Involuntary commitment

It may be a question of balance ...balance the wonder and the challenges of life ...

There is a wonderful story behind Louis Armstrong's music. Louis's mother was addicted to drugs. He was abandoned.

Louis was adopted by a Jewish family who nurtured him and loved him and encouraged his talents. His talent was music so they helped him in getting the necessary training and he blossomed into a very talented musician and a beautiful young man. When he wrote that song I imagine him thinking of how wonderful this world was because of one Jewish family who cared enough to take him and make him their own child. It's a true story. Louis Armstrong was a very grateful man I believe.

To me it is evidence that although you may find yourself in the darkest night - if you will just hang on - you'll find that one day the morning will come and joy with it. The greatest joys in life come out of the greatest sufferings. Perhaps that is part of the balance of life too.

She fought for patients rights then she was put in a hospital against her will - The Washington Post

Not sure what the laws are in NC. I have never been involuntarily committed.I am not bipolar, my problem is recurring major depression with delusional paranoia.

The woman in the article was held longer because she does not bath regularly,,,, I have that to. Maybe once every couple months I take a shower, usually because my wife forces me too.

The therapist is always trying to get me to shower it is one of my goals I have never met. Even when I am not depressed I do not like to shower. Sometimes I am not sure why other times I thin it is because by showering I admit to myself I am going to continue to live.

I have suicidal thoughts all the time. Don't get me wrong they are under control, because of my medications. But basically I don't want to be alive. I stay because I am the main provider for my family with out me they could not make ends meet .

This Country needs to change how it sees and reacts to mental health issues.
I read this the other day and while I sympathize with you I can't get past you not showering. Are you sure you aren't doing it to push people away?

She fought for patients rights then she was put in a hospital against her will - The Washington Post

Not sure what the laws are in NC. I have never been involuntarily committed.I am not bipolar, my problem is recurring major depression with delusional paranoia.

The woman in the article was held longer because she does not bath regularly,,,, I have that to. Maybe once every couple months I take a shower, usually because my wife forces me too.

The therapist is always trying to get me to shower it is one of my goals I have never met. Even when I am not depressed I do not like to shower. Sometimes I am not sure why other times I thin it is because by showering I admit to myself I am going to continue to live.

I have suicidal thoughts all the time. Don't get me wrong they are under control, because of my medications. But basically I don't want to be alive. I stay because I am the main provider for my family with out me they could not make ends meet .

I read this the other day and while I sympathize with you I can't get past you not showering. Are you sure you aren't doing it to push people away?
No people in my life, except my son daughter and wife. And me and the wife just live together. Haven't really been a couple since 1999.

No people in my life, except my son daughter and wife. And me and the wife just live together. Haven't really been a couple since 1999.

LOL I have spent 12 or 14 years talking with a therapist about this, I really doubt you are going to solve the problem here. I am not sure why other then it reminds me I am going to be alive tomorrow.

LOL I have spent 12 or 14 years talking with a therapist about this, I really doubt you are going to solve the problem here. I am not sure why other then it reminds me I am going to be alive tomorrow.
Of course you are, now bath and tell the wife thank you for being there....

Hugs Gunny. Depression and suicide run in my family. My grandmother suicided, as did her brother, and a cousin on that side. My mother is on meds and has been for years. It has literally been a lfesaver. Keep on keeping on. We are rooting for you!

Your mention of when it is hardest, made me think of something. Have you ever looked into or been told about seasonal affective disorder? It is due to not receiving enough sunlight. It' effects can be lessened through light therapy that can be done at home, along wih the meds, sometimes without. Some with sad as it also called, due to its initials, can go along with year rou d depression, that depression just worsens in winter.
Seasonal affective disorder SAD Definition - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic

I am in no danger, I am doing really well compared to before the meds.

New Topics

Forum List

Back