Ildris Elba: 'I am not a 'Black Actor'

Denzel Washington also just wants to be defined as an actor. He is one of the best in the business in my opinion.
Same with Morgan Freeman who said - to his face - to Don Lemon his assertion was bullshit.
The fact is most top actors who happen to be black, don't want to be separated by the lefts identity politics.

Same with Morgan Freeman who said - to his face - to Don Lemon his assertion was bullshit.
The fact is most top actors who happen to be black, don't want to be separated by the lefts identity politics.
Yes, I think actors should be referred to as actors.....not woman actors, male actors, young actors, old actors, gay actors, etc....just actors....not conservative actors, liberal actors, etc, etc, etc

It's good to see right-wingers agree with him there...

Thank you for demonstrating you and Democrats are the party of derogatory, divisive LABELS, who call parents who disagree with your targeting of their children 'terrorists', who call those who disagree with you 'racists', and who not only call actors like Elba 'BLACK Actors' but call Consetvatives who are black 'Uncle Toms'. Biden even called young black men 'predators'.

Don't start trying to act now like the original party of the KKK, Democrats who were exposed through leaked DNC e-mails as being misogynists / Islamophobes / homophobes / anti-semites / racists, have suddenly changed who they are at their very core.

Sure...so in the future, you fragile minded right wingers won't be whining if Idris plays James Bond now, right??

Because y'all really had your KKK panties in a bunch when it was first reported...
When Progs never stop ringing up the past in history and then change the players involved it is stupid and people stop believing. Even entertainment. Having African Americans in Viking movies is an example. The people in Minnesota seem to be more of the Woody Allen variety today anyway instead of the hearty stock from Norse legends.

View attachment 756806
"I am not a 'Black Actor'."

:clap:

I can't believe he actually received backlash from this and had to defend his comment.

Attempting to label him a 'black actor', as he explains, is an attempt to put him in a 'racial box'.

He is an ACTOR. His race does not define what he does.

As he points out, no one says they are a black architect or a black heart surgeon. They say they are an architect or a heart surgeon.

Ildris Elba is an ACTOR...and a damn good one!

He is right. he is an actor

Forum List

Back