If Obama wins in 2012, he will support gay marriage the day after

The good politics of gay marriage - The Washington Post

But he'd still be a coward. Why not support it now before he wins reelection? Because he's afraid he'd alienate some of his black supporters who are OVERWHELMINGLY against gay marriage. So he's picking votes over equality and you still love Obama no matter what?

Its not what you can do for gays, but what gays can do for you. :eusa_boohoo:

Votes are getting harder to buy everyday. Poor democrats..........

What does that say about the GOP whores who are getting bought every day by corporate America? :eusa_whistle:
About the same it says for the Dem whores who are getting bought every day by corporate America.

11 years ago, my state was the first to pass a law allowing civil unions. 11 years ago it was considered a radical step by our legislature, well left of mainstream America. Today, it's the fall back position of most rightwing politicians and numerous states allow outright marriage.

Public opinion and perception of the issue has evolved rather rapidly in a decade. I'm glad the President's views reflect that evolution.

Why is this even an issue? Last I checked, Obama was not a king. He runs the federal government. The federal government has defined and limited powers. Defining marriage isn't one of them (making the DOMA probably unconstitutional by the way). Aside from making speeches in support, and maybe appointing liberal judges, there's not much Obama can do to further marriage equality anyway.

Why is this even an issue? Last I checked, Obama was not a king. He runs the federal government. The federal government has defined and limited powers. Defining marriage isn't one of them (making the DOMA probably unconstitutional by the way). Aside from making speeches in support, and maybe appointing liberal judges, there's not much Obama can do to further marriage equality anyway.

That didn't stop congress from passing the unconstitutional insurance mandate.

He's being a smart politician. Win the election, then we can move forward on equality. Makes perfect sense to me.

By using deceit and flip flopping? I guess having principles isn't important, eh?

Where is the deceit or flip flopping? President Obama has been saying, for quite some time, that his position on marriage equality is evolving. I can accept that.

Marriage equality isn't a topic that needs to be front and center at the moment. Obama needs to win first and the right is already trying to drag out their tired old "bash the gays" rhetoric.

The Obama administration has been the most "gay friendly" administration we've ever had.

:rofl:

what a load of shit. he told gays he supported them when he needed their votes and then told them tough shit.

Obama Defends DOMA, Pisses Off Gay People - New York News - Runnin' Scared

i guess they're only hypocrites when they're wearing the other team's jersey, right?

What does that say about the GOP whores who are getting bought every day by corporate America? :eusa_whistle:
About the same it says for the Dem whores who are getting bought every day by corporate America.

Corporate Political Giving Swings Toward the GOP - WSJ.com

nice try

"Despite frosty relations with the titans of Wall Street, President Obama has still managed to raise far more money this year from the financial and banking sector than Mitt Romney or any other Republican presidential candidate, according to new fundraising data.

Obama’s key advantage over the GOP field is the ability to collect bigger checks because he raises money for both his own campaign committee and for the Democratic National Committee, which will aid in his reelection effort.

As a result, Obama has brought in more money from employees of banks, hedge funds and other financial service companies than all of the GOP candidates combined, according to a Washington Post analysis of contribution data."

Obama still flush with cash from financial sector despite frosty relations - The Washington Post

keep telling yourself he's different :lol:

:thup:

fool

nice try

"Despite frosty relations with the titans of Wall Street, President Obama has still managed to raise far more money this year from the financial and banking sector than Mitt Romney or any other Republican presidential candidate, according to new fundraising data.

Obama’s key advantage over the GOP field is the ability to collect bigger checks because he raises money for both his own campaign committee and for the Democratic National Committee, which will aid in his reelection effort.

As a result, Obama has brought in more money from employees of banks, hedge funds and other financial service companies than all of the GOP candidates combined, according to a Washington Post analysis of contribution data."

Obama still flush with cash from financial sector despite frosty relations - The Washington Post

fool

:lol:

My gawd. Partisan blindness is amusing.

Hey, I didn't say it. Take it up with the Conservative paper Wall Street Journal.

I know that they give the most to whoever's in power at the time but they also give to the party that best represents their interests. And that would be the GOP, right?

From the link.....

Wall Street executives opposed new financial-services regulations passed by Congress this year, mainly with support from Democrats, and signed into law by President Barack Obama.

But he'd still be a coward. Why not support it now before he wins reelection? Because he's afraid he'd alienate some of his black supporters who are OVERWHELMINGLY against gay marriage. So he's picking votes over equality and you still love Obama no matter what?

obama will never lose the black vote. He will lose the hispanic vote who really are overwhelmingly against same sex marriage.

nice try

fool

:lol:

My gawd. Partisan blindness is amusing.

Hey, I didn't say it. Take it up with the Conservative paper Wall Street Journal.

I know that they give the most to whoever's in power at the time but they also give to the party that best represents their interests. And that would be the GOP, right?

From the link.....

Wall Street executives opposed new financial-services regulations passed by Congress this year, mainly with support from Democrats, and signed into law by President Barack Obama.
I didn't say you didn't say it.

I said your partisan blindness is amusing.

well...one... it's because of imbeciles like you.
two... no... and regardless of what black voters think of gay marriage... they aren't voting for one of your rightwingnuts.

and it's not that they "love" the president...

Well... one... yes blacks will vote for obama because he's black. They're racists.
Two... and also because the left has 99% of all blacks indoctrinated into thinking that without their handouts, quotas, AA and welfare checks, they wouldn't be able to survive.

I hope that helped, although it probably didn't.

nice try

fool

From the link.....

Then if I didn't say it then there's no blind partisanship, right? I mean, that's what you based it on, right?

As much as I am an Obama supporter, you make a good point here. However, that's how politics work. I bet Gingrich would strike a deal just as good if he could.

Miss_Cleo.jpg

If Obama wins in 2012, he will support gay marriage the day after

From the link.....

Then if I didn't say it then there's no blind partisanship, right? I mean, that's what you based it on, right?
No, you are blind.

You cannot acknowledge that both parties are in the tank for corporations - "whores" as you said.

It's too hard for partisans to do.

two... no... and regardless of what black voters think of gay marriage... they aren't voting for one of your rightwingnuts.

Well... one... yes blacks will vote for obama because he's black. They're racists.
Two... and also because the left has 99% of all blacks indoctrinated into thinking that without their handouts, quotas, AA and welfare checks, they wouldn't be able to survive.

I simply cannot understand why the party of people like you cannot attract black voters.

11 years ago, my state was the first to pass a law allowing civil unions. 11 years ago it was considered a radical step by our legislature, well left of mainstream America. Today, it's the fall back position of most rightwing politicians and numerous states allow outright marriage.

Public opinion and perception of the issue has evolved rather rapidly in a decade. I'm glad the President's views reflect that evolution.

Yep...just like "DADT" was radical when Clinton introduced it....now it's the fallback position for the Far Right.

People are stupid if they don't see that the Country's attitudes are changing towards Gays.

I simply cannot understand why the party of people like you cannot attract black voters.

Making people re liant on the government hurts them, doesn't help them.

Forum List

Back