Israeli Iron Beam laser air defense system 'brings down mortars like flies' creator s

aris2chat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2012
zapping them like flies by a bug lamp? :clap2::clap2:

jpost.com/Defense/Israeli-Iron-Beam-laser-air-defense-brings-down-mortars-like-flies-creator-says-347282

A new air defense system being developed by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, which uses lasers to shoot down low altitude threats, is able to bring down "mortars like flies," Rafael's CEO told the Israel Defense website on Wednesday.

Vice Admiral (Ret.) Yedidia Yaari, former chief of the Israel Navy, said the Iron Beam system will be "very effective" once it becomes operational.

Israel Defense cited Yaari as saying that that Iron Beam successfully passed a feasibility test, and is currently in development stages.

Iron Beam fires lasers at mortar shells, and has proven a high rate of accuracy, Yaari said, describing the system as "highly impressive." It was first unveiled formally by state-owned Rafael during the Singapore Air Show last month.

The system is designed to deal with threats that fly on too small a trajectory to be engaged efficiently by Iron Dome anti-rocket batteries................

jpost.com/Defense/Israeli-Iron-Beam-laser-air-defense-brings-down-mortars-like-flies-creator-says-347282

A new air defense system being developed by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, which uses lasers to shoot down low altitude threats, is able to bring down "mortars like flies," Rafael's CEO told the Israel Defense website on Wednesday.

Vice Admiral (Ret.) Yedidia Yaari, former chief of the Israel Navy, said the Iron Beam system will be "very effective" once it becomes operational.

Israel Defense cited Yaari as saying that that Iron Beam successfully passed a feasibility test, and is currently in development stages.

Iron Beam fires lasers at mortar shells, and has proven a high rate of accuracy, Yaari said, describing the system as "highly impressive." It was first unveiled formally by state-owned Rafael during the Singapore Air Show last month.

The system is designed to deal with threats that fly on too small a trajectory to be engaged efficiently by Iron Dome anti-rocket batteries................

I really wish, Aris, that they could invent something that would make these mortars turn like a boomerang and go right back and explode on those who fired them. Maybe then that would put a stop to them.

Maybe they can tweak the system so that it (a) fries the mortar-shell, then (b) computes its reverse-trajectory and (c) rains fire down upon the heads of the mortar crew, within a second or two after firing.

The Israelis might be able to kill-off hundreds of Palestinian Hamas scum that way before they figure out what hit 'em.

A dead Hamas fighter is a good Hamas fighter.

Win-win.

Last edited:
Maybe they can tweak the system so that it (a) fries the mortar-shell, then (b) computes its reverse-trajectory and (c) rains fire down upon the heads of the mortar crew, within a second or two after firing.

The Israelis might be able to kill-off hundreds of Palestinian Hamas scum that way before they figure out what hit 'em.

Win-win.

Let's also include the Islamic Jihad scum who are involved in shooting off rockets into Israel. Don't forget that the Hamas scum wants the Islamic Jihad scum to also be part of the new Palestine government.

Win-win.

Let's also include the Islamic Jihad scum who are involved in shooting off rockets into Israel. Don't forget that the Hamas scum wants the Islamic Jihad scum to also be part of the new Palestine government.
Done.

Easier to target a big-ass rocket with a large heat-sig than to target an itty-bitty mortar-shell with hardly any heat-sig.

So, if they can crisp the mortar shells, they should be able to do the same for the rockets, even more easily.

Or so it seems to me, at first glance.

Looks like Reagan's Star Wars is finally here.

They stole that idea from the U.S.
The idea of shooting laser defense system is at old as lasers, and used in many science fiction movies. I remember playing a video arcade game 30 years ago, where missiles were shot down using lasers. Remember Missile Command?

A5200_Missile_Command.png

Last edited:
The idea of shooting laser defense system is at old as lasers, and used in many science fiction movies. I remember playing a video arcade game 30 years ago, where missiles were shot down using lasers. Remember Missile Command?

Don't play video game but I do remember it was very popular.

That was a fave of mine. :thup:

Whenever I made high score, I'd enter the initials "MAD" for Mutually Assured Destruction.

One time I got high score then noticed the others' initials for high score were CAT CUM SUK FUK

So there you had it... MAD CAT CUM SUK FUK. I laughed so hard the tears were streaming. :lol:

That was a fave of mine. :thup:

Whenever I made high score, I'd enter the initials "MAD" for Mutually Assured Destruction.

One time I got high score then noticed the others' initials for high score were CAT CUM SUK FUK

So there you had it... MAD CAT CUM SUK FUK. I laughed so hard the tears were streaming. :lol:
Yeah, that and the "Tempest" used to be my favorites. We'd smoke a doobie and spend hours on it. Remember that one.

tempest_c.jpg

txb04.png

Forum List

Back