Ilegal vs. Undocumented Immigrants

Is there a difference?
If not, is the name change for Political Correctness or for Literal Correctness?
What reform is needed on immigration?
Yes, there is a difference.

Undocumented immigrants have their immigration status pending for a final determination, or are awaiting trial.

Illegal immigrants have been found guilty in a court of law of entering the country absent authorization.

Is there a difference?
If not, is the name change for Political Correctness or for Literal Correctness?
it's just correct use of language.
a person that has illegally immigrated does not themselves somehow become illegal - just as a speeder isn't an illegal driver.
further, it would be inaccurate to say all undocumented immigrants immigrated illegally, as some did so legally and overstayed their visas.

so i think you'll see in news reports the terms undocumented immigrant or undocumented alien simply because that language is more correct.
A driver without a license is an illegal driver

An immigrant without a valid visa or a green card is an illegal immigrant

Immigration should be halted for at least ten years... borders secured and the as many as practical of the one's here illegally, deported.
I doubt your corporate masters would like that...

Do you have a list of corporations that employ illegal aliens? If so, would you post it so they could be raided and the illegals and the CEO prosecuted for violating the law. Or are you just making shit up?

Is there a difference?
Yes, there is a difference.

Undocumented immigrants have their immigration status pending for a final determination, or are awaiting trial.

Illegal immigrants have been found guilty in a court of law of entering the country absent authorization.

Thanks! What do you call the ones that came across the border illegally and haven't been caught?

Illegal Immigration lead to Illegal Immigrant - it changed because people are thin skinned and obsess on irrelevant things.... awwww hurt your feelings? poor baby, here's a pacifier....
and , Thin Skinned is why I use the term 'Illegal Alien' Bonzi !!

The argument has been made, however, that illegal immigrants allow us to enjoy goods, cheaper.
That stopping it would crush the economy.

Thoughts?

What goods would that be?

The argument was elsewhere.... I think fresh produce was the main thing.. will find and copy and past here...

"So is it less illegal to cross a border without following process or to profit personally from that act? I suppose you buy fruit. The artificially low price of produce in the US is a direct and undeniable result of what you call illegal activity. So are you also breaking the law by benefiting from the crime? How about the big farming companies who profit in the billions and then give their illegal profits from undocumented workers to right wing a$$hat politicians who then skirt right up to the line of racism in their xenophobic rants?

As to the hateful aspect of it, maybe we should ask a Mexican American how this rhetoric sounds to them? Oh wait, we did hear from one in this thread and she said straight up, why don't you just call me a wetback b!tch? No racist thinks what they say is wrong or else they wouldn't be a racist.

But to the larger issue here of pulling one's head from their rectal cavity and being real about this issue (like our very wise president has done with his Immigration action) and understanding that "deporting everyone" is not even close to smart or possible, here is some reality from places that have tried to do it:
Immigration laws in Arizona and Alabama come at a great economic cost | TIME.com "

74978e57-5170-4471-9830-4b4cfd3df23a.png

The argument has been made, however, that illegal immigrants allow us to enjoy goods, cheaper.

Thoughts?

The argument was elsewhere.... I think fresh produce was the main thing.. will find and copy and past here...

"So is it less illegal to cross a border without following process or to profit personally from that act? I suppose you buy fruit. The artificially low price of produce in the US is a direct and undeniable result of what you call illegal activity. So are you also breaking the law by benefiting from the crime? How about the big farming companies who profit in the billions and then give their illegal profits from undocumented workers to right wing a$$hat politicians who then skirt right up to the line of racism in their xenophobic rants?

As to the hateful aspect of it, maybe we should ask a Mexican American how this rhetoric sounds to them? Oh wait, we did hear from one in this thread and she said straight up, why don't you just call me a wetback b!tch? No racist thinks what they say is wrong or else they wouldn't be a racist.

But to the larger issue here of pulling one's head from their rectal cavity and being real about this issue (like our very wise president has done with his Immigration action) and understanding that "deporting everyone" is not even close to smart or possible, here is some reality from places that have tried to do it:
Immigration laws in Arizona and Alabama come at a great economic cost | TIME.com "

There have been provisions for in the immigration law for decades allowing laborers to come to the states and harvest crops and then return home. The wages they made in many cases would last the rest of the year in Mexico.

Thoughts?

Actually, no. All a never ending pool of unskilled workers willing to work for next to nothing does is drive down wages. Look at Australia, they have a very tight immigration policy; you must fill a demonstrable need in order to immigrate. As such, the minimum wage in Australia is on average about $14/hour.
Who in the world wants to move to Australia? The only border they need to watch is the tip closes the Papua New Guinea. I know people that lives there.

Thoughts?

There have been provisions for in the immigration law for decades allowing laborers to come to the states and harvest crops and then return home. The wages they made in many cases would last the rest of the year in Mexico.
They called it Braceros from Mexico which works well from what I heard. There's also the H2 which also called agricultural seasonal workers. However H2 people from India and Philippines are different story. These people are not really farmers but educated. They did not come here all the way to pick up cabbage but seek other opportunities than farming. So they disappear and mixed with the society thus becoming illegal. I do NOT have a link to supply you but this is really happening. Just remember you heard it first from me. BTW I've witnessed this.

Thoughts?

They called it Braceros from Mexico which works well from what I heard. There's also the H2 which also called agricultural seasonal workers. However H2 people from India and Philippines are different story. These people are not really farmers but educated. They did not come here all the way to pick up cabbage but seek other opportunities than farming. So they disappear and mixed with the society thus becoming illegal. I do NOT have a link to supply you but this is really happening. Just remember you heard it first from me. BTW I've witnessed this.

I don't doubt your word, but how do they 'disappear'?

Thoughts?

I don't doubt your word, but how do they 'disappear'?
Normally you caged these people so they don't defect. Before they even arrived here they already contacted their own relatives. From there they disappear. Sometimes relatives pick them up at the airport before they even see their sponsors.

Illegal Aliens - some 12,000,000 invaders currently present upon United States soil without our express and prior consent - are rather like a plague of locusts.

They destroy the Wage Scale and related Standard of Living for every industry and niche that they touch.

Republican vote-whore politicians pander to the Hispanic community on this issue because they want the flow of Cheap (near-slave) Labor to continue unabated.

Democratic vote-whore politicians pander to the Hispanic community on this issue because they want legions of grateful future Democratic voters.

Meanwhile, these Illegal Aliens keep popping-out fresh puppies on US soil by the mega-litter - a.k.a. Anchor Babies.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back