If the U.S. Senate becomes a 50-50 tie - who will be majority leader?

Schumer. Because co breaks the tie.

But all committees are split 50/50 I believe?

So, if the Senate becomes a 50-50 tie with VP Harris as the tiebreaker - who will be in charge of the various committees - Democrats or Republicans?

So, if the Senate becomes a 50-50 tie with VP Harris as the tiebreaker - who will be in charge of the various committees - Democrats or Republicans?
If memory serves, Democrats.... Will lead committee chairs.

Trent Lott, and Tom Daschle were tied under Bush2 and Lott had control, repubs lead committee chairs....I think.....

Trent Lott, and Tom Daschle were tied under Bush2 and Lott had control, repubs lead committee chairs....I think.....

Your response seems contradictory to me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Let me read what you said, again! Brb.

Chances are the GOP will retain the Senate after the January elections...

That's not the OP question.

That is the reality of what will happen so your question is pointless...

Ask it after the January election...

The reality is the GOP will retain the Senate so your wish that Harris will have the final say in a 50/50 split Senate is not happening.

But if you need to know how it will work then review 2001 and you will get your answer how it will work.

Let me read what you said, again! Brb.

He's a stupid fuck...you need to talk more slowly.

No, it's not contradictory!

If tied in the Senate, the democrat will be majority leader because the
VP is the President of the Senate, breaking all ties and she would vote for a democratic leadership,

the committees will be evenly split party members, but the committee heads will be the same party, as the Majority Leader.

Chances are the GOP will retain the Senate after the January elections...

That's not the OP question.

That is the reality of what will happen so your question is pointless...

Ask it after the January election...

The reality is the GOP will retain the Senate so your wish that Harris will have the final say in a 50/50 split Senate is not happening.

But if you need to know how it will work then review 2001 and you will get your answer how it will work.

How could you possibly know how the Georgia runoff elections will turn out? There will be major dollars pouring into those two elections from Democrats.

No, it's not contradictory!

If tied in the Senate, the democrat will be majority leader because the
VP is the President of the Senate, breaking all ties and she would vote for a democratic leadership,

the committees will be evenly split party members, but the committee heads will be the same party, as the Majority Leader.

So, are you saying that Schumer would be the majority leader and the committee heads would be Democrats?

Forum List

Back