Isn't this hypocritical?

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
How can Israel be complaining about Iran having nukes?....

Nov. 27, 2013

Israeli-born movie producer Arnon Milchan has shared fresh details about his apparent history as a real-world intelligence agent who helped gather nuclear secrets for his country, Haaretz reported on Tuesday.

Milchan -- who has produced box-office hits including "Pretty Woman," "Fight Club" and "L.A. Confidential" -- gave the Israeli news program "Uvda" his first on-air interview about his work for the nation's now-defunct Scientific Relations Bureau.

His service to the agency reportedly involved gathering sensitive information that aided in Israel's construction of the Dimona nuclear facility in the 1970s and 1980s. The site has been described as a key component in Israeli nuclear-arms activities, though the nation neither confirms nor denies holding an atomic arsenal. Israel today is estimated to have upwards of 80 atomic warheads.

In a segment aired on Monday, Milchan recalled once persuading a German technician to leave at home a confidential atomic-site blueprint, which was then copied by an operative while the engineer and his wife went out to dinner.

In the 1980s, the FBI investigated the unlicensed transfer of atomic components called "nuclear triggers" to Israel by a business overseen by Milchan.

The producer -- now a 69-year-old with billions of dollars to his name -- was reportedly working with U.S. actor Robert De Niro on a film at the time. De Niro apparently learned of the investigation in the course of their collaboration, and later recalled asking Milchan about what he was working on, namely "the little things that trigger a nuclear thing."
Hollywood Movie Producer Claims History as Israeli Nuclear Spy | Global Security Newswire | NTI

...and why hasn't the U.S. brought him up on espionage charges?

Is it really that difficult to understand why a nation might have a problem with another nation obtaining nuclear weapons when their official foreign policy is to exterminate your nation?

Isn't this hypocritical? Show us where Israel has said Iran has no right to exist and will take it out if given a chance.

No one is worried about Israel using nukes willy nilly. Iran on the other hand... EVERYONE is afraid of them getting nukes.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Is it really that difficult to understand why a nation might have a problem with another nation obtaining nuclear weapons when their official foreign policy is to exterminate your nation?
Your lame justification is as false as your religion. The Jews stole that land all the way back to when God "supposedly" told them to go kill the inhabitants and steal it. And all the problems of that region come from them stealing that land yet again. It was the U.S. that tried to destroy both Iran and Iraq in the Iran/Iraq war, by selling weapons to both sides. And both Israel and the U.S. continue to try destroying Iran with sanctions. The U.S. is the only asshole to ever use nuclear bombs. Iran could never have enough bombs to prevent their total annihilation if they ever tried to use one. And if by some miracle, they dropped one on Israel, it sure would destroy your theory of the temple being rebuilt so the antichrist could take over. Your whole ideology is futile.

I didn't realize I was giving a justification. Quite frankly, I don't think it needs one. You asked a question. I answered it. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't make it any less valid or true.

I don't care to pretend everyone is innocent as the pure driven snow. But I am also not going to pretend as though it's not obvious why a nation might object to another nation obtaining weapons of mass destruction when their foreign policy is to wipe you off the map. It's obvious why they would have a problem with it.

Just as it would be obvious why you would have a problem with me if I told you I wanted to kill you and set up a sniper rifle in an area with a clear shot of your bedroom window. I don't think it would be hypocritical if you were gun lover.

Of course, i'd be pretty stupid to set up said rifle. Much like Iran is foolish for getting these weapons. But I think Syria might be the one suffering most for them getting Nukes. I could be wrong. It's just a feeling.

Forum List

Back