Income Inequality: FOX NEWS POLL is a joke.

Fox news pretends their polls are better than elections.

that is what they have to do

they have no respect for elections which is why they help HIDE all the republican paety cheating that goes right up to a scotus decision of last year.

some idiots pretend its not true.

can any one of you cons discuss why your right wing scotus told the courts to KEEP PUNISHING the republican party for cheating in elections?

Any poll taken by a network is going to be slanted FOX has the conservative slant so there polls tend to that way CNN and MSNBC slant liberal so there polls go that way this not anything new or ground breaking.

The "question" is not really susceptible to poll taking.

Either the wealthy being wealthy DOES come at the expense of the poor or it Does NOT.

The poll MIGHT express (to some degree) the public perception ABOUT that topic, but it clearly doesn't answer it.

And if the poll results are skewed even to that extent because the sample is more conservative than the general population, again: so what? It is not exactly surprising that (on balance) conservatives see the matter more clearly than liberals.

By and large, liberals DO believe that the wealthy can only get wealthy and remain wealthy at the "expense" of the less affluent. It doesn't matter that they are wrong. They believe it. Conservatives are less likely to believe it. Conservatives tend to be less hostile to Capitalism, too.

Oh come on, Fox News. I'm talking to you directly now. I've supported your positions on a multiple of things >> death penalty, Afghanistan, immigration, Islamization, Muslim terrorism, law enforcement, stop & frisk, affirmative action, etc. I'm as conservative as anybody in America.

But to equate a Fox News poll with the preferences of the American people, is a stretch, to say the least. The Fox poll shows a distinct disapproval for Obama's handling of the issue of income inequality (52% disapprove). And when asked >> if someone makes a lot of money, does that mean someone else has to make less ? A whopping 84% said no.

But that's Fox News folks, NOT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. Fox News watchers are conservative, and in today's world (very unfortunately ) that means most of them are also Reaganists, who have no objection to income inequality, who have no objection to the preposterously low federal minimum wage we currently have, and who oppose tax increases on the super rich (which 3/4 of the American people support).

Monica Crowley, interviewed by Martha McCallum, this morning on the show America's newsroom, did herself a disservice by equating the Fox News poll with the overall attitude of the American people (which clearly supports tax increases on the rich). I've supported and liked Monica's positions for quite some time. I really liked it when she once mentioned the need for US troops to be in Afghanistan, to be in position to move into Pakistan to secure the Pakistani nuclear warheads, if the govt there were to fall. So I have nothing against Monica, in fact I'm a fan of hers. I just think this report was a bit over the top, and not healthy for the prestige of everyone at Fox News.

Uh . . . . . hey dingdong. When FOX News does a poll, they don't just call FOX news viewers. They call random viewers just like every other pollster.

Thanks for the laugh though. I'll be looking for your posts in the future whenever I need a good chuckle.

How do you know ? Were you sitting beside them when they did the poll ? Ever hear > "proof is in the pudding". Trouble is their poll contradicts 23 other polls. So when you "need a good chuckle", read your own post, like this last one. :lol:

WSJ/NBC News Poll Finds Support Lacking for Entitlement Reductions

Scroll down to question #26 in Wall St. Journal poll.

http://www.capitalgainsandgames.com/blog/bruce-bartlett/2292/americans-support-higher-taxes-really

Last edited:
Oh come on, Fox News. I'm talking to you directly now. I've supported your positions on a multiple of things >> death penalty, Afghanistan, immigration, Islamization, Muslim terrorism, law enforcement, stop & frisk, affirmative action, etc. I'm as conservative as anybody in America.

But to equate a Fox News poll with the preferences of the American people, is a stretch, to say the least. The Fox poll shows a distinct disapproval for Obama's handling of the issue of income inequality (52% disapprove). And when asked >> if someone makes a lot of money, does that mean someone else has to make less ? A whopping 84% said no.

But that's Fox News folks, NOT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. Fox News watchers are conservative, and in today's world (very unfortunately ) that means most of them are also Reaganists, who have no objection to income inequality, who have no objection to the preposterously low federal minimum wage we currently have, and who oppose tax increases on the super rich (which 3/4 of the American people support).

Monica Crowley, interviewed by Martha McCallum, this morning on the show America's newsroom, did herself a disservice by equating the Fox News poll with the overall attitude of the American people (which clearly supports tax increases on the rich). I've supported and liked Monica's positions for quite some time. I really liked it when she once mentioned the need for US troops to be in Afghanistan, to be in position to move into Pakistan to secure the Pakistani nuclear warheads, if the govt there were to fall. So I have nothing against Monica, in fact I'm a fan of hers. I just think this report was a bit over the top, and not healthy for the prestige of everyone at Fox News.

Uh . . . . . hey dingdong. When FOX News does a poll, they don't just call FOX news viewers. They call random viewers just like every other pollster.

Thanks for the laugh though. I'll be looking for your posts in the future whenever I need a good chuckle.

How do you know ? Were you sitting beside them when they did the poll. Ever hear > "proof is in the pudding". Trouble is their poll contradicts 23 other polls. So when you "need a good chuckle", read your own post, like this last one. :lol:

Americans Support Higher Taxes. Really. | Stan Collender's Capital Gains and Games

Ahh so you wear a tin foil hat as well as an ows badge....

Explains everything

Fox News is complete garbage. It always has been.

FALSE! Fox News has many worthwhile reports and commentaries, and is much more fair and balanced than its completely UNbalanced counterpart, MSNBC.

Many?
This seems rather inconsistent based on your numerous postings on other threads.
I find Fox to be 95% stuck in a Reagan world that never really existed.

That is the funny thing about putting Reagan on some conservative pedestal, because he never governed near as conservatively as he spoke.

why does Fox get the facts wrong all the time ?

because they have to help the republican party lie and cheat to win elections

Today, 11:45 AM
Remove user from ignore listTruthmatters
This message is hidden because Truthmatters is on your ignore list.
View PostUnread Today, 11:46 AM
View PostUnread Today, 11:47 AM

Effective use of the ignore feature ^^^

yes we know you void the truth.

your just that fucking stupid

Yeah, their's a lot of that going around in hear.

How do you know ? Were you sitting beside them when they did the poll. Ever hear > "proof is in the pudding". Trouble is their poll contradicts 23 other polls. So when you "need a good chuckle", read your own post, like this last one. :lol:

Americans Support Higher Taxes. Really. | Stan Collender's Capital Gains and Games

Explains everything

I wear an I Like IKE button (since 1956). Explains everything (if you take the time and effort to study it)

FALSE! Fox News has many worthwhile reports and commentaries, and is much more fair and balanced than its completely UNbalanced counterpart, MSNBC.

Many?
This seems rather inconsistent based on your numerous postings on other threads.

That is the funny thing about putting Reagan on some conservative pedestal, because he never governed near as conservatively as he spoke.

I believe Indeependent was referring to Reagan's low tax. low spend, small govt creed, which catastrophically changed the definition of a conservative, for millions of well-meaning conservatives born after about 1970, and too young to remember when we had REAL Conservatism, and consequently now don't even know what it is.

Explains everything

I wear an I Like IKE button (since 1956). Explains everything (if you take the time and effort to study it)

There is nothing to study beyond one individuals lack of ambition that leads him to believe that someone elses success was at his expense

why does Fox get the facts wrong all the time ?

because they have to help the republican party lie and cheat to win elections

Actually they are hurting the Republicans by advancing ideas that the overwhelming majority of Americans are repulsed by. If they were concerned about Republicans winning elections in 2014, and were smart, they would return to the TRUE Conservatism of the Eisenhower years when high taxes on the rich helped to promote income equality and promote National Security, as well.

Explains everything

There is nothing to study beyond one individuals lack of ambition that leads him to believe that someone elses success was at his expense

This isn't from "one individual"[/B] >>>

Nor is this >>>

History of Federal Individual Income Bottom and Top Bracket Rates - Historical Income Tax Rates & Brackets

National Taxpayers Union - History of Federal Individual Income Bottom and Top Bracket Rates

PS - when Spanish Geographers (who believed the earth was flat) spoke of Columbus' voyage, they said "There is nothing to study" LOL.

Last edited:

Nor is this >>>

History of Federal Individual Income Bottom and Top Bracket Rates - Historical Income Tax Rates & Brackets

National Taxpayers Union - History of Federal Individual Income Bottom and Top Bracket Rates

PS - when Spanish Geographers (who believed the earth was flat) spoke of Columbus' voyage, they said "There is nothing to study" LOL.

Success or failure is an individual reality. If you fail it is your responsibility to pick yourself up and try harder. Your life and the success you have or have not attained is your responsibility and no one elses.

Period/end of story

Nor is this >>>

Success or failure is an individual reality. If you fail it is your responsibility to pick yourself up and try harder. Your life and the success you have or have not attained is your responsibility and no one elses.

Period/end of story

Because it's SO easy to get a business loan these days...:cuckoo:

Nor is this >>>

Period/end of story

Perhaps your business plan is lacking or too high a risk. You are not owed a loan lol

Nor is this >>>

Period/end of story

THEN another "story" begins to unfold. Suppose YOU were involved in a serious car accident, You became paralyzed from the neck down. You found yourself unable to care for yourself, but you required personal and medical care 24/7. So would your sustenance then be "your responsibility and no one elses". If it were, you would die, saying that.

Period/end of story

Perhaps your business plan is lacking or too high a risk. You are not owed a loan lol

Even many years ago, when the economy was fine (ex. the 1990s), one could not obtain a business loan (even from the US Small Business Administration), without sufficient collateral (AKA "wealth")

Many?

I too, find them to be very unfortunately, 95% stuck in a Reagan world that never really existed. And I've already indicated that quite clearly. But the Reaganism they unfortunately are afflicted with, is seperate from many other issues, which I, as a true conservative (in the Eisenhower mold) do agree with, as I also stated in the OP. And none of this is inconsistent with my postings on other threads (Note: Eisenhower had a 91-92% tax on the wealthiest income brackets for all 8 years of his administration).

When you post that 91-92% income tax rate, how about posting the deductions that were allowed, and they were numerous, and how many people actually paid that rate. How many high earners were paid with stock options that were then taxed at the capital gains rate when sold. Even today the Corporate tax rate is 35% and a number of Corporations pay ZERO taxes.

Forum List

Back