Japan student swept over Canadian Niagara Falls

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
An international student from Japan is presumed dead after being swept over Niagara Falls on Sunday night, authorities say.

The woman, in her 20s, who was studying in Toronto, climbed on to a pillar overlooking the Canadian side of the falls and slipped over, police said.

She then fell into the Niagara River about 80ft (24m) up from the edge of the falls and was swept over.

BBC News - Japan student swept over Canadian Niagara Falls

That's horrible. The poor thing. I wonder if it was because she couldn't read the warning signs? So few international tourists can speak/read the language of the countries they visit.

Of course, common sense IS the global language. I wish it had kicked in for her and prevented this tragedy.

An international student from Japan is presumed dead after being swept over Niagara Falls on Sunday night, authorities say.

The woman, in her 20s, who was studying in Toronto, climbed on to a pillar overlooking the Canadian side of the falls and slipped over, police said.

She then fell into the Niagara River about 80ft (24m) up from the edge of the falls and was swept over.

BBC News - Japan student swept over Canadian Niagara Falls

what? is there some website of a 1000 Horrifying Ways To Die In Water?

Falling from such a big height she would have died before falling to the water and thinking about her family I feel very sorry for them for not seeing their Childs face after her death.

No, she wouldn't have died as she fell, the poor thing.

Free falling doesn't kill you.

It's that sudden deceleration that ends the terror.

Forum List

Back