Is it a good thing, or a bad thing that Donald Trump........

It's a good thing he isn't a politician. The reaction to his candidacy from the establishment politicians on both sides is proof.

.....is not a career politician?

Is not being a career politician a benefit, or a strike against Mr.Trump?

Shadow 355
He's just as bad as career politician, he's one of the miscreants that has been buying career politicians to gain competitive advantage and serve his own personal interests at the expense of everybody else. He is and always has been part of the problem with crony capitalism and putting him in charge of the executive branch is likely to make things worse.

What the Republic needs is someone that isn't a career politician and has the integrity and moral compass to compete in the marketplace based solely on their own merits along with the ability to discern right from wrong, of course such individuals won't run for office in the current poisonous political environment so we get stuck with unscrupulous assholes like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as our "choices", Americans should be ashamed of themselves for allowing it to come to this.

i can't believe that they badgered him into signing a loyalty oath to the party, only to turn around and attack him. if he wasn't winning, i would have followed him to a new third party, which i'm starting for the future anyway. both major parties are pretty stale.

i can't believe that they badgered him into signing a loyalty oath to the party, only to turn around and attack him. if he wasn't winning, i would have followed him to a new third party, which i'm starting for the future anyway. both major parties are pretty stale.

that is how dishonest the establishment party has become

Cc9dzopWEAAo1La.jpg

Americans should be ashamed of themselves for allowing it to come to this.
Yup. We have to look in the mirror. The people we freely choose to "lead" us are our own reflection.

I disagree.

Some politicians are more devious than the people that they lead.

Some politicians go against wishes of their constituents when it comes to representations with bills and legislature activity.

Politicians are not a reflection of those whom they represent.

Shadow 355

Yup. We have to look in the mirror. The people we freely choose to "lead" us are our own reflection.

I disagree.

Some politicians go against wishes of their constituents when it comes to representations with bills and legislature activity.

Shadow 355
Umm.. yes they are, the more ignorant and apathetic the constituents are the more unethical and self serving their representatives become since it's much harder to get away with all the nonsense our current politicians are getting away with when you have an informed and vigilante citizenry watching over them.

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty" -- Thomas Jefferson

I disagree.

Shadow 355
Umm.. yes they are, the more ignorant and apathetic the constituents are the more unethical and self serving their representatives become since it's much harder to get away with all the nonsense our current politicians are getting away with when you have an informed and vigilante citizenry watching over them.

Beat me to it. We could change the system under which these people operate to raise standards, reduce corruption and make them more accountable, but we choose not to.

We also dredge up all the dirt we can about them and amplify it, assuring that our REAL Best & Brightest know to stay the fuck out of politics.

So we end up with shallow, dishonest narcissists, and many of us like them. Maybe we see ourselves in them.

So people in the corn belt, the people on the large farm in Washington State and South Dakota are ignorant and apathetic?

You are stereotyping everyone.

Yes, some people do not understand politics - but not everyone wears bib overalls, a straw hat, and only has a 6th grade education.

Shadow 355

I disagree.

Shadow 355

Beat me to it. We could change the system under which these people operate to raise standards, reduce corruption and make them more accountable, but we choose not to.

We also dredge up all the dirt we can about them and amplify it, assuring that our REAL Best & Brightest know to stay the fuck out of politics.

So we end up with shallow, dishonest narcissists, and many of us like them. Maybe we see ourselves in them.

A lot of the change.....has to come from Congress. There are some places in Government, where the Government has to police itself. Yes, the average citizen can make change - but it is minuscule to what the Government itself has to do.

Our elected officials have to do their jobs.

Would expectations from citizens not be ignored by the people whom sit behind marble walls drinking bourbon and laughing?

Shadow 355

So people in the corn belt, the people on the large farm in Washington State and South Dakota are ignorant and apathetic?

You are stereotyping everyone.
Not everyone, just the majority of "everyone", that's who elected the scumbags in Washington and allowed the Federal Government to become a self serving organism that has grown beyond the control of the citizenry and they did it because they were ignorant and apathetic, they stop caring about what was really going on and focused on the "what can I get out of the gub'mint trough FOR ME".

Forum List

Back