It's that time of year!

1615428485546.png

What is your favorite method for corned beef?
When someone else makes it and i don't go to their house for dinner.

My gram used to make a really good hash out of the leftovers, though, with her hand crank meat grinder and old iron frypan, with PLENTY of crisp on the outside. With enough vinegar and pepper, that was decent.

My gram used to make a really good hash out of the leftovers, though, with her hand crank meat grinder and old iron frypan, with PLENTY of crisp on the outside. With enough vinegar and pepper, that was decent.
Did she make salmon patties also? Fried liver and onions?

Reubens are my goal!

Yes. I always called every kid in the neighborhood to try and wheedle an invitation to supper when those fucking salmon patties were on the menu. Canned salmon of course. It's turning my stomach a little just remembering it.

Reubens are my goal!
Now you're talking!!!

Yes. I always called every kid in the neighborhood to try and wheedle an invitation to supper when those fucking salmon patties were on the menu. Canned salmon of course. It's turning my stomach a little just remembering it.
Potato pancakes with left over mashed potatoes. I have not had any salmon patties since I moved from home.

Reubens are my goal!
Now you're talking!!!

Arbys started selling Reubens recently.

I grew up during WWII and it was always fish on Friday, liver on Tuesday. Most other meat was rationed.

Forum List

Back