'I'm going to tell Gretchen': Michigan lawmaker threatens to call governor, punish police for busting him after drunken crash

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
60860bd685f5402e1a1c955a.jpg

© Facebook / Jewell Jones

Newly released dashcam footage shows Michigan lawmaker Jewell Jones trying to wield his political influence, even threatening to call Governor Gretchen, as state troopers try to arrest him after an alleged drunken crash.

"I'll call Governor Whitmer right now," the 26-year-old Democrat from suburban Detroit is heard saying on the video. He added, "When I call Gretchen, I'll need y'all IDs and badge numbers, everything," and later said, "If you abuse me, I'm going to get upset. I'm going to tell Gretchen . . . and I'm going to get you all on desk duty, bro. I'm telling you."

Jones' apparent attempts to leverage his political influence didn't stop at threatening to call the Democrat governor. "It's not going to be good for you, I'm telling you," he told two troopers as struggled to handcuff him on the ground. "I run you all's budget, bro."

The state lawmaker accused police of harassing him all the time and abusing him because he's black. "You all don't know who you all dealing with, bro," he said.

Later, when he was handcuffed and sitting in the back of a police vehicle, Jones told a trooper to call (Michigan State Police director) Joe Gasper. "Tell Joe who you got and call f**king Joe," he said. "I'm not sure whether he's up or not. If he's not up, wake him up. Tell Joe who you have, tell Joe who you have handcuffed, OK? . . . Let him know that I would like to go home. After that, let me go f**king home."

"I can give you my address," he said. "You can drop me off at the crib."

"But a lawyer for Jones, who was Tasered twice and hit with pepper stray while allegedly resisting arrest, told NBC News that his client was "fully cooperative" with troopers..."

Continued - 'I'm going to tell Gretchen': Michigan lawmaker threatens to call governor, punish police for busting him after drunken crash

Video of incident also at link.

Not very becoming of a lawmaker if you ask me. I mean, really. Purposefully endangering lives on muh roads not withstanding.

Last edited:

Newly released dashcam footage shows Michigan lawmaker Jewell Jones trying to wield his political influence, even threatening to call Governor Gretchen, as state troopers try to arrest him after an alleged drunken crash.

"I'll call Governor Whitmer right now," the 26-year-old Democrat from suburban Detroit is heard saying on the video. He added, "When I call Gretchen, I'll need y'all IDs and badge numbers, everything," and later said, "If you abuse me, I'm going to get upset. I'm going to tell Gretchen . . . and I'm going to get you all on desk duty, bro. I'm telling you."

Continued -
'I'm going to tell Gretchin': Michigan lawmaker threatens to call governor, punish police for busting him after drunken crash

Not very becoming of a lawmaker if you ask me. I mean, really. He was straight ghetto.
The Systemic Corruption of the Democrat Party creates the poverty and misery in the Blue States.

Jones' apparent attempts to leverage his political influence didn't stop at threatening to call the Democrat governor. "It's not going to be good for you, I'm telling you," he told two troopers as struggled to handcuff him on the ground. "I run you all's budget, bro."

The state lawmaker accused police of harassing him all the time and abusing him because he's black. "You all don't know who you all dealing with, bro," he said.

Later, when he was handcuffed and sitting in the back of a police vehicle, Jones told a trooper to call (Michigan State Police director) Joe Gasper. "Tell Joe who you got and call f**king Joe," he said. "I'm not sure whether he's up or not. If he's not up, wake him up. Tell Joe who you have, tell Joe who you have handcuffed, OK? . . . Let him know that I would like to go home. After that, let me go f**king home."

"But a lawyer for Jones, who was Tasered twice and hit with pepper stray while allegedly resisting arrest, told NBC News that his client was "fully cooperative" with troopers..."

Continued - 'I'm going to tell Gretchen': Michigan lawmaker threatens to call governor, punish police for busting him after drunken crash

Not very becoming of a lawmaker if you ask me. I mean, really. Purposefully endangering lives on muh roads not withstanding.
What a loser dumb ass, representative Jewell Jones is. They can really pick'em in Michigan.

After crashing the vehicle it was found that he had a blood/alcohol content of more than .17 and a handgun in the cup holder of the vehicle.

Michigan doesn't allow Glocks in cup holders, but if he was carrying, he might have have taken it off when he saw the cops coming, so as not to get shot.

Thats how democrat cities and state are run . By criminals for criminals . Its a great gig if you can get it. Corrupt from top to bottom.

Institutional non-White entitlement is one of the biggest issues as a result of "diversity."
Where do you see this case as an incident of that? The guy got arrested and probably slept it off in jail.

Michigan doesn't allow Glocks in cup holders, but if he was carrying, he might have have taken it off when he saw the cops coming, so as not to get shot.

Yeah, but Michigan doesn't allow drunk driving either. You know? One might certainly expect a Michigan lawmaker to know that, at the very least. Seems to me that the lawmaker may very well have a blatant disregard for the law. And historically speaking, we cannot expect those types to actually conform to laws.

I dunno. Could be just a rules for thee but not for me type of mindset. I hear that it happens.

Last edited:
The flies cluster to the whiff of Black Man Behaving Badly. The point was a Rep all likkered up trying to get off by name dropping. It didn't work, the guy got busted. No corruption in sight.

Yeah, but Michigan doesn't allow drunk driving either. You know? One might certainly expect a lawmaker to know that, at the very least. Seems to me the lawmaker may very well have a blatant disregard for the law. And historically speaking, we cannot expect those types to actually conform to laws.

I dunno. Could be just a laws for thee but not for me type of mindset. I hear that it happens.
Same with Matt Gaetz, I hear. His daddy got him out of several. Entitled.

Same with Matt Gaetz, I hear. His daddy got him out of several. Entitled.

Yeah, I've never liked that dude. He's a poser. There's a lot of em in that new batch, actually.

Alright, I'm jumping off here. I have a long day tomorrow.

I'm gonna stop tormenting you, OL. Alright? Honest injun.

Have a good night.

The flies cluster to the whiff of Black Man Behaving Badly. The point was a Rep all likkered up trying to get off by name dropping. It didn't work, the guy got busted. No corruption in sight.
Really? What was the disposition of his arrest? Was he charged or released with a slap on the wrist?

Forum List

Back