"Israel" Faces Terrorists Settlers!

Freeman

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2009
Interesting article in New York Times.

Israel Faces New Brand of Terrorism, This Time From Young Settlers

MAALE SHLOMO OUTPOST, West Bank — To hear his father tell it, Mordechai Meyer, 18, a high school dropout, has spent the past few years camping out with his teenage friends in the rolling hills around Jewish outposts like this one in the northern West Bank. They want “to live simply, to build their own things and to commune with God,” said the father, Gedalia Meyer.

But Israel’s domestic security agency, Shin Bet, says the younger Mr. Meyer belongs to a Jewish terrorist network, some of whose members have been charged with grave crimes, including the July arson attack that killed a Palestinian toddler and his parents in the West Bank village of Duma. The two suspects in that case also spent time in these hills.

The existence of the network, known as the Revolt for the title of its manifesto, became known about six months ago, after the arrest of several suspected members. This latest manifestation of Jewish terrorism is the creation of young extremists rebelling against what they view as the inertia of the Israeli establishment, and it has fermented in lawless outposts like Baladim, a tiny encampment outside Maale Shlomo, and Geulat Zion to the north.

Shin Bet says the group poses a continuing danger of violence, and the authorities have gone after it using extraordinary methods that were previously reserved for Palestinians accused of terrorism. Suspects have been imprisoned without charge under administrative detention orders, and have been denied meetings with lawyers for as long as three weeks.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/w...nts-new-brand-of-jewish-terror-in-israel.html
An%20armed%20illegal%20Israeli%20settler%20terrorizing%20Palestinians%20in%20the%20West%20Bank,%20file,%20June%2025,%202014%20pic.jpg

Settlers.jpg

I urge all my friends to take the high road and act within the confines of the law. Its disheartening to realize not everyone is capable of doing this.

But the problems are manyfold. For one I myself spend months out of the year camping out in the back country of yellowstone. So I can understand completely the urge to get out into the wilds. In those wilds depending on where you are one faces a variety of dangers. The dangers young Jewish people face out enjoying the wilderness of their homelands are very different. Facing those dangers might just land them on being questioned by the powers that be.

I wish them the best and hope all remain safe in difficult times.

I think anything that makes any Jews look bad is anti Semitic, so should be illegal in case someone claims jews don't have the right to murder at will because there was once holocaust when Jews pissed of the Germans.

Yikes, always with the spin.

These kids are just defending themselves. The Arab Muslims have proven that they have no respect for life, so what are these kids to do but pick up arms and defend themselves from all these knife attacks.

It appears that Israel is doing the right thing -- keeping a close watch on them, arresting and detaining them as necessary, preventing them from having contact with those they might harm. Good for Israel.

It also appears that it is a small group and their actions are in no way condoned or supported by their parents or their communities. Good for the Jewish people.

I think anything that makes any Jews look bad is anti Semitic, so should be illegal in case someone claims jews don't have the right to murder at will because there was once holocaust when Jews pissed of the Germans.

You converted to Islam. 'Nuff said.

Forum List

Back