Is Utah turning into Saudi Arabia?

you're easily frightened.

massachusetts outlawed happy hour in 1984 under the well known jihadist m. stanley dukakis.

somehow, some way, through sheer grit, determination, and a bred in the bones love of liberty, we still managed to get shitfaced.

true story

:lol:

Why are states "outlawing" happy hour? are women getting butt naked and fucking in public and bar tenders selling cocaine during happy hour? I thought happy hour was just about drink specials?

the thinking was that it encourages people to drink more than they normally would and leads to the ensuing drunk driving deaths, mayhem, etc.

Why are states "outlawing" happy hour? are women getting butt naked and fucking in public and bar tenders selling cocaine during happy hour? I thought happy hour was just about drink specials?

the thinking was that it encourages people to drink more than they normally would and leads to the ensuing drunk driving deaths, mayhem, etc.

Hmmm that sucks, I'll just have my own happy hour at home.:(

And that never works. Ever. Folks will use EtOH, regardless.

Hmmm that sucks, I'll just have my own happy hour at home.:(

are you in utah?

OK, Utah is exactly like Saudi. They do have the camels.

At Camelot Adventure Lodge, on the Colorado River 18 miles from Moab, Utah, five golden-brown camels employed as ships of the desert draw "camel groupies," said Marcee Moore, who owns the lodge with her husband, Terry. Some of these people come back year after year to ride a specific camel — Bill, perhaps, with his regal attitude and stature, or Clyde, with his thick, curly coat and easygoing nature. Often, the camel fans have also traveled to Morocco or Egypt, riding camels wherever they could. (Camel lovers also find one another — and items like Egyptian camel saddles, olive-wood camel figurines and rosemary mint camel milk soap — online at AllCamels.com - The Comprehensive Camel Resource Site!.)

Novice riders who sign up for rides at Camelot Adventure are likely to get some camel proselytizing (as well as lessons on camel anatomy, folklore, moods and diet) from Mr. Moore along with their rides around Canyonlands National Park. "Being up there on top of the world — with the exception of riding an elephant, there is not anything like it that you can ride," he said on a mid-November trip.

There are 3,000 camels in the United States, according to allcamels.com, far fewer than the numbers of horses or donkeys or even llamas, the camels' distant relatives. Opportunities to ride one in a desert remain rare. Most American camels are on ranches or in zoos or animal parks.

OK, Utah is exactly like Saudi. They do have the camels.

At Camelot Adventure Lodge, on the Colorado River 18 miles from Moab, Utah, five golden-brown camels employed as ships of the desert draw "camel groupies," said Marcee Moore, who owns the lodge with her husband, Terry. Some of these people come back year after year to ride a specific camel — Bill, perhaps, with his regal attitude and stature, or Clyde, with his thick, curly coat and easygoing nature. Often, the camel fans have also traveled to Morocco or Egypt, riding camels wherever they could. (Camel lovers also find one another — and items like Egyptian camel saddles, olive-wood camel figurines and rosemary mint camel milk soap — online at AllCamels.com - The Comprehensive Camel Resource Site!.)

Novice riders who sign up for rides at Camelot Adventure are likely to get some camel proselytizing (as well as lessons on camel anatomy, folklore, moods and diet) from Mr. Moore along with their rides around Canyonlands National Park. "Being up there on top of the world — with the exception of riding an elephant, there is not anything like it that you can ride," he said on a mid-November trip.

There are 3,000 camels in the United States, according to allcamels.com, far fewer than the numbers of horses or donkeys or even llamas, the camels' distant relatives. Opportunities to ride one in a desert remain rare. Most American camels are on ranches or in zoos or animal parks.

They don't have burkas though, right? and will I get arrested for having pre-marital sex there?

Many counties in KY are dry and no alcohol is allowed to be sold.
None is sold on sunday anywhere except in restaurants.
And we do not have state liquer stores.
We do have the bible belt and their opression of freedoms though.

Jesus Christ.:eek: I just do not get religious people, if you want to not drink fine, but why do they have to take it away from everyone else?

Jesus Christ.:eek: I just do not get religious people, if you want to not drink fine, but why do they have to take it away from everyone else?

People that do not live in the bible belt do not understand how opressive religion is in parts of America.

People that do not live in the bible belt do not understand how opressive religion is in parts of America.

I agree, this sounds entirely too much like Saudi Arabia to me.

Turning?

Utah is one scary place.

Utah is a beautiful place...and certainly not the first to have strict liquor regulations. And Mormons are well educated, urbane people. Did you know that devout Mormons are encouraged to participate in a 2-year mission before they marry? That puts them leaps and bounds ahead of you in terms of urbanity and worldliness, and certainly far, far ahead of you in terms of philanthropy.

There are many places in the US that are dry, but you wouldn't know that, you elitist prick. Everything you need to know you get from Maher. I'm sick of bigots proclaiming their "fear" of people they know nothing about, and poking fun at locales they have no knowledge of.

The upside is that so long as you're scared, they don't have to worry about you dragging your sorry carcass there where they'd have to foot the bill to feed you, and deal with your panhandling at the temple.

You do know there are dry counties sprinkled across the US, right?????

Please say you knew this.

And I think most Indian reservations are dry as well...are Indian reservations a scary place for Sallow, I wonder?

He'll say no, and further prove his idiocy, lol....

400px-USA_Dry_Map.png

Map showing dry, wet, and mixed counties in the United States. (See List of dry communities by U.S. state.)

You do know there are dry counties sprinkled across the US, right?????

Please say you knew this.

And I think most Indian reservations are dry as well...are Indian reservations a scary place for Sallow, I wonder?

He'll say no, and further prove his idiocy, lol....

I knew we had dry countries but I didn't know how many there actually were.

"The 1933 appeal of prohibition did not apply to native americans. They continued under prohibition laws until 1953, when President Dwight D. Eisenhower Indian prohibition was repealed country-wide. Indian reservations, however, remained dry unless they opted to permit the possession and sale of alcohol on the reservation."
Alcohol Prohibition timeline -Native American Indian Tribes - Over 2,000 articles on native american indians, their culture & traditions.

Those Injuns is SCCCAAAAARRRRYYYYYYY. Better stay off the rez!

On another token, a friend of mine said the women in Utah were stunningly beautiful, he said he was surprised they had such good looking ladies there, can anyone verify this?

Forum List

Back