If You Could Participate In Any ...

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Olympic event, you had all the training you need, which one would it be and why?

I'm watching the women's curling and thinking that would be one of the least harsh events on your body both training for it and actually doing it for a long time.

I also love figure skating but I know how rough that can be on your bones and also falls can put you out of commission for long periods of time.

Which did you dream of doing or would you want to do?

I like the one where they ski with a rifle on their back, stop, shoot, ski, repeat. Cool.
Biathalon.

Biathlon_4.jpg

I went cross country skiing in Canada once but just didn't keep up with it after that but I really had fun. We went ten miles the first time. It was a great experience. Beautiful terrain.

I went cross country skiing in Canada once but just didn't keep up with it after that but I really had fun. We went ten miles the first time. It was a great experience. Beautiful terrain.

Ten miles in cross country is impressive. I tried it a couple of years ago, went around the track which was about a half a mile and was exhausted. I quickly went back to the downhill!!

Ten miles in cross country is impressive. I tried it a couple of years ago, went around the track which was about a half a mile and was exhausted. I quickly went back to the downhill!!

It was hard work and when it was over, I headed straight to our room and took a hot shower, ordered room service and went to bed. It was cold but you break a sweat.

Forum List

Back