesus and God must be two distinct entities).

Luke 22:42:

“Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me; nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.”

(This verse shows that The Father and Son did not share the same objectives. The Son would just as soon have avoided His "death" but He acquiesced to the will of His Father.)

John 8:42:

“Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.”

(This verse ridicules the idea that God and Jesus are one. Jesus said He did not come of Himself but was sent by the Father. It is axiomatic that the one who sent and the one who was sent cannot be the same person. If Jesus and the Father really were one and the same, Jesus would have come of himself, and the words He said in John 8:42 could not be true.

John 14:28:

“Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.”

(This is one of the strongest proofs that Father and Son are two separate entities and the Father is superior to the Son.)

John 20:17:

“Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.”

(If Jesus is His own God, then I'm my own grandpa.)

1 Timothy 2:5-6:

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

(If Christ is a mediator BETWEEN God and men, He cannot be God. There is no doubt that Christ and God are separate entities.)

Isaiah 43:10-12:

(The Old Testament God speaking):

“You are My witnesses, declares the LORD, “And My servant whom I have chosen, so that you know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, nor after Me there is none. I, I am the LORD, and besides Me there is no savior. I, I have declared and saved, and made known, and there was no foreign mighty one among you. And you are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God.”

(This verse, along with many other Old Testament verses, shows that salvation existed long before the birth of Christ.)

The above verses prove beyond the possibility of rational debate that Jesus and God are not the same. Only the most intellectually dishonest perversion of logic and language could reconcile such verses with the concept that Jesus and God are the same entity. Besides, if it needs explaining, it cannot possibly be the word of God.

However, although the cited verses clearly show that Jesus is merely the Son of God (the Father being greater than the Son), I acknowledge that there are also Bible verses which show Jesus is God Himself. Additionally, there are still other Bible verses which say that Jesus is a co-equal part of a divine trinity composed of three separate entities, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

Here is the question: Are Jesus and God one and the same?
Here is the answer: It depends on which Bible verses you believe according to your individual interpretation.

However, there is one thing I will never understand. The Bible is replete with acknowledgments that God is eternal. If God could not die and Christ is God, the “sacrifice” on the cross is meaningless. If Christ is God, there was no death on the cross, no sacrifice. Eternal gods don't die. Only mortals die. Further, logic tells us that one cannot be all God and all man as some suggest.

There are those who quote a few Bible verses in order to prove that Jesus and God are the same; however, they ignore the many other verses which prove the very opposite. Here are just a few examples from the KJV (emphasis are of course my own):

“And he said unto them, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, the Father.”

That is the point. The man is calling Jesus good because he recognizes something in Jesus that makes Him God.

That is the point. The man is calling Jesus good because he recognizes something in Jesus that makes Him God.

You really need to read up on evangelical theology.

Matthew 19:17 Commentary - John Gill's Exposition of the Bible

You really need to read up on evangelical theology.

Matthew 19:17 Commentary - John Gill's Exposition of the Bible

My pastor has over 12,000 in his church. He basically said the same thing. That settles it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back