Irene demonstrates the power of government/media

Monday morning quarterback. When did you think it would degrade to a Category 1 storm? And why weren't you railing against all the experts who thought otherwise?
There were plenty of "experts" that derided the hype over this glorified rainstorm. Here are 2 that I found...
NOAA’s Phony “Hurricane” Coming On Shore With 33 MPH Winds | Real Science
https://www.gplus.com/Hurricanes/Insight/The-storm-cannot-master-its-own-strength

The left will now demagogue the shit out of what was a normal weather event. Watch and see - over the next few days weeks we'll be inundated with stories and reports that link global warming and increased hurricane activity. We'll be warned (by people in a state of hysteria) that "right-wing" policies and "tea-baggers" are destroying the planet!!! We'll be told that if we disagree with AGW despite the lack of any real evidence, then we are the equivalent of "racists"!! We;ll be derided, condemned and called "deniers". The enviro-fascists will never let an opportunity to try and control the plebeians go by.
And the Right pooh poohed the Rham Emmanuel quote "Never let a crisis go to waste." What the hell are you doing now?
A 40-Year Wish List - WSJ.com

This is about making Obama appear presidential.

I am sitting at home having a cup of coffee.:lol:

I am not an elected official that is telling people that they need to evacuate their homes for a rain storm. I am not the President of the United States telling citizens "this is not over". The fear mongering is coming from all levels of government and the media helps to sell it.
What you call fear mongering is what responsible people see as taking reasonable precautions to avoid unnecessary calamity. Seeking shelter from the storm is a reasonable precaution. Warning folks of impending danger is a reasonable precaution. Alleviating the strain on already stressed emergency response teams by evacuating citizens is a reasonable precaution. I suppose you reacted the same way whenever there was a fire drill at your grammar school.

I am all for "reasonable" precautions. School Fire drills are reasonable precautions. They last a few minutes and prepare kids for an emergency. But if they forced the parents to take off from work, come to the school, pick up the kids and drive them a few hundred miles away for a fire drill, that would be unreasonable. Mandatory evacuation of hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers is not reasonable in my opinion.
if you had your way and the storm had been a little stronger, thousands could have been killed .
what would you have said then ..."it's acceptable losses..but we sure showed those people in Washington who was boss!

Forum List

Back