If I enter politics at $150k a year, and 20 years later I tell you I'm worth $120M, what do you say?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Just as an example, assuming I didn't enter politics with any noticeable wealth...

If you question how I earned that money on that salary, the next question is, "who is responsible for making sure I'm not selling influence and abusing my position?"

As long as you’re honest while you’re in the office and you do good for the country then who cares what you do once you’re no longer in office?

As long as you’re honest while you’re in the office and you do good for the country then who cares what you do once you’re no longer in office?

What if I am still in office? You're not concerned of immediate conflicts of interest, or worse? I suggest you should also be concerned AFTER you leave office if you obtain rapid wealth.

Just as an example, assuming I didn't enter politics with any noticeable wealth...

If you question how I earned that money on that salary, the next question is, "who is responsible for making sure I'm not selling influence and abusing my position?"
I don´t know what it is but it seems that people without noticeable wealth somehow don´t enter politics.

Last edited:

Well done! Way to embrace the American way!

Is there anything more crooked than the American political system?

If you buy a mansion for 7 million, and 20 years later claim it is worth 50 million...and then apply for a loan claiming it was worth 260 million in order to try to buy the Buffalo Bills...what would that be?

Looks like Trump did that

If you buy a mansion for 7 million, and 20 years later claim it is worth 50 million...and then apply for a loan claiming it was worth 260 million in order to try to buy the Buffalo Bills...what would that be?

I don't know the substance of your allegation, mine was theoretical, though you can apply it to anyone whom you see fit, if it replicates their own lifetime trajectory in politics.

So you're saying a lifetime of political power and influence and the selling of that influence is ok, businessmen trying to finagle a deal is evil?

Last edited:

I don´t know what it is but it seems that people without noticeable wealth somehow don´t enter politics.

That's an idiotic statement. Eisenhower had no wealth, neither did Nixon or Lincoln. Reagan had no money before or after he was President, even the Lying Cocksucker in Chief (obama) had little money. More than some but hardly wealthy (Dreams by Bill Ayers and no-show jobs for the Sasquatch). Clinton was all but broke until Ubercunt miraculously turned $1,000 into $100k in less than 4 weeks. (it's called 'parking' for you idiot dimocrap scum)

Men of modest means are less likely to get into politics because, well, it's kinda hard to hold down a full-time job and campaign 24-7-365.

But to think that only the wealthy run for office and win is idiotic.

Trump wasn't a politician or held political office when that financial transaction between him and the banks took place. ... :cool:

I don't know the substance of your allegation, mine was theoretical, though you can apply it to anyone whom you see fit if it replicates their own lifetime trajectory in politics.

So you're saying a lifetime of political power and influence and the selling of that influence is ok, businessmen trying to finagle a deal is evil?

I guess you didn't realize it...but the scenario I outlined would be a felony that gets most people caught in it doing years in jail. And it's not uncommon

I'd say being an elected tax payer Govt. tit sucking politician pays very well.

They don't want those losers in office only winners are rich....

We elect these people, absolutely insist they be "business friendly" and send them to Washington into the midst of thousands of industry lobbyists.

Forum List

Back