Is Power grid ready for new demand of Electric cars??

Sure isn't that what humans have been doing for millions of years? Currently they use lithium which is old sea beds, they have mines in Nevada. In a couple of years were are promised diamond and nuclear waste battery that last 28,000 years.

LOL

Try opening new mines in America. Especially with the idiot Biden-Haris Junta in charge.

The new mine in Nevada, approved under Trump, relies on sulfuric acid.

Unlike more conventional brine mining, hectorite clay requires sulfuric acid treatment to separate lithium salts from associated minerals.
This too:

On January 15, 2021, BLM issued their Record of Decision in which the plan set forth in the Environmental Impact Statement; it was approved following a questionable public input process, ending with final review during the winter holidays. Protestors began occupying the site on the same day. The Fort McDermitt Paiute Shoshone Tribe is among those concerned by the mine's decades-long impacts.

Mining is power-hungry and a very dirty business.

We rely on foreign countries for the vast bulk of our rare-earth minerals, which is much more than just lithium btw.

And no one is going to be driving around with those so-called batteries of diamond and nuclear waste.

Last edited:
I still prefer the gasoline powered automobiles. I don't think the American power grid is ready for electric car demands. your thoughts.
Brilliant! Just fucking brilliant ! Do you have anything to back that up with or are you just taking a shot in the dark at electric cars and clean energy . This is a piss poor OP without anything of substance. What the fuck is wrong with you? Is this an example of the limits of your intelec? I fear that it is.
So...no thoughts from you. Got it.
See post 15. It did not take much to come up with some"thoughts" but apparently doing so is beyond 52st,. and you. I will bet that the OP nevefr comes back to defend that stupidity. It never does.

52ndStreet | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
NANNY NANNY BOO BOO is not a thought.

Moreover, the electric car batteries will only be able to accept but so many electric charges before the batteries have to be replaced. Which will just be more added costs for the consumer. Not to practical for the Future?!

And then what becomes of those huge battery packs? Off to the third-world to be forgotten about?

Brilliant! Just fucking brilliant ! Do you have anything to back that up with or are you just taking a shot in the dark at electric cars and clean energy . This is a piss poor OP without anything of substance. What the fuck is wrong with you? Is this an example of the limits of your intelec? I fear that it is.

Electric cars are NOT "clean energy". Rare-earth minerals for those cars must be mined. Mining is power-hungry and a very dirty business.
And the charge them from electricity that comes from fossil fuels.

I still prefer the gasoline powered automobiles. I don't think the American power grid is ready for electric car demands. your thoughts.
See post 15. It did not take much to come up with some"thoughts" but apparently doing so is beyond 52st,. and you. I will bet that the OP nevefr comes back to defend that stupidity. It never does.

This bullshit is damned sure not a thought. Thank you for proving that you are on the same subterainian intelectual level as the op

Electric cars are NOT "clean energy". Rare-earth minerals for those cars must be mined. Mining is power-hungry and a very dirty business.
And the charge them from electricity that comes from fossil fuels.
I made that point as well. I am here to have an actual discussion of the pros and cons of electric cars. Not to push a minless and fact fre agenda like the brain dead 52ndStreet | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Moreover, the electric car batteries will only be able to accept but so many electric charges before the batteries have to be replaced. Which will just be more added costs for the consumer. Not to practical for the Future?!
Do you have any actual information on that or are we just supposed to take your word for it. Are you really so fucking lazy that you can't provide a source.? Or are you so stupid that you think that you can get get away with that shit?

Do you have any actual information on that or are we just supposed to take your word for it. Are you really so fucking lazy that you can't provide a source.? Or are you so stupid that you think that you can get get away with that shit?

Practice what you preach- preacher

The environmental benefit of electric cars depends on the electricity being generated by renewables. So far, states predict they will be able to sufficiently boost power production. But whether electric vehicles will become an asset or a liability to the grid largely depends on when drivers charge their cars.

Source: Me

To begin, see what I made bold? - renewables- secondly, to predict is merely an educated guess- thirdly, asset or liability, depends on- so, will there be laws when and where a car can be charged? What will they depend on?
Ambiguous words are meaningless to anyone with an IQ over 2.

Eventually there will be more electric vehicles made- they will be a panacea- not a replacement- oil is from fossils- fossils are what? Can you say, renewable? Or, is everything going to just stop being fossilized-

Also, consider- necessity is the mother of invention- we already have (and have had for years) synthetic oil, which is quite a bit better than fossil/carbon based oil- so, why not synthetic liquid gasoline- you think anyone, with an IQ higher than 2 isn't already working on that?

Nope, I also think electric vehicles are in a "planned obsolescence" phase. They have the technology that could either recharge batteries by capturing the energy produced by the motion or extend battery life beyond the current 250 mi. They are playing the same game as we've seen with tech, they are just trying to accelerate the wide spread use of electric vehicles. Currently our power grid is nowhere near ready to charge 600M cars.

Practice what you preach- preacher

The environmental benefit of electric cars depends on the electricity being generated by renewables. So far, states predict they will be able to sufficiently boost power production. But whether electric vehicles will become an asset or a liability to the grid largely depends on when drivers charge their cars.

Source: Me

To begin, see what I made bold? - renewables- secondly, to predict is merely an educated guess- thirdly, asset or liability, depends on- so, will there be laws when and where a car can be charged? What will they depend on?
Ambiguous words are meaningless to anyone with an IQ over 2.

Eventually there will be more electric vehicles made- they will be a panacea- not a replacement- oil is from fossils- fossils are what? Can you say, renewable? Or, is everything going to just stop being fossilized-

Also, consider- necessity is the mother of invention- we already have (and have had for years) synthetic oil, which is quite a bit better than fossil/carbon based oil- so, why not synthetic liquid gasoline- you think anyone, with an IQ higher than 2 isn't already working on that?
I am not preaching Bubba. You fail to notice that I am trying to have a conversation and that I have not taken a ridgit position on the subject. YOU are preaching and getting all riled up. But thank you for the information. I will take it under advisement

There are parts of California where the utilities cannot reliably meet our current electrical power needs. And California is set to shut down its last remaining nuclear power plant in the next few years, with nothing set to replace it.

There's no way in Hell that the grid is ready yet to support a very large transition from internal-combustion to electrical automobiles, nor do I think that it plausibly will be by the 2030 or 2035 goals that some various sources are trying to impose. Companies like GM and Volvo that have announced plans to cease all production of internal-combustion-engined cars by that time are either going to have to back off from them, or else give up their positions as major manufacturers of automobiles.

There are parts of California where the utilities cannot reliably meet our current electrical power needs. And California is set to shut down its last remaining nuclear power plant in the next few years, with nothing set to replace it.

There's no way in Hell that the grid is ready yet to support a very large transition from internal-combustion to electrical automobiles, nor do I think that it plausibly will be by the 2030 or 2035 goals that some various sources are trying to impose. Companies like GM and Volvo that have announced plans to cease all production of internal-combustion-engined cars by that time are either going to have to back off from them, or else give up their positions as major manufacturers of automobiles.

Bobby! I am impressed. Youare actually able to formulate a rational argument about something. I am not sure that i agree and admit that I do not know alot about this stuff but I am willing to learn- unlike you when it comes to certain other topics.

Has anyone else noticed that whenever TheProgressivePatriot participates in a thread, if he's not actively promoting sick sexual degeneracy or other extreme left wrong-wing madness, all that is left is him trying to make the thread about him and his huge Dunning-Kruger complex?
Cut the bullshit Blaylock. And get your mind out of the sexual gutter

This bullshit is damned sure not a thought. Thank you for proving that you are on the same subterainian intelectual level as the op
When you criticize someone's intelligence, you should perhaps make sure all the words are spelled right and you use proper punctuation.

When you criticize someone's intelligence, you should perhaps make sure all the words are spelled right and you use proper punctuation.

Literacy issues aside, if you're going to cast aspersions at someone else's intelligence, it really helps to be able to come across as being at least nearly as intelligent as the one you are criticizing. That's one area in which TheProgressivePatriot consistently, spectacularly fails, every time. Dunning-Kruger on some combination of steroids and hallucinogens.

Last edited:
Our grid will have to double capacity to handle the projected number of EVs. Also public transportation going all EV can be shutdown for days during large outages.

Our grid will have to double capacity to handle the projected number of EVs. Also public transportation going all EV can be shutdown for days during large outages.

Once again politics wins over common sense. Fuck the little people.

Forum List

Back