Is now the time to purchase bitcoin and Ethereum?

Andrew_Jackson_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
Both bitcoin and Ethereum are down considerably. Ethereum at about $2900 a coin and bitcoin at about 55k per coin. Thatā€™s from this year Ethereum high of about $3900 and bitcoin of around 72k

Some analyst suggest bitcoin could reach as much as $500,000 per coin by October 2025.

Could be. What is the trend with more companies accepting such currency? Are there more well-known companies accepting it?

I've never understood using real money to buy fake money.
People have made millions on crypto.

In addition, folks were saying that ā€œthe whole thing is a scamā€ when bitcoin was worth $1000 a coin. It got up to about 72,000 at a High Point now itā€™s worth around 55,000 per coin. Thatā€™s just bitcoin. Thereā€™s now hundreds of different types of cryptocurrencies that folks can purchase these days.

Yes, there are two distinct schools of thought re Crypto long term , and because I cannot make an informed decision between them , I have restricted my safety and contingency plan to Commodities and specifically Precious Metals .
When the market crashes , Crypto will initially fall back --- say to 20 to 30000 for BC - and you can then buy near the bottom if the " Sky is the Limit "theory proves to still have long term legs .

i personally can see BC at way over 100 000 but I would sooner back Gold as the near certainty rather than BC which might only be the route of greatest returns

Either way you will make millions , but I prefer the "Safe and Not Sorry " route .

People have made millions on crypto.

Yes, the people that got in early, same with people that bought certain stocks early on.

People that bought Microsoft stock for a dime and held it made millions. Good luck trying that now with it.

Both bitcoin and Ethereum are down considerably. Ethereum at about $2900 a coin and bitcoin at about 55k per coin. Thatā€™s from this year Ethereum high of about $3900 and bitcoin of around 72k

Some analyst suggest bitcoin could reach as much as $500,000 per coin by October 2025.

At those prices, how many of each could you afford to invest in?

And would it be enough that they went up you would make any substantial amount of money on them?

Yes, the people that got in early, same with people that bought certain stocks early on.

People that bought Microsoft stock for a dime and held it made millions. Good luck trying that now with it.
ā€œEarlyā€ is when the coin was worth pennies. But Iā€™ve heard the doom and gloom theory when the coin was at 1000 5000 or 10,000, etc every time it has gone off.

Even if btw goes down and it never goes up again in the future, the point is undeniable. The point is bitcoin Has made folks tons of money. Yes some have lost, but thatā€™s true for the rest of the stock market.

Microsoft stock is up 25% this year.

ā€œEarlyā€ is when the coin was worth pennies. But Iā€™ve heard the doom and gloom theory when the coin was at 1000 5000 or 10,000, etc every time it has gone off.

Then what are you waiting for? How many coins can you afford to buy?

Microsoft stock is up 25% this year.

Yep. If you bought 100 shares for 37K on Jan 1st and sold them today you would have made 8.8k. not bad but not great for that much up front cost.

For the same amount of up front cost you could have bought 17,441 shares of SOUN and sold it today and made 50K profit.

Last edited:
Then what are you waiting for? How many coins can you afford to buy?

Yep. If you bought 100 shares for 37K on Jan 1st and sold them today you would have made 8.8k. not bad but not great for that much up front cost.

For the same amount of up front cost you could have bought 17,441 shares of SOUN and sold it today and made 50K profit.
My Points have already been made.

I own some Ethereum

Last edited:

Yes. Use your life savings.

1721192312670.png

Wild swings the last month They're both going to the moon sooner or later
Buy what you're not afraid to lose and just sit on it

Whatever I have left is all profit ...I just let it sit there ...don't care

Wild swings the last month They're both going to the moon sooner or later
Buy what you're not afraid to lose and just sit on it

Whatever I have left is all profit ...I just let it sit there ...don't care
Exactly. I only invest what I can afford to lose..

I just put some money into shiba coin..Forbes says it might have a 1700% increase in 2025 so we will see

Exactly. I only invest what I can afford to lose..

I just put some money into shiba coin..Forbes says it might have a 1700% increase in 2025 so we will see
I have some Shiba ,Solana ,xrp , bitcoins ,etheriums .....couple others

I did a quick trade with etherium classic last year ..year before ....19 dollars ...went to 170 in less than two months ...made a quick 10k

But Ya wanna sit on etherium and bit coin ...

Forum List

Back