It's over. I put a man in prison for the rest of his natural life.

get over yourself.

About as likely as:

$HellFrozenOver-notext-640x.jpeg

Why are you patting yourself on the back for doing your duty? It is your responsiblity as a US citizen.... nothing to be proud of. Jeeeeeez. Fucking liberals - what did you expect - Peter the Magic Pixie comes along and makes all the bad people good? Welcome to Reality 101. Idiot.

I wonder if you would feel that way about Police Officers or Firefighters on 9/11 or any of the day who act in great service. Or should they not feel proud because they are "just doing their duty"? Stop being a spiteful bitch for once in your time here.

Yea, because jury duty is so incredibly dangerous. Paperview might get a papercut - which is remarkably similar to running into a disaster scene to save peoples actual lives. Or facing some fucking dopehead with a gun.....

My bad. You idiot.

Yea, because jury duty is so incredibly dangerous. Paperview might get a papercut - which is remarkably similar to running into a disaster scene to save peoples actual lives. Or facing some fucking dopehead with a gun.....

My bad. You idiot.

It can be, yes.

However, your wide-reaching and ignorant statement:

Why are you patting yourself on the back for doing your duty? It is your responsiblity as a US citizen.... nothing to be proud of. Jeeeeeez. Fucking liberals - what did you expect - Peter the Magic Pixie comes along and makes all the bad people good? Welcome to Reality 101. Idiot.

Could be easily applied to those who protect us (Police and Fire Department).

My bad. You idiot.

It can be, yes.

However, your wide-reaching and ignorant statement:

Could be easily applied to those who protect us (Police and Fire Department).

You conveniently overlook the most relevent sentence of my post. "You idiot".

Jury duty is not comparable to Police or Fire. Those dude risk their lives every single day, for us. Paperview sat in a courtroom, listened to evidence and made a decision based on that evidence. It was his DUTY to service. Duty is not a hard concept.... but maybe it is for liberals.

Jury duty is not comparable to Police or Fire. Those dude risk their lives every single day, for us. Paperview sat in a courtroom, listened to evidence and made a decision based on that evidence. It was his DUTY to service. Duty is not a hard concept.... but maybe it is for liberals.

Again, another ignorant statement. I'm sure people who are Liberals or could be considered Liberals like Art 15 on here who have served their country in war zones like Iraq would not appreciate such statements. Maybe you need to stop acting like a spiteful bitch who paints with a wide brush.

Besides, something being discussed right now, Jury Duty for the KSM case. You don't think that would be dangerous? Or how about in any dangerous criminal case where the person you're putting away for say only 10-15 years is violent? Or how about the Mob? Jury Duty while most of the time is harmless, it's not always such a thing.

And I know that Jury Duty is not comparable in terms of service as to Police and Fire Department. However, your wide-reaching statements could say otherwise.

Again, another ignorant statement. I'm sure people who are Liberals or could be considered Liberals like Art 15 on here who have served their country in war zones like Iraq would not appreciate such statements. Maybe you need to stop acting like a spiteful bitch who paints with a wide brush.

Besides, something being discussed right now, Jury Duty for the KSM case. You don't think that would be dangerous? Or how about in any dangerous criminal case where the person you're putting away for say only 10-15 years is violent? Or how about the Mob? Jury Duty while most of the time is harmless, it's not always such a thing.

And I know that Jury Duty is not comparable in terms of service as to Police and Fire Department. However, your wide-reaching statements could say otherwise.

:lol::lol::lol: That is my point - when you compare our Police/Fire/Military heros with some guy sitting on fucking jury service - you dishonor those who risk their lives daily for us.

Grow the fuck up.

Paperview,

I'm glad you didn't have a very bad experience and it is an experience that not many go through. I can totally understand for wanting to post about it, and how you feel good about yourself for you probably did save lives. Let's just hope this perp doesn't get out of prison on appeal.

Can you give a link (home town paper or something) now to the actual reported crime?

Those images probably won't ever go away but they will not occupy your thinking on a daily bases after awhile. I've seen some pretty bad pictures of deceased people and when the topic comes up it flashes through my mind but very seldom now.

That was very kind of the Judge to tell you about his past crimes.

After this experience how do you think you will feel if you had to sit through another one? Apprehensive, impartial next time? Just a few things to think about.

Anyway, you did your civic duty, and did it well.

Ter

I'm surprised that Paper can even talk about it. No gag order of any sort at the end I suppose?

And I guess you didn't take my advice Paper on what to do at the end of the trial. :lol:

Last edited:
Ok, I haven't jumped on the trash CaliGirl bandwagon.

I'm conservative. One of the things I most respect is our country's judicial system.

Therefore, I respect the people who do their duty and participate in it.

Girl..I'm not dissing you for respecting those who give their lives and well being to protect us...but a big part of that, and the reason they do that, is to support our democratic judicial system. Don't minimize it.

Ok, I haven't jumped on the trash CaliGirl bandwagon.

I'm conservative. One of the things I most respect is our country's judicial system.

Therefore, I respect the people who do their duty and participate in it.

Girl..I'm not dissing you for respecting those who give their lives and well being to protect us...but a big part of that, and the reason they do that, is to support our democratic judicial system. Don't minimize it.

Hey Allie, I'm not minimizing it! If the OP had opened his thread with his part in a jury of "12 angry men", and that THEY had reached the right verdict etc... then I would have high 5'ed it, but he credits himself alone with having sent down the bad guy. I dislike self promotion.... unless it's me. :lol:

I respect Pap for having done his duty but, at it is the duty of us all to serve as part of the justice system when asked. I see nothing special in someone doing what we should all do.

Only trial I've been a jurest in was a DUI trial.

I talked everyone into letting the lady off....

She was sitting in her car waiting for her husband to pick her up and a cop busted her.

I just couldn't see convicting her for something I felt was an unfair law. The evidence was questionable as well.

As a juror, you are not supposed to rule based upon whether or not you agree with the law, but based upon whether or not the law was broken.
You obviously didn't pay attention during the judges instructions.

Have a look at Blackstone's comments about the "pious perjury" of the jury. Just another protection given by the concept of the jury.

I became even more sure when the judge came into the deliberation room after we had rendered our verdict and said "you were not allowed to hear this during the trial, but this man has previously brutally assaulted people in this fashion, and even spent time in prison for it."

and this is why i feel very often that the duty is a joke....your not allowed to know if the perp has done this before......if he has done the same crime numerous times and has done prison time for this same crime he is on trial for, before.....there is a dam good chance he has done it again....

It's a procedural necessity though. In my jurisdiction there is a concept called "similar fact evidence" that might be introduced (extremely difficult though) in certain circumstances where previous behaviours and actions can be admitted into evidence. But the problem with routinely bring in priors is that a jury can be biased - even inadvertently - and see the evidence less than objectively. That would be unfair and fairness is an important part of a trial.

Forum List

Back