Ildris Elba: 'I am not a 'Black Actor'

View attachment 756806
"I am not a 'Black Actor'."

:clap:

I can't believe he actually received backlash from this and had to defend his comment.

Attempting to label him a 'black actor', as he explains, is an attempt to put him in a 'racial box'.

He is an ACTOR. His race does not define what he does.

As he points out, no one says they are a black architect or a black heart surgeon. They say they are an architect or a heart surgeon.

Ildris Elba is an ACTOR...and a damn good one!

He's rejecting the racist divisions and classifications the left is constantly pushing.
He's not rejecting them. He's feeling an effect. Movies with black actors are likely woke and no one wants to see woke.

He was once supposed to be cast as a black and woke James Bond. He's trying to run from that.

Yet here is a thread brought up by a conserve-hate-ive about...you guessed it...race.
/———/ So, you’re claiming democRATs never play the race card….
1676470227617.png

Yet here is a thread brought up by a conserve-hate-ive about...you guessed it...race.
All you have to do is stop it. the media and entertainers and elites who make this never ending. It is so woke that entertainment has slipped in quality. And anything that goes into the mean white past is skewered to diversity or the actor/actresses involved are the beautiful people in eras where there was not that much. We can enjoy entertainment without this.

Weird that conservatives are applauding someone who doesn’t want to identify with a race when they attack people who don’t want to identify with a gender.

View attachment 756806
"I am not a 'Black Actor'."

:clap:

I can't believe he actually received backlash from this and had to defend his comment.

Attempting to label him a 'black actor', as he explains, is an attempt to put him in a 'racial box'.

He is an ACTOR. His race does not define what he does.

As he points out, no one says they are a black architect or a black heart surgeon. They say they are an architect or a heart surgeon.

Ildris Elba is an ACTOR...and a damn good one!

It's good to see right-wingers agree with him there...

So if he ends up being casted as James Bond, you folks shouldn't be complaining much....because him being a black actor really seemed to matter to you folks then...

I like this actor's take on it...

“Star Wars” alum John Boyega recently took to Twitter to tell his followers that Elba’s detractors were having the wrong takeaway from his comment. "I think we should fixate on who is typecasting and putting actors in boxes because of this,” Boyega wrote. “Not on making weird adjustments for them. We continuously focus on what we have to do so they don’t do this or that. Very worrying. We BLACK and that’s that.”

It's good to see right-wingers agree with him there...

So if he ends up being casted as James Bond, you folks shouldn't be complaining much....because him being a black actor really seemed to matter to you folks then...

I like this actor's take on it...

“Star Wars” alum John Boyega recently took to Twitter to tell his followers that Elba’s detractors were having the wrong takeaway from his comment. "I think we should fixate on who is typecasting and putting actors in boxes because of this,” Boyega wrote. “Not on making weird adjustments for them. We continuously focus on what we have to do so they don’t do this or that. Very worrying. We BLACK and that’s that.”

It's cast. The correct use is cast. You don't "casted" a vote, a fishing line or get "casted" in a role

CAST

Forum List

Back