If this isn't a Racially motivated "Hate Crime", then there is no such thing...

If a poor person steals from a rich person because they hate rich people.

Hate crime?

Opposition to hate crime legislation under the red herring of "thought crimes" or whatever other deflection that is thrown up, is nothing more than support of those who commit hate crimes.

BS. The opposition comes from the fact that every victim deserves to be treated equally and to see justice regardless of who the perpetrators are and there reasons for committing the crime. Why on earth should a straight man who is beaten by two hoodlums see less justice dealt than a gay man beaten by the same two hoods simply because they used a particular slur while beating the gay man?

Immie

Is there a faction of Americans who think "hate crime" legislation is the answer to insane acts of assault? It's a crime to beat anyone into unconsciousness. Why should the penalties be more severe for beating one person than another person?

Last I read it sounded most likely the cause of the fight was stupid jealousy over Polis speaking to one of the girl's boyfriends. It escalated from there and it is really hard to tell now if this was because the woman is transgendered or if that just added fuel to the fire.

:confused:

Last I read it sounded most likely the cause of the fight was stupid jealousy over Polis speaking to one of the girl's boyfriends. It escalated from there and it is really hard to tell now if this was because the woman is transgendered or if that just added fuel to the fire.

Tranny says it was about Race...

Evidence says the same.

:)

peace...

Evidence says the same.

peace...
I say you're an asshole.

Evidence says the same.

It must be true.

Evidence says the same.

peace...
I say you're an asshole.

Evidence says the same.

It must be true.

When the Facts Counter how you would Like Life to be, do you always Respond with Anger?...

You should get Counseling, Ravi... Not a Joke or a Slam. :thup:

peace...

I have to Assume you Watched this, and your Lack of Outrage at was FAR from a "Fight" is Telling...

You are a Sad person, Ravi.

Your Continued Attempt to not Apply Hate Crimes Laws in an Equal and Fair way is also Illustrative of what you and people like you are really all about.

Don't Breed. :thup:

peace...

:rolleyes:

Prove it was racially motivated, dope. None of the comments from the video or from Polis's original statement video remotely smacks of a racial motivation.

Why don't you go to the inner city and start yelling "******" while one of your friends films the ensuing result...post it on youtube and then we can all decide if it was racially motivated.

:thup:

Evidence says the same.

peace...

I'd like a link for that, sir. Because what I'm reading points otherwise:

Polis told the newspaper that after she used the restroom, "They said, 'That's a dude, that's a dude and she's in the female bathroom.'"

Polis said she was confronted by a girl who spat in her face and accused Polis of talking to "my man." Polis said another girl then also spat on her face, and that they then beat and kicked her, pulled her by the hair and tore off her earrings.

"They really hurt me really

Chrissy Lee Polis, Victim In Maryland McDonald's Attack, Alleges Hate Crime

Maybe I'm missing something?

:rolleyes:

Prove it was racially motivated, dope. None of the comments from the video or from Polis's original statement video remotely smacks of a racial motivation.

Why don't you go to the inner city and start yelling "******" while one of your friends films the ensuing result...post it on youtube and then we can all decide if it was racially motivated.

Why do you try so Hard, Ravi?...

It's Tragic how Idiotic you look at this point.

peace...

McDonald's Beating Video Goes Viral Online; Transgender Groups To Protest | wusa9.com

^Yet putting on her being a Tranny makes all the sense in the World?...

Right.

If those girls Thought she was a Tranny, they would have been Firing off "Faggot" and calling her a Dude...

They were Apparently Threatened by a "White Bitch" bein' all up on their Men...

But hey, whatever ends up getting the Most Press, and in that, the Most Money out of McDonalds...

Fire up the Lawsuits. :thup:

peace...

McDonald's Beating Video Goes Viral Online; Transgender Groups To Protest | wusa9.com

Right.

If those girls Thought she was a Tranny, they would have been Firing off "Faggot" and calling her a Dude...

But hey, whatever ends up getting the Most Press, and in that, the Most Money out of McDonalds...

peace...
They didn't call her a white bitch. You did.

What's "hate crime" legislation really about? Rational intelligent people should shudder when the federal (and state) government presumes to know what is in people's minds and decide that equal justice under the law doesn't apply. Lefties don't think the death penalty is a deterrent to murder so why should an additional penalty deter people from comitting assault? The short answer is that it doesen't. The so-called "hate crime" penalties are an emotional crutch for lefties. Adding a penalty to a crime based on the victim's color and sexual orientation is a feelgood emotional based concept. Why not consider that assault is always based on hate and let it go at that? Not enough votes in that scenario?

Your just trying to set him up because you know how extreamly violent blacks are.

Right?

Right.

peace...
They didn't call her a white bitch. You did.
Also, they didn't call her a "faggot" ... you did. They did call her a guy.

We've gotten into this before and I don't want to start another long back-and-forth about the merits of hate crimes. I just want to say I think you are very wrong in this statement.

As far as the OP, I would definitely think that it being a transgendered person was the motivating factor before race. Either (or neither) is possible, I just think it's more likely to have been about the transgender.

I know we have, and I don't want to either. My only point is, I have a lot of trouble figuring out (1) why or how anyone could oppose hate crime legislation in the first instance and (2) what the justification for opposing hate crime legislation is other than a desire to protect those who commit such crimes.

I recognize all of the arguments that are put forth (punishes thought, unconstitutional denial of equal protection, etc.). NONE of those arguments hold water. NONE of them. What we are left with is - let the good ole' boys have their fun whuppin' a little minority ass. Why punish them any more for it than anyone else?

It's kind of like opposing gay marriage. Why? What's the REAL reason. In both cases, it's simple - the authoritarian tendency to get off on sticking it to minorities.

Well, I would say a couple of things. First, hate crime legislation should not only protect minorities. Second, it seems to me it is more of an attempt to fix a broken sentencing system rather than a measure to increase punishment for those truly more culpable. In other words, the criminals are not being given long enough sentences and rather than directly address that, hate crime legislation increases sentencing for some offenders.

It has nothing to do with 'good ole' boys', at least for me. It just doesn't seem like justice to me for two criminals to receive different sentences just because bigotry is the motivation in one crime; it says to one of the victims that what they endured is less than the other. I would rather see all sentences increased than tell some victims what they endured is less deserving of punishment because their attacker was not motivated by the proper thoughts.

I hadn't intended to get into this discussion but I find it hard to stay silent. :) I'll try to avoid this thread and certainly avoid any more replies, at least if they are about the merits of hate crimes, because I know we can easily turn this into a drawn-out argument. :lol: I'm willing to agree to disagree and accept that, while you don't agree with my opinion, your opinion has valid points.

Fair enough. Let's leave it at that - for now. ;)

Your just trying to set him up because you know how extreamly violent blacks are.

Right?

I didn't say "******", Ravi did... Illustrative, in Deed, insn't it.

peace...

Hey Ravi, why do you Think the Tranny thought it was Racially Motivated?...

Why do you Think the Police are Likely to Charge the Girls in a Racially Motivated Hate Crime?...

Just Curious...

And Curious as to why you would try so hard to NOT see it that way.

I bet, if the Archives were Available, that your Take on the Duke "Rape" was quite Different. :thup:

peace...

What Polis thinks is immaterial to what actually happened. Her words, and the words on the video, do not suggest a racially motivated hate crime. They barely make a case for a transgender hate crime.

Cops do not bring charges. That one might have at one time thought this is a racially motivated crime just speaks to the same kneejerk, emotionally reactive "thinking" that you engage in.

Unlike you, I prefer the truth. I also am disturbed that you, like so many of the boards racists, make things up to prove something that isn't true. No one called Polis a white bitch except you. No one called her a faggot except you.

If anyone is guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt of hate crime, it is you.

Forum List

Back