Is there really anyone here that couldn't keep their doctor or their plan,

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
With the ACA, and if so why not , did you chose not to or what was the reason ??

Most had no insurance so they were happy to have a plan and family doctor. Many plans changed as they had to meet the minimum requirements of the ACA, (if not they didn't offer their plan on the Marketplace) and if your doctor belonged to one , and chose not to accept any other plans on the ACA, you should of said good riddance and found a new and better doctor.

The Cadillac plan tax which comes into effect in 2020 now and the employers mandate is what the Republicans really hate , They love the Cadillac plans that we subsidized for them, and for all state and Federal employees.

The endless rumble of "you can keep your plan and your doctor" is not a lie, as most have employers sponsored healthcare. So when the Pubs endlessly tell you this, its mainly "false".

Also the mandate for workers with 50 full time employers need to offer health insurance share plans, so most just don't have 50 full time employees anymore and you need to get on the ACA, and well your old employer plan is not offered. Not Pres. Obama's fault your employer chose to cut your hours.

and if your doctor belonged to one , and chose not to accept any other plans on the ACAyou should of said good riddance and found a new and better doctor.
why?.....if he was my doctor and i thought he was good what do i care if he did not want any other plans?...

With the ACA, and if so why not , did you chose not to or what was the reason ??

Most had no insurance so they were happy to have a plan and family doctor. Many plans changed as they had to meet the minimum requirements of the ACA, (if not they didn't offer their plan on the Marketplace) and if your doctor belonged to one , and chose not to accept any other plans on the ACA, you should of said good riddance and found a new and better doctor.

The Cadillac plan tax which comes into effect in 2020 now and the employers mandate is what the Republicans really hate , They love the Cadillac plans that we subsidized for them, and for all state and Federal employees.

The endless rumble of "you can keep your plan and your doctor" is not a lie, as most have employers sponsored healthcare. So when the Pubs endlessly tell you this, its mainly "false".

Also the mandate for workers with 50 full time employers need to offer health insurance share plans, so most just don't have 50 full time employees anymore and you need to get on the ACA, and well your old employer plan is not offered. Not Pres. Obama's fault your employer chose to cut your hours.

Dear Penelope
I heard from some friends that doctors they knew of were closing their private practice
because of complications with the insurance changes.

So those doctors are no longer available for those patients.

BTW your attitude that people should just get another doctor
makes me think about abortion regulations and people having
to go outside their state to access services.

If you don't think that is fair for OTHER PEOPLE to change policies
that affect OTHER PEOPLE WHO DON'T CONSENT,
then why it is okay for you to support govt dictating and regulating
free choice in health care WITHOUT CONSENT of ALL the citizens AFFECTED?

Do you like it when right to life advocate change rules
instead of giving a say to people who believe in right to choose?

Shouldn't THOSE people have EQUAL SAY in public policies that affect them EQUALLY?
Why protest the imposition of regulations in one case and not the other?

Why can't BOTH groups fund and form their OWN POLICIES they AGREE to be under
AND LEAVE THE OTHER ALONE!

Why can't people who BELIEVE in right to health care through govt
manage the programs directly, and leave out the people who believe
in right to life who are free to fund and manage their OWN programs.

Who said all these people have to be under the same policy?

We have different religions with their own schools and networks
that aren't all under one religion. Why can't people of different beliefs
develop their OWN programs similar to how religious organizations are independent of each other?

and if your doctor belonged to one , and chose not to accept any other plans on the ACAyou should of said good riddance and found a new and better doctor.
why?.....if he was my doctor and i thought he was good what do i care if he did not want any other plans?...

Then go where your doctor is, and you get to keep him, that was your choice. Obama didn't do that , not the ACA, the insurance company and or your doctor did.

Dear Penelope
I heard from some friends that doctors they knew of were closing their private practice

Shouldn't THOSE people have EQUAL SAY in public policies that affect them EQUALLY?

develop their OWN programs similar to how religious organizations are independent of each other?

Since you do preacher healing , you have a choice of many. Talking to you about the ACA and health insurance is senseless. Insurance only works with a mandate.

I kept my Dr. of course I dont use barrycare sooo.....
The price however did skyrocket.

You are not on the ACA, and your price skyrocked, did you keep your doctor and plan. That was your decision.

Just as I thought so few here are even on the ACA and those who are just happy to have a family doctor. My husbands doctor retired, and mine will in a couple years and I will miss him, but then again, he can move , die or retire tomorrow.

Changes in plans happen all the time, not just since the ACA.

So when the Pubs spout these talking points and fox news, they have very little to data to go by, just talking points.

Everything changes in life, everyday, get use to it.

Dear Penelope

Since you do preacher healing , you have a choice of many. Talking to you about the ACA and health insurance is senseless. Insurance only works with a mandate.

Quit insulting me for YOUR ignorance about how spiritual healing works Penelope.
The church and personal responsibility for health is IN ADDITION to medical and mental professional help where ALL are necessary:
* spiritual healing for the SPIRIT
* mental healing for the MIND
* physical and medical healing for the BODY
ALL THREE LEVELS ARE ***EQUALLY NECESSARY*** TO HEAL THE WHOLE PERSON.
NONE OF THESE THREE REPLACE OR NEGATE THE OTHER LEVELS.

Penelope is something wrong with you?
1. Why do you INSIST on remaining Willfully Ignorant that ALL THREE of these
work together and complement each other to heal ALL THREE levels: body mind and spirit?
2. And WHY are you blaming ME because of what YOU believe which is INCORRECT?
I've tried to clarify an correct this, and YOU KEEP BLAMING ME FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE.
How is that MY problem, if YOU keep saying it wrong???
Are you TRYING to make me crazy, or are YOU the one who is crazy?

Just because YOU "assume" healing for the spirit "replaces"
treatment for the MIND and BODY that are THREE DISTINCT LEVELS
doesn't mean that YOUR IGNORANCE has anything to do with what I've been saying.

Quit insulting me.

That's like saying if someone is a professional artist,
that means they "reject science"?

Arts are different from sciences but BOTH are departments in universities and education!

Quit making these things opposites as if they negate each other!

Are you insane?
You keep repeating this.
Are you trying to insult me?
Why do you keep projecting your ignorance
and saying I'm doing this. YOU are saying it
and I have tried to correct you OVER and OVER.

Penelope you are as INSULTING
as blaming a Muslim for Jihad terrorism!
Assuming all Muslims are teaching terrorism
when in fact that violence VIOLATES the true teachings of Muslims who obey the laws.

Well whatever YOU are saying about rejecting science and medicine
VIOLATES the principles in spiritual healing that is natural and includes ALL LEVELS and METHODS available for treatment.

You make me feel like the poor Muslim who keeps explaining
OVER and OVER:
"NO I DON'T BELIEVE IN JIHADIST TERRORISM THAT VIOLATES MY MUSLIM BELIEFS."
But YOU keep responding, over and over,
"NO SINCE YOU ARE MUSLIM, YOU **MUST** BELIEVE IN JIHAD TERRORISM"
and refusing to believe or listen to the person saying
NO THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN THAT AND IT VIOLATES OUR BELIEFS.

WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE A ***DISTINCTION** BETWEEN
1. WHAT ***YOU*** BELIEVE SPIRITUAL HEALING MEANS (which isn't correct)
2. WHAT ****I'M*** SAYING IT MEANS
(which INCLUDES AND DOES **NOT** reject science OR medicine
as **YOU keep repeating** not me, while I keep trying to correct you OVER and OVER.
WHY ARE YOU BLAMING ME FOR WHAT YOU KEEP REPEATING THAT IS WRONG??)

Just like people who can't make a distinction between
1. violent Jihadist terrorism VIOLATING both religious and government laws
2. peaceful Muslim faith and followers OBEYING AND RESPECTING laws of
BOTH church and state, INCLUDING ALL, BOTH THE BIBLE AND THE CIVIL LAWS.

HOW IS IT THE FAULT OF THE PERSON YOU ARE INSULTING IF >>>>***YOU***<<<< CAN'T GET YOUR HEAD STRAIGHT THESE ARE ***NOT THE SAME THING*** AS ****YOU**** BELIEVE (NOT ME -- I ****NEVER*** SAID OR BELIEVE THE THINGS THAT YOU BELIEVE AND KEEP REPEATING!)

Penelope if you are trying to tell me
"F U" then just come out say it, because that's how insulting this is!!!

If I compare it to blaming Muslims by >>>>YOU<<< assuming they are all Jihad terrorists,
would that convey how INSULTING and IGNORANT >>>>YOU<<<< sound?

????
What is going wrong here Penelope?
How can we fix this???

Last edited:
Just as I thought so few here are even on the ACA and those who are just happy to have a family doctor. My husbands doctor retired, and mine will in a couple years and I will miss him, but then again, he can move , die or retire tomorrow.

Changes in plans happen all the time, not just since the ACA.

So when the Pubs spout these talking points and fox news, they have very little to data to go by, just talking points.

Everything changes in life, everyday, get use to it.

Dear Penelope that's fine but people should have a FREE CHOICE
in these changes.

Just like any other business contract.

If you are going to change the terms of the contract,
then ALL PARTIES affected by the contract NEGOTIATE and settle on the new terms.

And if they don't agree, they take their business elsewhere!

Penelope Would you agree to changing a car contract,
if you already signed up to pay a fixed amount each month.
And suddenly the company financing the loan says
* sorry we're reorganizing our business
AND WE'RE PASSING THE COSTS TO YOU
* since you bought a bigger car we're going to charge you
an additional tax BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT TO ABSORB THE COST
OF REORGANIZING BUT WANT TO MAKE OUR CUSTOMERS PAY
* or you can switch to a smaller car

What if you use the SUV to drive 5 children to school and run a car pool
for 12 more? And the smaller car won't work?

What if you want to keep the bigger car?
Would you REALLY say well, too bad go switch to the smaller car.

Most companies to stay in business absorb the cost.
Most companies if they are caught doing this, LOSE CUSTOMERS.
People get a DIFFERENT company to take over the contract
and BOYCOTT the company that tried to "screw them over."

That's normal market forces, and that's why companies have
to uphold contracts and agreements with customers or they lose them.

Now, Penelope if YOU like this company SO MUCH
YOU DON'T MIND CHANGING THE CONTRACT AND ABSORBING THE COST
BECAUSE THE COMPANY DOESN'T WANT TO PAY BUT MAKE YOU PAY INSTEAD
** FINE **
YOU HAVE THAT CHOICE AS THE CONSUMER.
Many consumers have loyalty to brands or companies and don't mind changes.

BUT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DICTATE TO OTHER CONSUMERS.
Each one has EQUAL RIGHTS AS YOU DO TO CHOOSE WHETHER
TO STAY OR TO CHANGE THE CONTRACTS OR COMPANY.

So you FORCING changes in contracts on people without giving equal choice
is VIOLATING EQUAL RIGHTS OF OTHERS TO CHOOSE FREELY.

What kind of prochoice liberal are you?
Or do you NOT believe in free choice but in govt dictating for people?

If that's what you believe, how are you different from people
pushing THEIR RELIGION and THEIR BELIEFS on everyone else
instead of giving people a free choice?

I'm interested Penelope
because some of my prolife friends do not believe in protecting free choice when it comes to abortion.
Now you remind me of them because you don't believe in free choice when it comes to health care?

Can you see how you look and sound like them?
Just curious how the shoe came to be on the other foot!
And if people ON BOTH SIDES can see that they are doing the EXACT thing
they accuse the other side of doing to violate rights and free choice of others???

* Before it was prolife people pushing Right to Life and banning "free choice of abortion WITHOUT penalty"
* Now it's liberals pushing Right to health care THROUGH GOVT and PENALIZING free choice

* Before, it was the liberal Democrats pushing to defend FREE CHOICE and keep govt out of decisions that are personal
* Now it's the conservatives demanding FREE Market Choices and keep govt from dictating their health care plans and programs

How did the tables get turned around BACKWARDS?
And why can't both sides see that they are arguing from the OPPOSITE side as before?
Don't you find that curious at all?

Penelope why is free choice important in the case of choosing abortion without penalty,
but NOT okay in the case of choosing how to pay for and provide for health care?

Then go where your doctor is, and you get to keep him, that was your choice. Obama didn't do that , not the ACA, the insurance company and or your doctor did.
thats not what you were saying.....you were saying the person is a sub-par doctor if he does not want to "expand" so to speak.....thats not true.....

Probably didn't bother to check whether you could have gotten reduced premiums under the PPACA, either.
reduced premiums many times means less coverage...

What is less coverage, no 1000 a year for dental and what else. Buy a separate policy. Medicare people do not have dental insurance.
what is less coverage?.....how about things not covered and higher co-pays....and dont tell me that stuff dont exist with the lessor plans,i know better....

Hi Penelope I will mark all your posts on this thread as Informative
because I believe this discussion is important to come to an understanding. THANK YOU!

I appreciate your willingness to discuss and try to correct misinformation so we can be on the same page.
Your misunderstanding of spiritual healing is also dangerous and needs to be corrected pronto.
So I hope you will understand that to correct misperceptions on one side, so do you need to do the same
on YOUR side where you have dangerous misconceptions that are disastrous if these are not resolved.

For the line above about taxing Cadillac plans

1. How is someone who gets more services for paying more money
"taking away" services or affordable care from other people?
If someone buys a $1500 designer handmade dress off ETSY from an artist,
how does that affect the people who pay $5 for a used dress in a resale shop.

Now if someone uses an entire restaurant for their reception or grad party,
where no other customers can patronize the restaurant that night,
YES of course, the business charges more money to the group that
is TAKING SPACE and business that could be used to serve and collect money from others.

But in the case of services for medical care,
isn't the competition for resources due to the need to
BUILD MORE FACILITIES AND MEDICAL TRAINING.

So why isn't the FOCUS on investing money THERE.
Why is the focus on trying to penalize CONSUMERS.

How is taxing people more as "punishment" helping
anyone to invest more resources into building more hospitals
and medical programs to PROVIDE more services to more people??

2. On that note, WHY isn't govt going after CRIMINALS who
actually STEAL or COST taxpayers and crime victims money
(including violent crime that puts people in the hospital, or
costs taxpayers for medical care in prisons for people who can no longer work)

Wouldn't it make MORE sense to DETER and PUNISH CRIME
and CORRUPTION that costs taxpayers money we could be investing in health care?

Why are you and francoHFW so BENT on charging, penalizing and regulating
LAW ABIDING TAXPAYING CITIZENS AS THE ONLY WAY TO FINANCE health care reform???

WHY AREN'T YOU GOING AFTER THE REAL FREE LOADERS MAKING
MILLIONS OR COSTING BILLIONS TO TAXPAYERS FOR *CRIMES* THEY ACTUALLY COMMIT???

Do you get this point?
Why punish taxpayers who have committed no crimes
while giving free rides to criminals who cost taxpayers billions per state
that we could use to pay for health care for the greater public
(with the same resources wasted currently on failed prison and mental health systems)

3. Another point on people hating being taxed on their plans.
Do YOU say the same thing about immigrants who are afraid
of being charged a HIGHER tax rate for sending money back home to their families?

If you were these workers, wouldn't you HATE to be taxed more
when YOU EARNED THAT MONEY YOURSELF BY YOUR OWN WORK.

Do you see why ANYONE might object to higher taxes
"unless they agree what the taxes are paying for."

Would you have equal "lack of sympathy" for immigrant workers
who don't want their tax rate to go up?

Just asking if your lack of sympathy is political because you have
a bias against people who make more money, or if you also
have "no sympathy" if poor workers also resist paying higher taxes on their HARD EARNED MONEY!!!

Probably didn't bother to check whether you could have gotten reduced premiums under the PPACA, either.
reduced premiums many times means less coverage...

What is less coverage, no 1000 a year for dental and what else. Buy a separate policy. Medicare people do not have dental insurance.
what is less coverage?.....how about things not covered and higher co-pays....and dont tell me that stuff dont exist with the lessor plans,i know better....
The more you pay for a plan the less the copays, deducts and oop amounts.

All coverage needs to meet the ACA requirements. There is not less coverage on the ACA plans.

thats not what you were saying.....you were saying the person is a sub-par doctor if he does not want to "expand" so to speak.....thats not true.....

There are plenty of doctors, good ones that are on the ACA plans. My doctor could die tomorrow, I'd need to find a new doctor. If your doctor does not join an insurance plan as a provider and opts out of all the networks, well move, or find another doctor and or plan . Everything changes.

You are not on the ACA, and your price skyrocked, did you keep your doctor and plan. That was your decision.

Barrycare would have been far worse in coverage and cost.

The real name is thePPACA, not Obamacare or Barrycare. So you have a Cadillac plan, with extra coverage. What the heck are you complaining about. You probably do not qualify for a subsidy and hate that your tax bucks might be spent on someone else, get over it.

Forum List

Back