Illinois Has 1,800 MORE Units of Government than Second Place Texas!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Illinois is first (or close to first) in many things that are well BAD!!! Highest income tax on the middle class, highest corporate tax in the WORLD, highest sales tax (in Cook County - the by far largest in the state and includes Chicago) in the country, 2nd highest property taxes, top five highest gas, tobacco and utility taxes. None of these victories are good.

HOWEVER, the cause of all of these is the WORSE category we lead in! Illinois has the most units of local/state government (6,963 to be exact) than any other state and we beat 2nd place Texas by over 1,800 units (TX has 5,147). We beat CA by of 2,500 units and we beat 5th place KS by over 3,000 units. It's insanity. Bases on population, size and infrastructure there is ZERO reason we should be ahead of TX, CA, NY or FL and we are DESTROYING THEM!

This is extremely expensive to maintain and is ripe with corruption and waste. Hence the phrase the "Chicago Way." We waste so much and the Democrats that run the state don't do a DAMN thing about it, except tax us more into oblivion!

http://www.illinoispolicy.org/wp-content/files_mf/1384372675Too_much_gov.pdf

So when you hear Gov Quinn state that we need to make the "temporary" income tax increase permanent (to go along with the 2nd highest property tax, highest sales tax and top 5 highest gas tax in the country) because of course it's for the children keep this in mind. Tell him you are a liar, theft and scum-bag.

He should be stating we tax too high and we spend too much. Here is what I am going to do: (1) Lower income taxes back to 3% now and 2% by 2016, (2) I am going to immediately call for a decrease in everyone property taxes by XXX% starting in 2015, (3) I will lower the corporate tax to XXX% to get business coming and not going to IL, (4) and I will get the sales tax lowered to 5% and I will do this all by (A) Cutting out 3,000 units of local government and (B) Passing MEANINGFUL pension reform and protects current retirees and ones close to retirement (plus ones that have contributed for years), while shifting new and younger employees to individual 401K and IRAs.

Lastly keep in mind this mammoth level of government costs us directly in other ways:
"The average Illinoisan resides in an area that has at least
six layers of local government including county, township,
municipality, both a primary and secondary level school district,
and a community college district."

Wow, thats alot of government, can they just kick chicago out and make it its own state?

All those government pensions are the lion that is going to take down the antelope that is the Illinois taxpayer.

I just don't see how anybody can complain about Illinois and their spending habits. I mean, how can you live without this program.....?

Illinois Spending $1,166 Per Bird To Bring In Prairie Chickens

Lesser_Prairie_Chicken.jpg

Illinois tax payers are on the hook for the relocation of prairie chickens and Durbin wants more money for the Obama library.

Via Watchdog

Cash-strapped state government has found a new use for its fleet of aircraft – flying birds into Illinois.

I kid you not.

State aircraft are flying to Kansas and transporting prairie chickens back to the Land of Lincoln.

And at a time state lawmakers are looking at raising the state income tax, Illinois state employees have been hiking across Kansas trapping these chickens.

Talk about fowl fiscal deeds.

State pilots have flown between Illinois and Kansas not once, not twice but 14 times this year taking prairie chickens to downstate Jasper and Marion counties.

“Illinois is the Prairie State and prairie chickens are an endangered species here, so we thought it would be a good idea to bring them back,” said Scott Simpson, site manager for Prairie Ridge State Natural Area in Newton, Ill.

The feds are chipping in $337,000 toward the program and the state will pay $117,000. Some of the cost to state government may be offset by private fundraising done by the Audubon Society, Simpson said.

That puts the total cost of the program at $455,000 for the next three years.

That’s hardly chicken scratch.

At a time when both our federal and state government are running massive deficits, is this really the best use of taxpayer money?

So far this year, the state has relocated 50 cocks and 41 hens. That puts the cost of the program at $1,166 per bird.

You gotta be a special kind of stupid to vote dimocrap

I'm suprised to see Texas up there.

We are quite a large state though, and our taxes are still not to bad.

If we can keep the democrooks suppressed we should stay solvent.

We don't have a State income tax, Illinois does.

You are still 1800 less than IL and size does matter in cases of government agencies. TX is the largest state in the union with the second largest population. It has an excuse. But you also don't have an income or corporate tax. The sales tax is reasonable and your property taxes are middle of the road.

Texas should be the poster boy that all other states try to be like!

Wow, thats alot of government, can they just kick chicago out and make it its own state?

Chicago is a great city! However, like ALL large cities the mindless Democrat votes that have a ton of rank and file on the government tit consistently vote in more and more corrupt Democrats who continue to rape and pillage the city. Sorry to say this is most caused by the uneducated, lack of work ethnic and plain lazy inner city black voter!

Forum List

Back