Is this racist?

The Black and White minstrel show is alive and well:usa: God bless America.

The Black and White minstrel show is alive and well God bless America.

Well, of course it was going to become an American/British thing eventually. Because America invented prejudism, duh!

But, obviously, American textbooks leave out the chapters about how the first settlers in America were crying their eyes out when they left England, since it was a magical place, in which all races and religions were accepted as equals, and the government's generosity was met in turn by that of the kind unicorns that lived in the fantastical forests.

Do I really need to explain the difference between the picture I posted and a minstrel show? Can't I just let you play with my keys for a while or something?

roomy said:
The Black and White minstrel show is alive and well:usa: God bless America.

Lighten up Roomy.

How did you get so many rep points if everybody here hates you.

You know I love you, Honey.

GotZoom said:
No more racist than this:

0db1831ebfd1ae3a6c2782b6e3b1e084.jpg

Sony said today it has pulled a Dutch billboard advertising campaign for the new white version of its PlayStation Portable video game player and apologised to anyone offended by ad, which critics dubbed racist.

A billboard ad in the campaign - which Sony said was launched in the first week of June and created locally and exclusively for the Dutch market - portrayed a white woman aggressively grabbing the face of a black woman and read "PlayStation Portable White is Coming."

Sony said in a statement that the Netherlands campaign intended to highlight the colour contrast between the existing black PSP and the new ceramic white PSP.

"We recognise that the subject matter of one specific image may have caused concern in some countries not directly affected by the advertising. As a result, we have now withdrawn the campaign," said the company, which also apologised to those offended by the ad.

"I am pleased to see Sony taking responsibility for their racially charged ad and appropriately pulling it from the marketplace," said California Assemblyman Leland Yee who, along with the National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People (NAACP) and a youth civil rights education project called Sojourn to the Past, had condemned Sony's use of the ad.

Yee is a critic of violent video games and has spearheaded legislation aimed at keeping excessively violent and sexually explicit games out of the hands of minors.

Late last year, Sony sparked controversy in the United States with spray-painted PSP ads that looked like urban graffiti. The stealth campaign featured dazed-looking kids doing a variety of things with their PSPs, from riding them like skateboards to licking them like lollipops.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3729495a28,00.html

I couldn't quite figure out how this was racist. There were 3 different billboards for the new game, one of which had the black girl on top of the white girl in a threatening position. Of course the only one being shown is the one you posted.

Here's a link that shows the other billboards.

http://gadgets.elliottback.com/2006/07/06/sonys-racist-psp-advertising/

nt250 said:
Lighten up Roomy.

How did you get so many rep points if everybody here hates you.

You know I love you, Honey.
shame on you NT250, you know me better than that.
I never said everyone hates me nt250, Dan the racist man said it, or was it that french girl Said:huh: I forget.I believe most here love me, infact I would bet pounds on it.I can count on 4 fingers the ponces who don't like me here, and I love it, it makes it interesting.They only dislike me because of my superior intellect and debating skills.

Have you read Dans reasons for his and Americas:blsmile: racism?He blames England :soul: what a stupid twat he has turned out to be.Having said that , he is pretty good with movies.Hello Dan.:blsmile:

Trigg said:
I couldn't quite figure out how this was racist. There were 3 different billboards for the new game, one of which had the black girl on top of the white girl in a threatening position. Of course the only one being shown is the one you posted.

Here's a link that shows the other billboards.

http://gadgets.elliottback.com/2006/07/06/sonys-racist-psp-advertising/

I have seen the other two. But this one is the one that people became upset about. Interesting that out of the three, this one is the only one that the "white" agression is clearly demonstrated. The other two (below) show either "black" agression (which of course isn't racist) or kind of both "agressive" - the one in my original post is the only one that upset people of the black culture.
sony%20ad2.jpg

sony%20ad3.jpg

roomy said:
I believe most here love me, infact I would bet pounds on it.I can count on 4 fingers the ponces who don't like me here, and I love it, it makes it interesting.They only dislike me because of my superior intellect and debating skills.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I like the drunken ramblings but that's far from "superior intellect and debating skills"

Hagbard Celine said:
I think it would have been better if the black chicks were yellow, the yellow chick was black and he called the rest of them "Quackers.":eek:

I agree. :thup:

Of course I'd use duckings instead of chicks. 'Twood make more sense that way.

;)

JOKER96BRAVO said:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I like the drunken ramblings but that's far from "superior intellect and debating skills"

My drunken ramblings are philosophical gems in comparison to the (so called) sober postings of many here.You are excluded from the previous btw Joker:thewave:

roomy said:
shame on you NT250, you know me better than that.
I never said everyone hates me nt250, Dan the racist man said it, or was it that french girl Said:huh: I forget.I believe most here love me, infact I would bet pounds on it.I can count on 4 fingers the ponces who don't like me here, and I love it, it makes it interesting.They only dislike me because of my superior intellect and debating skills.

Have you read Dans reasons for his and Americas:blsmile: racism?He blames England :soul: what a stupid twat he has turned out to be.Having said that , he is pretty good with movies.Hello Dan.:blsmile:

Puuullleeeeeaaaaassssee, the only frog here is toi. Vive le France libre, eh?

We know you march to that tune.

Said1 said:

Puuullleeeeeaaaaassssee, the only frog here is toi. Vive le France libre, eh?

We know you march to that tune.

Sorry, I thought you were French/Canadian:dunno: where did i get that idea from? I wonder.

roomy said:
Sorry, I thought you were French/Canadian:dunno: where did i get that idea from? I wonder.

I don't know. However, I can assure you I wouldn't even joke about it. That's worse than any photo anyone could ever post. The only thing worse than being french is being called french.

roomy said:

Roomy, I like you ok, but all this drama is starting to seem just a little unmanly. How about some content. What's your position on israel? Missionary, doggy, other?

roomy said:

Hello Roomy. :suck:

I don't dislike you, and I doubt most people on the board do, that was a joke. Serious question: are you black? Because then I could maybe sort of understand why you would be offended. I wouldn't agree with it, but I could understand.

I'm not a racist. To me, the icons you used in your post are just as racist as the picture I posted, which is to say, not at all. I don't subscribe to the hide-your-head-in-the-sand method of dealing with social issues in our world today. The n-word exists and always will, and by reacting the way you do, all you're doing is reinforcing what an important and powerful word it is, when, really, it's just a word. The joke wasn't that the duck was saying the n-word, or that the message in the picture is so important to me, the joke was that CharlestonChad (welcome to the board, BTW, Chad) posted something that was not racist in any way and said "is this racist?", so I went out and found the most ridiculously blatant racist thing I could find and asked if that was.

I don't know, apparently my sense of humor is a lot more liberal than yours. Are you offended by Chappelle's Show? What about Reno 911? Both of those shows have used the n-word.

Dan said:
Hello Roomy. :suck:

I don't dislike you, and I doubt most people on the board do, that was a joke. Serious question: are you black? Because then I could maybe sort of understand why you would be offended. I wouldn't agree with it, but I could understand.

I'm not a racist. To me, the icons you used in your post are just as racist as the picture I posted, which is to say, not at all. I don't subscribe to the hide-your-head-in-the-sand method of dealing with social issues in our world today. The n-word exists and always will, and by reacting the way you do, all you're doing is reinforcing what an important and powerful word it is, when, really, it's just a word. The joke wasn't that the duck was saying the n-word, or that the message in the picture is so important to me, the joke was that CharlestonChad (welcome to the board, BTW, Chad) posted something that was not racist in any way and said "is this racist?", so I went out and found the most ridiculously blatant racist thing I could find and asked if that was.

I don't know, apparently my sense of humor is a lot more liberal than yours. Are you offended by Chappelle's Show? What about Reno 911? Both of those shows have used the n-word.

Don't get all serious with me Dan,Iwas taking the piss son,I think my humour is a bit hit'n miss.As an Englishman, I get irony.;)

Said1 said:
I don't know. However, I can assure you I wouldn't even joke about it. That's worse than any photo anyone could ever post. The only thing worse than being french is being called french.

Sorry Frenchie.:kiss2:

Forum List

Back