Is it too early for a buying opportunity?

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
Ride it down a bit if need be, but be onboard for the ride back? Or premature? I’m down about 10% in recent weeks, and down even more among tech stocks.

(I put aside dry powder in the event Biden won, and ready to deploy.)

My philosophy has always been buy and hold.
No regrets.
Thanks. That would certainly apply to my stock holdings now - no plan to sell what I have. I’m just not sure if I should buy more now or not. My thought is to hold tight for a bit, given global events and people’s tendency to panic.

Ride it down a bit if need be, but be onboard for the ride back? Or premature? I’m down about 10% in recent weeks, and down even more among tech stocks.

(I put aside dry powder in the event Biden won, and ready to deploy.)
In cases like this you buy already over sold income producers (dividend stocks and funds) that got hit by following the market decline and not their future earnings being questioned.
In other words stocks and preferreds thrown out with the bath water and market liquidity issues that occur when everyone is leaving the pool and not jumping in.
Preferreds you look for are ones near par and under that are to be called soon or past their callable date=keep towards par no matter the market and are more value, better divy as their peers go way above par.

In cases like this you buy already over sold income producers (dividend stocks and funds) that got hit by following the market decline and not their future earnings being questioned.
In other words stocks and preferreds thrown out with the bath water and market liquidity issues that occur when everyone is leaving the pool and not jumping in.
Preferreds you look for are ones near par and under that are to be called soon or past their callable date=keep towards par no matter the market and are more value, better divy as their peers go way above par.
Thanks. My thoughts exactly, although it does take research. I did something similar when that oil rig exploded about 10 or 12 years ago, and other oil rig companies went down (in price) along with it.

Forum List

Back