Isn't this a "hate crime"?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
The father of the teen who was brutally beaten in West Seattle last week is outraged by the investigators' release of two men suspected in the case.

Detectives said they collected DNA samples from two men they found roaming the streets in the minutes after the beating of 16-year-old Shane McClellan. They swabbed blood that'd dried on the men's hands to compare the samples with the DNA samples found at the crime scene, detectives said.

The attackers took the teen's "Memorex touch screen MP3 player, $27 and change, his black puffy coat and his belt," according to investigators.

McClellan said his attackers then dragged him to an area where 14th Avenue Southwest dead-ends just south of Southwest Holden Street and continued to beat him for hours, until approximately 6:15 a.m. when they finally left, the document said.

"They continued to beat him with their fist and feet," "whipped him with his own belt and burned him with lit cigarettes," and "poured energy beer on him" and "urinated on him," McClellan told detectives.

Throughout the assault, the two men made claims like "the white man has kept us down," "how do you like it, white boy," and "this is for enslaving our people."

The two men took turns switching between beating him and taking smoke breaks, McClellan said, and when he made any noise, one of the men "brandished a folding knife toward him and threatened to 'slit his throat if he kept screaming,'" according to the statement. The pair also threatened to kill him several times, McClellan said.

Seattle police have referred the case to its bias crimes unit to determine whether it qualifies as a hate crime. Anyone with information on the case is urged to contact police immediately.

Dad mad suspects with 'my son's blood on their hands' released

The police let them go pending DNA analysis. Predictions?

"Hate crimes" are only for whites.

Blacks can do this shit all day long, and they get a phone call of congratulations from the ****** President. Did someone say America was a fucked-up country? What a racist thing to say!

Aren't all crimes hate crimes? I mean has ANYONE ever committed a crime out of love?

The father of the teen who was brutally beaten in West Seattle last week is outraged by the investigators' release of two men suspected in the case.

Detectives said they collected DNA samples from two men they found roaming the streets in the minutes after the beating of 16-year-old Shane McClellan. They swabbed blood that'd dried on the men's hands to compare the samples with the DNA samples found at the crime scene, detectives said.

The attackers took the teen's "Memorex touch screen MP3 player, $27 and change, his black puffy coat and his belt," according to investigators.

McClellan said his attackers then dragged him to an area where 14th Avenue Southwest dead-ends just south of Southwest Holden Street and continued to beat him for hours, until approximately 6:15 a.m. when they finally left, the document said.

"They continued to beat him with their fist and feet," "whipped him with his own belt and burned him with lit cigarettes," and "poured energy beer on him" and "urinated on him," McClellan told detectives.

Throughout the assault, the two men made claims like "the white man has kept us down," "how do you like it, white boy," and "this is for enslaving our people."

The two men took turns switching between beating him and taking smoke breaks, McClellan said, and when he made any noise, one of the men "brandished a folding knife toward him and threatened to 'slit his throat if he kept screaming,'" according to the statement. The pair also threatened to kill him several times, McClellan said.

Seattle police have referred the case to its bias crimes unit to determine whether it qualifies as a hate crime. Anyone with information on the case is urged to contact police immediately.

Yes it is! If they attacked him for being white, it is a hate crime.

And are you sure that didn't happen in Tacoma? :D

Hate crime laws are all bad because they criminalize thought.

It's not the thought that's a crime, it's the violent action with bigoted words.

I understand the reasoning, but disagree with hate crimes. Like I said, what crime isn't hateful? And when it appears as if the laws are only applied when whites commit crimes against minorities, it's almost as if the state is saying white freedoms aren't as important as minorities.

Honestly, when some idiot does something like this, I don't care what his reasons are, throw his ass in jail

Hate crime laws are all bad because they criminalize thought.

So you think that someone who rear ends someone accidentally and ends up killing someone should receive the same punishment as someone who shoots someone in the face?

After all, the only difference is "thought".

Aren't all crimes hate crimes? I mean has ANYONE ever committed a crime out of love?

People steal for their loved ones all the time.

But they didn't love their victims. Hell I've heard stories about people who claim they killed someone because they loved them. Strange way of showing it.

if found guilty these 2 should be either jailed for life
or executed.

they are animals and are unfit to live in a free society.

But they didn't love their victims. Hell I've heard stories about people who claim they killed someone because they loved them. Strange way of showing it.

Indeed, but they didn't necessarily hate them either. They generally don't. They aren't stealing out of hate, they are stealing out of desire.

Indeed, but they didn't necessarily hate them either. They generally don't. They aren't stealing out of hate, they are stealing out of desire.

desire leads to jealousy, jealousy leads to hate, hate leads to the darkside......

Hate crime doesn't only affect the individual victim. Hate crime is a clear message to the group that the individual victim is a member of that 'your kind' is not welcome.

Hate Crimes must be proved as such in a court of law... However, from the story....sounds like this will be proved. Let us hope that they either have the right guys and will re-arrest them, or they will catch the right guys.

Blacks can do this shit all day long, and they get a phone call of congratulations from the ****** President. Did someone say America was a fucked-up country? What a racist thing to say!

What ****** President? I didn't know we had one? America is not fucked up it's the ppl who live in it, like you for instance! I for one agree that those Black guys treating that young White man like that need to be thrown under the jail and never see the light of day! And to say he should pay for what happened to their ancestors? GMAFB!! Their ancestors are rolling in their graves that they ever helped create such vile creatures such as them!! You are so anti-Black you fail to realize that when Black folks see, hear and read this kind of stuff they do not holler HURRAY!! They say, "That's why White folks think all of us are like that"! Black ppl are ashamed and mortified when other Blacks committ these kinds of crimes and if some other black ppl had happened upon that scene you better believe that White boy would have been saved and those Black guys would have gotten their asses kicked AND taken to jail!! You think you know Blacks, but you don't know a damn thing. Would other White ppl have stopped and helped him? Be honest now? BTW, how have you been doing...missed you!!

Last edited:

What ****** President? I didn't know we had one? America is not fucked up it's the ppl who live in it, like you for instance! I for one agree that those Black guys treating that young White man like that need to be thrown under the jail and never see the light of day! And to say he should pay for what happened to their ancestors? GMAFB!! Their ancestors are rolling in their graves that they ever helped create such vile creatures such as them!! You are so anti-Black you fail to realize that when Black folks see, hear and read this kind of stuff they do not holler HURRAY!! They say, "That's why White folks think all of us are like that"! Black ppl are ashamed and mortified when other Blacks committ these kinds of crimes and if some other black ppl had happened upon that scene you better believe that White boy would have been saved and those Black guys would have gotten their asses kicked AND taken to jail!! You think you know Blacks, but you don't know a damn thing. Would other White ppl have stopped and helped him? Be honest now? BTW, how have you been doing...missed you!!

Interesting that you first lay the claim that ALL black people are against this type of action (which in itself is obviously not true or else it wouldn't have happened) then you turn right around lay claim that no white person would have stopped this from happening.

"White" certainly does not corner the market on racist idiots who cheer on such stupidity, likewise not all white people are advocating going around beating up minorities.

Oh PS I'm a white male and if I happened on this scene I would have jumped in regardless of the skin color of anyone involved because I don't like bullies no matter who their victims are.

Forum List

Back