If Covid had never came along, how many states do you believe Trump would have won?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
First off let me state that one year ago, as we were beginning to ramp up for impeachment ( by the way, anyone remember that?) I felt with how the deck was so stacked against him, media, Dimocrat hysterics, etc, Trump would not be re-elected.

However, as we have progressed to this date, and the feebleness of Biden is so apparent, I feel it's crystal clear now that had Covid not come along, Trump would have cruised to re-election, barring anything else coming along.

I'm thinking he would have won 30-35 states.

First off let me state that one year ago, as we were beginning to ramp up for impeachment ( by the way, anyone remember that?) I felt with how the deck was so stacked against him, media, Dimocrat hysterics, etc, Trump would not be re-elected.

However, as we have progressed to this date, and the feebleness of Biden is so apparent, I feel it's crystal clear now that had Covid not come along, Trump would have cruised to re-election, barring anything else coming along.

Its really tough to say. Sleepy Joe probably wouldn't have been the opposing candidate if it wasn't for the coronavirus. Biden is the ideal COVID candidate, no pandemic and he would have been forced out of the Biden-Bunker a lot sooner and would have probably lost the nomination to Crazy Bernie.

Sanders' followers are pretty rabid, it would have been just a lot different campaign.

Presidents are defined by the crises that occur on their watch. Maybe republicans should have elected someone better suited to deal with them?

He won 30 states last time. If not for Covid he easily would have won upward of 35 I think. Democrats know that, this is why they have ridden Covid making it as bad for as many people as possible while beating the drum that it was all Trump's fault despite the fact that we are actually 53rd in the world in mortality and hardly anyone in the world is suffering less and last Spring, democrats pretty much took the issue out of TRump's hands saying they would go their own way!

And failed.

Presidents are defined by the crises that occur on their watch. Maybe republicans should have elected someone better suited to deal with them?

So are you then saying Butthole that the banking recession and meltdown defined Obama and Biden? In case you don't know, again, we are actually 53rd in the world in Covid mortality and hardly NO ONE is doing better with it! That and the fact that the democrats took the matter in their own hands last Spring and insisted this was a STATE matter THEY would handle as THEY saw fit.

So are you then saying Butthole that the banking recession and meltdown defined Obama and Biden? In case you don't know, again, we are actually 53rd in the world in Covid mortality and hardly NO ONE is doing better with it! That and the fact that the democrats took the matter in their own hands last Spring and insisted this was a STATE matter THEY would handle as THEY saw fit.
You can point at numbers all you want but Trump treated the pandemic like a political opponent that could be beaten with bluster and bullshit. We should all be thankful he didn't have to fight a war.

About the same amount he will win in the election. He and his supporters have done almost a Herculean job of driving off anyone who may have joined the cause.

Huh?

So you are saying that 180 countries must get rid of their leaders? Imagine you applied that to every tragedy in every nation.
Effective emergency management can immortalize the glowing legacy of a leader far beyond their lifetimes. Unfortunately for Trump bungling a crisis is remembered even longer.

Essentially as many as he would have won anyway. The difference is that he took a disaster out of which he could have led us, and lied about it, downplayed it, politicized it, attacked health professionals just trying to do their jobs, and even MOCKED Americans for merely trying to protect themselves and their loved ones.

Hell, he might have won MORE states if he hadn't shown himself to be such a national fucking disgrace as a leader through difficult times, choosing political sides and patting himself on the back while AMERICANS were dying.

He could have been a hero. Instead, he chose to go all Hannity on us.

Last edited:

You can point at numbers all you want but Trump treated the pandemic like a political opponent that could be beaten with bluster and bullshit. We should all be thankful he didn't have to fight a war.

The Top 20 Lies About Trump's Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic

LINK

Well, Trump has made sure that fighting wars has been not necessary, unlike any POTUS since the 70's.

As for C19, let us reflect on the words of the exalted Dr. Fauci himself.

• Dr. Fauci: “I don’t recall anything different than in our discussions that we had with the president that he said things quite similar publicly… In my discussions, and in the discussions of other Task Force members with the president, we’re talking about the reality of what was going on and then when we would get up in front of the press conferences, which were very, very common after our discussions with the president, he really didn’t say anything different than we discussed when we were with him… I didn’t really see any discrepancies between what he told us and what we told him and what he ultimately came out publicly and said.” (09/09/2020)
  • When he was asked if he agrees that “the Task Force and the President took the outbreak very seriously from the beginning,” Dr. Fauci responded, “Yes.” (09/23/2020)
So really, screw all of the Fake News bullshit and democrap money being pumped into some horrid C19 failure for our POTUS. Eat the whole bag of em, fella. :fu:

Alt Thread Title: If Trump could have just coasted on Obama’s coattails and tweeted how many states would he have won?!?

Well, Trump has made sure that fighting wars has been not necessary, unlike any POTUS since the 70's.

As for C19, let us reflect on the words of the exalted Dr. Fauci himself.

• Dr. Fauci: “I don’t recall anything different than in our discussions that we had with the president that he said things quite similar publicly… In my discussions, and in the discussions of other Task Force members with the president, we’re talking about the reality of what was going on and then when we would get up in front of the press conferences, which were very, very common after our discussions with the president, he really didn’t say anything different than we discussed when we were with him… I didn’t really see any discrepancies between what he told us and what we told him and what he ultimately came out publicly and said.” (09/09/2020)
  • When he was asked if he agrees that “the Task Force and the President took the outbreak very seriously from the beginning,” Dr. Fauci responded, “Yes.” (09/23/2020)
So really, screw all of the Fake News bullshit and democrap money being pumped into some horrid C19 failure for our POTUS. Eat the whole bag of em, fella. :fu:

History will not be kind to Trump. His administration certainly did things about the pandemic (usually under pressure) but he himself treated it all like a plot against him.

Forum List

Back