Zone1 If racism is the reason for blacks being poor, why are most blacks middle class and up?

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
I’ve asked this question within another thread, and repeatedly, but people who are blaming racism for blacks in poverty won’t answer, so I thought to make it a separate thread.

For background, I blame - primarily - the high out-of-wedlock birth rate (currently 72%), as it is well established that it correlates with poverty, and thus have suggested that blacks could improve the stats by reducing the OOW birthrate and staying in school. (For this, of course, I have been called every evil name in the book - “evil” being one of them - but mostly racist, racist, racist.)

My question remains: if blacks who remain mired in poverty are there due to racism, how do you explain that most blacks, like most whites, are not? (In my particular area, for example, most blacks are well-educated professionals, many living in McMansions.) Please, be honest with your answers, and do not be afraid to credit middle-class blacks with making good choices.

(The chart below shows that the percentage of blacks in poverty, while higher than other groups, is 19.5%. That means more than 80% of blacks are NOT in poverty. Again, how could such a large majority of blacks move beyond poverty if racism keeps them down?)

You could make a similar argument about whites who live in Appalachia or Mississippi

Why do they struggle in poverty for generation after generation?

The best answer seems to be that they live in an economic wasteland and either lack the resources to move or stay because of long term cultural or family connections

I’ve asked this question within another thread, and repeatedly, but people who are blaming racism for blacks in poverty won’t answer, so I thought to make it a separate thread.

For background, I blame - primarily - the high out-of-wedlock birth rate (currently 72%), as it is well established that it correlates with poverty, and thus have suggested that blacks could improve the stats by reducing the OOW birthrate and staying in school. (For this, of course, I have been called every evil name in the book - “evil” being one of them - but mostly racist, racist, racist.)

My question remains: if blacks who remain mired in poverty are there due to racism, how do you explain that most blacks, like most whites, are not? (In my particular area, for example, most blacks are well-educated professionals, many living in McMansions.) Please, be honest with your answers, and do not be afraid to credit middle-class blacks with making good choices.

(The chart below shows that the percentage of blacks in poverty, while higher than other groups, is 19.5%. That means more than 80% of blacks are NOT in poverty. Again, how could such a large majority of blacks move beyond poverty if racism keeps them down?)

I think intelligent people know the answer. White racism is largely a myth perpetuated by white liberals in order to sow division for their own power, money, and control. And this includes white leftwing politicians and media people. It's just pure evil.

You could make a similar argument about whites who live in Appalachia or Mississippi

The best answer seems to be that they live in an economic wasteland and either lack the resources to move or stay because of long term cultural or family connections
But the whites in Appalachia aren’t blaming other people - via accusations of racism - for their poverty. That’s the difference.

But your answer raises another point: if the reason for poverty is lack of family connections, how did the sons and daughters of all those impoverished, uneducated Jews coming here in the early 20th century end up successful, in the middle and upper-middle class? They were also raised in poverty, with no family connections.

Very few blacks that have escaped the poverty plantations buy into the systemic racism/white supremacy BS. They are smart enough to see through those lies &/or reason out what the actual stats & facts say.

They have stepped out into the world beyond govt dependency & gangsta culture to see there are opportunities for all if you are willing to put in the work to better your situation.

Many have as much disdain for the race baiters dividing their race as the white progressives have for the POC that leave the repression reservations

Very few blacks that have escaped the poverty plantations buy into the systemic racism/white supremacy BS. They are smart enough to see through those lies &/or reason out what the actual stats & facts say.

They have stepped out into the world beyond govt dependency & gangsta culture to see there are opportunities for all if you are willing to put in the work to better your situation.

Many have as much disdain for the race baiters dividing their race as the white progressives have for the POC that leave the repression reservations
Notice the left reserves it's worst vitriol for the black men who have escaped the liberal plantation. See how they single out Clarence Thomas.

The Tremendous Economist Dr. Thomas Sowell has a different idea on this, as he's traced Southern Honky and Ghetto Black culture to a single common ancestor.

22 years ago Larry Elder wrote a book called "10 things you can't say in America".
And one of those things was Black poverty and failure to reach the same level of every other race... is not due to racism, but a self defeating culture.
He included in that chapter several-several studies that were done, but no one heard of because the results were not as expected. Once the study was done, they were left with data. And when that data was examined - the answer was the same every time. When you compare blacks to white - evenly - their levels of failure and success is the same. Over and over.
When white kids grow up in a shitty neighborhood without a father - they fail overwhelmingly. When black kids grow up in decent neighborhood with both parents involved in their lives - their success rates is identical to the white kids.

It is the culture stupid.

The reason you're not getting the answer you want is because your premise is FALSE. It was FALSE the first time you made it, it's FALSE today and has been FALSE every day in between.

Your other problem is you keep substituting "choices" in place of "opportunities" which really should tell you what you keep pretending not to know and understand.

The reason you're not getting the answer you want is because your premise is FALSE. It was FALSE the first time you made it, it's FALSE today and has been FALSE every day in between.

Your other problem is you keep substituting "choices" in place of "opportunities" which really should tell you what you keep pretending not to know and understand.
You still aren’t answering the question.

Why are MOST blacks not in poverty if racism is the reason a minority of blacks are?

But your answer raises another point: if the reason for poverty is lack of family connections, how did the sons and daughters of all those impoverished, uneducated Jews coming here in the early 20th century end up successful, in the middle and upper-middle class? They were also raised in poverty, with no family connections.
The first black people arrived as slaves on the shores of your state, Virginia, over 400 years ago.

The Jewish people who fled to the U.S. to escape Hitler haven't even been in the U.S. for 100 years yet. So before your people even arrived, black people had already endured 300 years of lawful oppression, discrimination and segregation SOLELY BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK.

The Jewish people ARE NOT BLACK and no amount of whining or denials by you can ever change that fact, or our/your history.

You are confusing “a” reason with “the” reason
I did say “primarily” in my OP. The PRIMARY reason the blacks who remain in poverty do so is because of the high out-of-wedlock birthrate, and it’s correlation with poverty.

I wish there was a study that excluded middle class blacks - those with college educations - and compare the OOW birthrate among middle class blacks to the OOW birthrate to poor blacks. I bet the illegitimacy rate among poor blacks in closer to 90%, once you factor out the responsible middle-class blacks who made the right choice to delay babies until after marriage.

I did say “primarily” in my OP. The PRIMARY reason the blacks who remain in poverty do so is because of the high out-of-wedlock birthrate, and it’s correlation with poverty.

I wish there was a study that excluded middle class blacks - those with college educations - and compare the OOW birthrate among middle class blacks to the OOW birthrate to poor blacks. I bet the illegitimacy rate among poor blacks in closer to 90%, once you factor out the responsible middle-class blacks who made the right choice to delay babies until after marriage.
No, the primary reason is that they live in impoverished areas.

The lack of steady employment leads to a breakdown of families

You still aren’t answering the question.

Why are MOST blacks not in poverty if racism is the reason a minority of blacks are?
Lisa you obviously don't understand how racism works and I don't believe you're actually interested in learning or understanding how it does work because you are still trying to get an answer to a question that is not true.

You're stating as fact "racism is the reason a minority of blacks are [in poverty]". That is a claim that YOU'VE made (and keep repeating), no one else has stated this so why would you expect anyone to try to answer it if you can't or won't correct your initial premise.

Try rewording it.

The first black people arrived as slaves on the shores of your state, Virginia, over 400 years ago.

The Jewish people who fled to the U.S. to escape Hitler haven't even been in the U.S. for 100 years yet. So before your people even arrived, black people had already endured 300 years of lawful oppression, discrimination and segregation SOLELY BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK.

The Jewish people ARE NOT BLACK and no amount of whining or denials by you can ever change that fact, or our/your history.
None of that matters TODAY, or in the last two generations, even though you keep trying to make excuses for blacks who make poor choices.

So what if the Jews who escaped Jewish persecution in Europe haven’t even been here 100 years? That makes my point for me! One generation after arriving, and in the midst of antisemitism, they went from abject poverty to affluence. And this was done in spite of the 1950s anti-Jew quotas at colleges - the OPPOSITE of the pro-black quotas at colleges for two generations.

As far as whining, YOU are the one whining - that “oooh….blacks are poor because racism.” Man up and face the truth that blacks, with the right choices, make it to the middle class - and most have done so.

No, the primary reason is that they live in impoverished areas.

The lack of steady employment leads to a breakdown of families
No, that wouldn’t explain it. All those sons and daughters of impoverished Jewish immigrants during the Great Immigration lived in poor tenements in the Lower East Side and East New York. Still ended up with college educations, or successful small businesses.

And lack of steady employment? This was all done during the Great Depression.

Stop making excuses for the minority of blacks in poverty. They could correct it by reducing OOW birthrates to a more respectable level and placing a higher value on completing one’s education.

No, that wouldn’t explain it. All those sons and daughters of impoverished Jewish immigrants during the Great Immigration lived in poor tenements in the Lower East Side and East New York. Still ended up with college educations, or successful small businesses.

And lack of steady employment? This was all done during the Great Depression.

Stop making excuses for the minority of blacks in poverty. They could correct it by reducing OOW birthrates to a more respectable level and placing a higher value on completing one’s education.

The JEWS did it why can’t you?

This is where your premise of racism kicks in.
While there was prejudice against Jews, Christians would still go to Jewish Doctors and hire Jews

In THIS Country, Jews were not subjected to the systematic racism that blacks were

….and you are still not answering the question of the OP:

If racism is why blacks are poor, why then are 80% of blacks NOT poor?

Forum List

Back