Israel's influential Rabbi Ovadia Yosef dead at 93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yosef resided in the Jerusalem neighbourhood of Har Nof.[15] He remained an active public figure in political and religious life in his capacity as the spiritual leader of the Shas political party and through his regular weekly sermons, during which he regularly spoke out "against those he despised — rival politicians, gays and perceived enemies of Israel".[6] He was referred to as the Posek HaDor ("Posek of the present Generation"), Gadol HaDor ("great/est (one of) the generation"), Maor Yisrael ("The Light of Israel") and Maran.[citation needed]

This guy was a jewel. Now I know why extreme right wingers liked him.

Remarks regarding gentiles

In an October 2010 sermon, Yosef stated that "The sole purpose of non-Jews is to serve Jews". He said that Gentiles served a divine purpose: "Why are Gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow, they will reap. We will sit like an effendi and eat. That is why Gentiles were created."[47]

In the same article on the Jerusalem Post, according to the journalist who interviewed him, Yosef compared Gentiles to donkeys whose life has the sole purpose to serve the master: "In Israel, death has no dominion over them... With gentiles, it will be like any person – they need to die, but [God] will give them longevity. Why? Imagine that one's donkey would die, they'd lose their money. This is his servant... That's why he gets a long life, to work well for this Jew. Gentiles were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world – only to serve the People of Israel."[48]

I can see why israelis and zionists love this guy.

Ovadia Yosef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Newsflash to the morons, Israel is a secular democracy, people are allowed to express their religious views just like Reverend Wright, or Pat Robertson, or Jerry Falwell do here.

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, (Hebrew: עובדיה יוסף*) born as Abdullah Youssef in his native language,[1] (Arabic: يوسف*) (1918[2] or September 24, 1920 – October 7, 2013)[3] was the former Sephardi Chief Rabbi of Israel,[4] a recognised Talmudic scholar and foremost authority on Jewish law.

He served as the spiritual leader of the Shas political party in the Israeli parliament. His halakhic responsa are highly regarded within Orthodox circles and are considered binding in many Mizrahi communities, among whom he was regarded as "the most important living halachic authority."[5]

In 2005 he was voted the 23rd-greatest Israeli of all time, in a poll by the Israeli news website Ynetnews to determine whom the general public considered the 200 greatest Israelis.[58]

h40q.jpg

klu3.jpg

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yosef resided in the Jerusalem neighbourhood of Har Nof.[15] He remained an active public figure in political and religious life in his capacity as the spiritual leader of the Shas political party and through his regular weekly sermons, during which he regularly spoke out "against those he despised — rival politicians, gays and perceived enemies of Israel".[6] He was referred to as the Posek HaDor ("Posek of the present Generation"), Gadol HaDor ("great/est (one of) the generation"), Maor Yisrael ("The Light of Israel") and Maran.[citation needed]

MARAN is an honorific title -----which I believe is ARAMAIC He was born in Iraq.
Ovadia Josef expressed himself in FLAMBOYANT STYLE hyperbolic rhetoric
was his style-----it does tend to keep listeners awake

So? As do people here. Doesn't the religious Christian right express their views against gays, abortion, and political opponents.

Where do Jews go when they die? Do they have a heaven and hell?

They usually go in sewage :lol:
^^^^^^^^^^^

And then they wonder why there is such dislike for Muslims in the West.

Disgusting.

Mock not roudy-------nox and karla are considered ELEGANT LADIES
in masjids nationwide. If you can tolerate the stench of sweaty
sock and upturned ass-----you can visit a few and inquire

So? As do people here. Doesn't the religious Christian right express their views against gays, abortion, and political opponents.

I think this is the functional phrase...

"against those he despised..."

One may be opposed to homosexuality and the politics, but why despise them?

You are even dimmer than I had thought you are-------the fact that someone wrote
HE DESPISED because he spoke out against homosexuality-----is very slim
evidence as to what he thought of homosexuals. Your designation "functional
phrase" is silly. IF HE ADVOCATED EXECUTING anyone who ever engaged in
an homosexual act-----(as is done in Iran) ---then it would be logical to refer to
THAT IDEA as "hating homosexuals"--------i have no idea

:cuckoo:

They don't hang gays in Israel like they do in Islamic shitholes. In Israel gays have rights and hold parades.

Last edited:

WARNING ; GRAPHIC.

Normally I wouldn't post this but response to the above I think it's appropriate

Click here: NIGERIA: Charred Christian corpses line the roads after Muslims go wilding << Bare Naked Islam

Click here: THAILAND: Muslims behead a 9-year-old boy (WARNING: Graphic Images) << Bare Naked Islam

Click here: YouTube - 'Moderate' Muslim Indonesia: Stoning to Death for Adultery

Last edited:

WARNING ; GRAPHIC.

Normally I wouldn't post this but response to the above I think it's appropriate

Click here: NIGERIA: Charred Christian corpses line the roads after Muslims go wilding << Bare Naked Islam

Click here: THAILAND: Muslims behead a 9-year-old boy (WARNING: Graphic Images) << Bare Naked Islam

Click here: YouTube - 'Moderate' Muslim Indonesia: Stoning to Death for Adultery

I'm not sure you quite understand what "click here" means...

I have nothing against gays-----but ----I do have pierced ears----and sometimes
wear earrings------but I SIMPLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY ANY MAN WOULD---either
get'em pierced or wear the earrings I cannot sleep even with little dot things
in my lobes-------some men seem to keep even big ones stuck thru their earlobes
ALL THE TIME ------why do they TORTURE THEMSELVES?

I have small hands----I can handle those little ----things in the back of the earrings---
or the little wires etc etc -------but how a sleepy big clunky male does it---mystifies me

Which is important that things you condemn islam isnot a part of islam , things invented subsequently or things implemented since before islam . People's mistake doesnt make Islam bad . You cant see any real muslim while they defend bad behaviors .

But your rabbi just applies your religion and your ideology . And I see all jews support him . This mean you have the same feelings : ) So this world is for jews and others is just slaves : )

Sorry jews , bye :bye1: Flossssh !

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StmbrLfGC-8]American Standard Cadet Toilet -- Regular Flush -- Front - YouTube[/ame]

I have nothing against gays-----but ----I do have pierced ears----and sometimes
wear earrings------but I SIMPLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY ANY MAN WOULD---either
get'em pierced or wear the earrings I cannot sleep even with little dot things
in my lobes-------some men seem to keep even big ones stuck thru their earlobes
ALL THE TIME ------why do they TORTURE THEMSELVES?

I have small hands----I can handle those little ----things in the back of the earrings---
or the little wires etc etc -------but how a sleepy big clunky male does it---mystifies me

Crazy Glue?

Yosef also had regressive views on the role of women and gays in society. In 2007, angry that many Ashkenazi rabbis supported allowing women to say a blessing over Shabbat candles after they'd been lit, he said: "Women should make (stew) and not deal with matters of the Torah." He said that anyone disagree with him was the fault of "a few stupid women. A woman's knowledge is only in sewing."

As for gays and lesbians, he said they were "completely evil."

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, in his own words - CSMonitor.com

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu described Yosef as "a giant in Torah and Jewish law and a teacher for tens of thousands" whose rulings enhanced Jewish heritage yet also took into consideration modern times. "The Jewish people have lost one of the wisest men of this generation."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back