Internet Attack Are Spreading Today, Disrupting Major Websites

Time to tell Russia and their pons that we won't fucking take it! Prepare to put a few thousand tanks on their god damn border with 200,000 Troops. Fuck Trump and his russian supporters.
I've learned to take each day at a time. I'm monitored.
Is it on your ankle?
It's on the internet dum dumb
So your ankle monitor is being monitored by wifi?

Time to tell Russia and their pons that we won't fucking take it! Prepare to put a few thousand tanks on their god damn border with 200,000 Troops. Fuck Trump and his russian supporters.
Is it on your ankle?
big man standing behind children. How Semitic of you.

Is it on your ankle?
big man standing behind children. How Semitic of you.

So would this have happened if the US hadn't surrendered the internet?
The basic problem is the Internet is an insecure means of communication. It always has been and probably always will be. The security we have is installed at nodes such as your computer and your router that connects you to Internet, the various servers used by your service provider, the major and minor network nodes that handle long distance data traffic and of course the hundreds of millions of servers and connected computers, cell phones, and other devices. You would think with all this security the Internet would be secure but it's not. You've heard the saying a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Well to a great degree that applies to the Internet.

Before the Internet caught on about 25 years ago, most networks were private. That is an organization would install cables to connect it's devices. Devices in other location were connected using leased lines that were basically dedicated to the organization or dial up phone lines. Security meant locking doors and having an adequate number of rent a cops. Then the Internet came along and everyone had access to everyone and everything. Maybe that was not such a good idea.

I have to go now. My wife said Comcast just went down and with it our phone, TV, home security, and maybe the Internet.

WikiLeaksVerified account‏@wikileaks
Mr. Assange is still alive and WikiLeaks is still publishing. We ask supporters to stop taking down the US internet. You proved your point.

CvUhhlrXYAUldLh.jpg

2:09 PM - 21 Oct 2016
0 replies45,165 retweets30,241 likes

Did you just advocate for a massive ground war with Russia? :D

So would this have happened if the US hadn't surrendered the internet?
The basic problem is the Internet is an insecure means of communication. It always has been and probably always will be. The security we have is installed at nodes such as your computer and your router that connects you to Internet, the various servers used by your service provider, the major and minor network nodes that handle long distance data traffic and of course the hundreds of millions of servers and connected computers, cell phones, and other devices. You would think with all this security the Internet would be secure but it's not. You've heard the saying a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Well to a great degree that applies to the Internet.

Before the Internet caught on about 25 years ago, most networks were private. That is an organization would install cables to connect it's devices. Devices in other location were connected using leased lines that were basically dedicated to the organization or dial up phone lines. Security meant locking doors and having an adequate number of rent a cops. Then the Internet came along and everyone had access to everyone and everything. Maybe that was not such a good idea.

I have to go now. My wife said Comcast just went down and with it our phone, TV, home security, and maybe the Internet.

Well, things can get pretty secure, depending on the user. 90+% of all "hacks" are due to operator error.

Screen-Shot-2014-04-18-at-12.36.21-PM.png

Forum List

Back