It's about time Blacks joined in the fight to defend their Constitutional rights

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
I applaud you :clap2:

[ame=http://youtu.be/jKMi023Ofro][FULL VERSION] Black conservative leaders discuss how the NRA was created to protect freed slaves - YouTube[/ame]

What are you talking about? What do you mean that "it's about time"?

black-panthers_1968.jpg

I posted a link on another thread from the NRA website and their history section, I saw NOTHING about the NRA being formed to protect freed slaves. If you can find a source from the NRA, I would greatly appreciate it. Here's what i have:
" Dismayed by the lack of marksmanship shown by their troops, Union veterans Col. William C. Church and Gen. George Wingate formed the National Rifle Association in 1871. The primary goal of the association would be to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis," according to a magazine editorial written by Church.

After being granted a charter by the state of New York on November 17, 1871, the NRA was founded. Civil War Gen. Ambrose Burnside, who was also the former governor of Rhode Island and a U.S. Senator, became the fledgling NRA's first president. "

:)

What do you mean what am I TALKING ABOUT? SINCE THE 60'S WHEN HAVE BLACKS TOOK A STAND TOO DEFEND THEIR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHT?

Its cultural. The DNC has built a plantation especially for them where they've been made to feel at home. Obamaphones, EBT cards for lap dances, the food stamp nation, a stream of constant messaging telling them how deprived they are and have been accompanied by a litany of cooing words telling them how the Dems are going to fix it make the hurt they've been told they feel at the hands of the 'White Devils' and the grievances they've been told they have go away. "Follow me and Ill set you free, and you won't have to lift a finger"
"Don't you go payin any attention to that Ben Carson fella, he's just an ole Uncle Tom!"

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/23/...ctor-in-michele-bachmanns-criticism-of-obama/

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/23/...-white-people-own-guns-because-theyre-racist/

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/22/...ck-friend-to-make-themselves-feel-not-racist/

Last edited:
Its cultural. The DNC has built a plantation especially for them where they've been made to feel at home. Obamaphones, EBT cards for lap dances, the food stamp nation, a stream of constant messaging telling them how deprived they are and have been accompanied by a litany of cooing words telling them how the Dems are going to fix it make the hurt they've been told they feel at the hands of the 'White Devils' and the grievances they've been told they have go away. "Follow me and Ill set you free, and you won't have to lift a finger"
"Don't you go payin any attention to that Ben Carson fella, he's just an ole Uncle Tom!"

I think it's wonderful that they are actually taking a stand. This agenda may be the trojan horse that brings the house of cards down on the democrats.
They may lose a majority of their base.

Star Jones is on Fire.

Quoting Fredrick Douglas
A mans Rights rest in three boxes ballot box Jury Box and the cartage box. :clap2:

What do you mean what am I TALKING ABOUT? SINCE THE 60'S WHEN HAVE BLACKS TOOK A STAND TOO DEFEND THEIR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHT?

Sorry dude. They've been busy fighting for their rights to vote, attend school, shop and dine and ride the bus with white, play sports, and lots of other things that radical right wingers have been trying to withold for decades.

After years of progress, now they got time to move on to another one.

"The nation’s white political elite feared that violence was too prevalent and there were too many people—especially urban Black nationalists—with access to guns. In May 1967, two dozen Black Panther Party members walked into the California Statehouse carrying rifles to protest a gun-control bill, prompting then-Gov. Ronald Reagan to comment, “There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”
The NRA once supported gun control - Salon.com

"But in the mid-1960s, the Black Panthers were better-known than the NRA for expressing that view of the Second Amendment. By 1968, however, Burbick notes that the NRA’s magazine’s most assertive editorials began saying the problem was fighting crime and not guns—which we hear today."

Are there some vocal Black people who are against gun control; of course there are! Are Black people killing each other with pillow in the inner cities or are they killing themselves with firearms? The obviously are not into gun control. Just because people aren't advertising what firearms they own and shouting at the top of their lungs about being in favor of the Second Amendment, doesn't mean that they are in favor "gun control".

Where is that citation from the NRA regarding "it being formed to help freed slaves"?

Are there some vocal Black people who are against gun control; of course there are! Are Black people killing each other with pillow in the inner cities or are they killing themselves with firearms? The obviously are not into gun control. Just because people aren't advertising what firearms they own and shouting at the top of their lungs about being in favor of the Second Amendment, doesn't mean that they are in favor "gun control".

Where is that citation from the NRA regarding "it being formed to help freed slaves"?

Don't side step the issue not in 25 five years have black leaders step up to the plate to defend their rights.

Sigh. The NRA official web site says nothing about the specific "why" of its founding.

Nothing about black civil rights is found in the following:

History [edit] Origins National Rifle Association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The National Rifle Association was first chartered in the state of New York on November 17, 1871[11] by Army and Navy Journal editor William Conant Church and General George Wood Wingate. Its first president was Civil War General Ambrose Burnside, who had worked as a Rhode Island gunsmith, and Wingate was the original secretary of the organization. Church succeeded Burnside as president in the following year.

Union Army records for the Civil War indicate that its troops fired about 1,000 rifle shots for each Confederate soldier hit, causing General Burnside to lament his recruits: "Out of ten soldiers who are perfect in drill and the manual of arms, only one knows the purpose of the sights on his gun or can hit the broad side of a barn."[12] The generals attributed this to the use of volley tactics, devised for earlier, less accurate smoothbore muskets.[13][14]

Recognizing a need for better training, Wingate traveled to Europe and observed European armies' marksmanship training programs. With plans provided by Wingate, the New York Legislature funded the construction of a modern range at Creedmore, Long Island, for long-range shooting competitions. Wingate then wrote a marksmanship manual.[12]

After winning the British Empire championship at Wimbledon, London, in 1874, the Irish Rifle Team issued a challenge through the New York Herald to riflemen of the United States to raise a team for a long-range match to determine an Anglo-American championship. The NRA organized a team through a subsidiary amateur rifle club. Remington Arms and Sharps Rifle Manufacturing Company produced breech-loading weapons for the team. Although muzzle-loading rifles had long been considered more accurate, eight American riflemen won the match firing breech-loading rifles. Publicity of the event generated by the New York Herald helped to establish breech-loading firearms as suitable for military marksmanship training, and promoted the NRA to national prominence.[12]

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are Ulysses S. Grant, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush.[15]

wow... Revisionism :rolleyes:

The nra wasn't founded as a political organization. It's original purpose was to improve proficiency at using firearms.

national rifle association - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

32:00 minutes in the video it's explained.

Yeah, he said the same thing I did. Veterans IN THE NORTH wanted to improve the professionalism of their potential militia members.
That's not exactly what he said
And by the way don't negate the substance with in the video. I can't help what the title of the video is. It's the substance in the video is worth listening too.

Forum List

Back