In Pennsylvania Senate race, $1 homes are all the rage

Isn't that a one time thing? First home sale?

My understanding is not anymore, I do believe that is the way it used to be but somewhere along the lines requirements changed.

Two pertinent ones are:
  • It must have been your primary residence for 24 mounts out of the last 5-years.
  • You cannot have sold another property for which you have claimed the exception within 24 months from the date of sale.
  • You can now claim the exception more than once, but there are limitations with the two above being the timing restrictions.
WW

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not a lawyer or a tax professional. I'm a homeowner that has reviewed this since we may be selling our larger house in the next couple of years. After owning the home for 20+ years we are likely to see significant profit, but less than the $500K threshold.)

My understanding is not anymore, I do believe that is the way it used to be but somewhere along the lines requirements changed.

Two pertinent ones are:
  • It must have been your primary residence for 24 mounts out of the last 5-years.
  • You cannot have sold another property for which you have claimed the exception within 24 months from the date of sale.
WW

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not a lawyer or a tax professional. I'm a homeowner that has reviewed this since we may be selling our larger house in the next couple of years. After owning the home for 20+ years we are likely to see significant profit, but less than the $500K threshold.)

Mmm, good to know. I have used the one time break already. Selling again, is certainly on the table. The wife is thinking of BUILDING the next one.

1664549786181.png

This is a non-issue. It happens all the time in shithole blue cities that have been turned into war zones by DemoKKKrat policies. They sell the houses for $1 so the city doesn't have to spend money tearing them down. Guess what, though? Your property taxes won't be based on a value of $1 (of course).
I could educate you but what's the use? You are a retard and will remain as one. :itsok:

Republican candidate and celebrity doctor Mehmet Oz has been living with his wife at his in-laws’ home near Philadelphia as he wages his campaign to win Pennsylvania’s crucial U.S. Senate race.

The Oz campaign says he’s residing there while the nearby home he bought for $3.1 million in December of last year is renovated. And, during a recent back-and-forth with his opponent, Lt. Gov, John Fetterman, over which candidate is more out of touch with the average voter, Oz took a jab at the Democrat for having purchased a home from a family member for $1. Allegheny County records show Fetterman did buy a Braddock property for $1, and that the value of that property is now $238,200.

In one tweet attacking the purchase, Oz writes, “Only in John Fetterman’s world can you go house hunting and get a home for $1.”

But it turns out that is possible in Oz’s world too. An NBC News property records search showed that the candidate’s mother-in-law, Emily Lemole, also bought her home in the Bryn Athyn neighborhood for $1 in August of 2000. The appraised value of that home currently stands at $509,820.

Well, now, if politicians' family members are fair game and cause scandals for the politicians...

WTF does it matter what Oz' mother-in-law does?

Maybe she bought it at a tax auction and fixed it up?
I know there are cities like Detroit that will sell houses for a dollar if the buyer commits to fixing it up. There was even a show on HGTV about a woman who did that for a living a few years ago. I don't know if that was the case about Oz's MIL but I'm sure there is more to the situation than Fetterman buying a house from his sister for a dollar then charging his parent rent to live there.

Forum List

Back