I'm a teacher. Here's why I am cheering my new freedom from unions

Why didn’t she get the union to change that in the contract?

But hey, go see how awesome things aren’t union schools . Good luck having everything being decided by politics and connections .

The Department of Education is a complete failure. A waste of money. It's unconstitutional. And it's a detriment to the quality of education in America.

Abolish it.

No disrespect intended toward you're mother, op.

I'm A Teacher. Here's Why I'm Cheering My New Freedom From Unions

I know exactly how she feels,my mother was a teacher for 15 years and went ABOVE and BEYOND her normal duties and she never got paid more for it. It was literally based on seniority which is BS...
Good for you. Negotiated benefits have always been a bad thing. I long for the good old days before child labor laws, weekends, vacations and 40 hour work weeks.

Hopefully, you'll finally be able to pay for your own healthcare and buy your own school supplies.

But hey, go see how awesome things aren’t union schools . Good luck having everything being decided by politics and connections .

Yeah, the school union will change that just for you....dumbass.

The Department of Education is a complete failure. A waste of money. It's unconstitutional. And it's a detriment to the quality of education in America.

Abolish it.

No disrespect intended toward you're mother, op.
I'm with you. Stupid people coming from overseas who have had the nerve to call US education the best in the world. Obviously, it hasn't worked for the GOP. Course, they never wanted to go, but that's no excuse.

foreign countries sending their children to american high schools

1 person in a HUGE union won't change anything. There is NO WAY a union is going to allow its members to be paid/promoted/fired based on the ACTUAL WORK they do. Now that can happen thankfully! Merit based should ALWAYS be the rule.

I know exactly how she feels,my mother was a teacher for 15 years and went ABOVE and BEYOND her normal duties and she never got paid more for it. It was literally based on seniority which is BS...
Good for you. Negotiated benefits have always been a bad thing. I long for the good old days before child labor laws, weekends, vacations and 40 hour work weeks.

Hopefully, you'll finally be able to pay for your own healthcare and buy your own school supplies.

Lol...as usual leftists take things to the EXTREME far end of the spectrum....like a chicken running around with its head cut off...that's something else my mother did she ALWAYS bought her own school supplies and they ONLY paid her back for a tiny portion of it. I remember it well because I used to go with her to buy the stuff.

1 person in a HUGE union won't change anything. There is NO WAY a union is going to allow its members to be paid/promoted/fired based on the ACTUAL WORK they do. Now that can happen thankfully! Merit based should ALWAYS be the rule.

Lol...as usual leftists take things to the EXTREME far end of the spectrum....like a chicken running around with its head cut off...that's something else my mother did she ALWAYS bought her own school supplies and they ONLY paid her back for a tiny portion of it. I remember it well because I used to go with her to buy the stuff.
Well good. Now it will be official.

Funny you called "extreme" and then pretty much quoted what I said.

Thanks, I needed the laugh.

I wasn't kidding about the healthcare. Without representation, you accept what they offer or go elsewhere. A teacher should know the obvious. Or else, what kind of teacher are they?

Quit falling down the well...
Unions don’t have people’s best interests in mind… Only a handful of people at the top benefit from unions

Yeah, the school union will change that just for you....dumbass.

I call bullflop on “seniority only” claim.

And if there’s a place you need a union. It’s in schools . School administrators are super political.

Unions don’t have people’s best interests in mind… Only a handful of people at the top benefit from unions
Right...no pay raises, no health benefits, no legal protection for members......none of that really exists. :71:

Total BS .

I know a lot of people who are teachers . They are the ones who care about the kids while admin cares about funding and keeping psycho parents out of their office .

The best way for people to appreciate their freedom from having to join a union is to free them from any of those onerous "benefits" of collective bargaining.
I've worked in Union shops and believe me they ain't that great if you're not a person who wants to do the bare minimum of work required.

Last edited:

The left always scare people it's going to go back 100 years without them. Uh no, that's not how it works, teachers without unions would then bargain for their own salaries like everyone else.
If you have something more than a min wage job, many times and employer will ask you what salary you expect.
I've talked about benefits during an interview or sometimes after they propose an offer, i'll ask before I accept.
that means I go over salary, vacation, health insurance, retirement plans and any other benefits.
I've never been in a union, I've always done it myself, and I like where I'm at as a Business Analyst.

Total BS .

I know a lot of people who are teachers . They are the ones who care about the kids while admin cares about funding and keeping psycho parents out of their office .
I know lots of teachers as well, and no the unions don't give a fuck, now the teachers do. To teach you do have to have some passion, because it's a rough job, so I do think most teachers care, but some union rep does not. It's just a con game they run.

Forum List

Back