Is it right for governments to lie to their citizens to manipulate them for the public good?

Is it ok for government to lie to people for the public good?

• Yes. People in government are smarter and better than me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Always tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may and let the public decide

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Depends on the situation…sometime lying is the best choice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Like when Fauci said masks do not work. He admitted he lied so that PPE would be available to first responders.

That is one of many examples of the government lying.

Should a government lie to the nation for the nation’s own good?

It's never a good deal when the government is allowed to lie to the people but the people are charged with a crime if they lie to the government.

The only path a reasonable person has is to assume everything any government agency or agent tells you is a lie.

What we have seen alot over the past 2 years is the ruling class insisting they know what is best for the public, so the government has lied often to manipulate us.

Why the public tolerates it, I don’t understand.

Once it started many years ago it kept growing to the point, we do not trust them anymore. The elected and unelected in government have great power now over us all.

Once it started many years ago it kept growing to the point, we do not trust them anymore. The elected and unelected in government have great power now over us all.
Many us know they’re full of shit, but many don’t. They believe the lies and misinformation.

It seems to me nearly everything presented to the public has been processed down to nothing but utter bullshit.

Particularly the Fed, but really at every level.

No because while I can see the very specific scenario where it is in people's best interest and they want to avoid panic and problems it's also a gateway for abuse where they lie about everything just to get people to obey them.

The chances of them lying for good are miniscule compared to them lying just for their own personal gain isn't worth it at all.

But our current administration has shown they will virtually do and say anything it takes to maintain their power and money. They do not represent Americans or America, they only care about their parties interests.

Forum List

Back