If combat operations are over in Iraq

:eusa_hand: Not too bright. Must be a toy soldier :eusa_hand:

Why are our troops still having patrols? Why hasn't the main stream media reported it?

NASSIRIYA - A roadside bomb exploded near a U.S. military patrol, wounding seven civilians, including one child, in southern Nassiriya, 300 km (185 miles) southeast of Baghdad, provincial police chief Sabah al-Fatlawi said.

Reuters AlertNet - FACTBOX-Security developments in Iraq, Sept 21

Dear dopey, the main stream media has reported it. :lol:

I guess you have issues with the brave men and women in our military command who declared combat operations to be over.

September 22, 2010

On August 30, a convoy of combat troops from the 4th Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, drove across the Iraq-Kuwait border, marking the official end of combat operations in Iraq.

The troop pullout, however, does not mean the end of a U.S. military presence in Iraq. About 50,000 troops will stay behind until at least December 31 of next year.
The Fresh Air Interview: Journalist Anthony Shadid - 'What Happens To Iraq Now?' : NPR

Someone ,,,to neg your ass for being stupid for neging me for posting the link I used.

should be reported, but I don't play...

btw, name a continuing combat operation?

:lol:

friggin' rep pussy

I think I am more knowlegable in this area then most here.

saveliberty has pointed out that bigred can't spelt. :lol:

puppetscoffeshop0.jpg

:eusa_hand: Not too bright. Must be a toy soldier :eusa_hand:

Dear dopey, the main stream media has reported it. :lol:

I guess you have issues with the brave men and women in our military command who declared combat operations to be over.

September 22, 2010

On August 30, a convoy of combat troops from the 4th Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, drove across the Iraq-Kuwait border, marking the official end of combat operations in Iraq.

The troop pullout, however, does not mean the end of a U.S. military presence in Iraq. About 50,000 troops will stay behind until at least December 31 of next year.
The Fresh Air Interview: Journalist Anthony Shadid - 'What Happens To Iraq Now?' : NPR

Someone ,,,to neg your ass for being stupid for neging me for posting the link I used.

friggin' rep pussy

I'm just saying you do not know what the fuck you are talking about. Hell you don't even know what the discussion is about. take your shit back to your mothers basement.

Why are our troops still having patrols? Why hasn't the main stream media reported it?

NASSIRIYA - A roadside bomb exploded near a U.S. military patrol, wounding seven civilians, including one child, in southern Nassiriya, 300 km (185 miles) southeast of Baghdad, provincial police chief Sabah al-Fatlawi said.

Apparently you do not understand the Military's new mission in Iraq.
Unfortunately we do not control everyone in Iraq.

Which has been the problem all along.

So what is the mission ?

Iraq mission:

To turn a failed mission into dignified retreat.

To keep a power imbalance in the Middle East.

To not increase the umemployed in the US by retasking combat troops.

To create a politically acceptable clean war.

So what is the mission ?

U.S. Mission Facts & Figures

friggin' rep pussy

I'm just saying you do not know what the fuck you are talking about. Hell you don't even know what the discussion is about. take your shit back to your mothers basement.

:eek:

Sorry reb, my bitch stalker ran in here looking for me. Probably will happen from time to time.

So I guess they are really not over.

U.S. troops fight on despite end to combat in Iraq

BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Since President Barack Obama declared an end to combat operations in Iraq, U.S. troops have waged a gun battle with a suicide squad in Baghdad, dropped bombs on armed militants in Baquba and assisted Iraqi soldiers in a raid in Falluja.

Obama's announcement on August 31 has not meant the end of fighting for some of the 50,000 U.S. military personnel remaining in Iraq 7-1/2 years after the invasion that removed Saddam Hussein.

"Our rules of engagement have not changed. Iraq does remain from time to time a dangerous place, so when our soldiers are attacked they will return fire," said Brigadier General Jeffrey Buchanan, a U.S. military spokesman.

The American role in Iraq's battle to quell a tenacious Islamist insurgency has been waning since security in cities and towns was handed over to Iraqi police and soldiers in June 2009.

Officially, U.S. forces remain in Iraq to "advise, train and assist."

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE68N18420100924

Last edited by a moderator:

BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Since President Barack Obama declared an end to combat operations in Iraq, U.S. troops have waged a gun battle with a suicide squad in Baghdad, dropped bombs on armed militants in Baquba and assisted Iraqi soldiers in a raid in Falluja.

Obama's announcement on August 31 has not meant the end of fighting for some of the 50,000 U.S. military personnel remaining in Iraq 7-1/2 years after the invasion that removed Saddam Hussein.

"Our rules of engagement have not changed. Iraq does remain from time to time a dangerous place, so when our soldiers are attacked they will return fire," said Brigadier General Jeffrey Buchanan, a U.S. military spokesman.

The American role in Iraq's battle to quell a tenacious Islamist insurgency has been waning since security in cities and towns was handed over to Iraqi police and soldiers in June 2009.

U.S. troops fight on despite end to combat in Iraq | Reuters

As long as there are troups there they will be forced to fight.

:eusa_shhh:

"Today, at the end of Operation Iraqi Freedom, 4,427 American service members have died in Iraq, 3,502 of them killed in action; 34,265 have been wounded or injured," Gates said at the American Legion convention in Milwaukee.

Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Evening Buzz: Combat Mission Over in Iraq - CNN.com Blogs

"Today, at the end of Operation Iraqi Freedom, 4,427 American service members have died in Iraq, 3,502 of them killed in action; 34,265 have been wounded or injured," Gates said at the American Legion convention in Milwaukee.

Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Evening Buzz: Combat Mission Over in Iraq - CNN.com Blogs

TV said it, it must be true huh Dante. Also, take a hint form Cooper, we don't count dead soldiers from here out.

TV said it, it must be true huh Dante. Also, take a hint form Cooper, we don't count dead soldiers from here out.

They haven't counted since Bush left office

CountofTuscany, Spoonman, et al,

Ground Truth, as described by Political-Military Bureaucrats, and agenda driven Diplomats, are often twisted to project the image that is most favorable to the goal and situation that best fits.

Luckily for these folks, they don't have to answer to an Honor Court.

Yes, you're correct, the nature of the military withdraw is more to fit the drama associated with the White House and party politics, than to the actual realities of any ground truth. Don't ask the USF-I Spokesman, the Embassy, or any OGA for the bottom line. What you will get is a very well rehearsed set of catch phrases and explanations that will say that progress is being made.

U.S. troops fight on despite end to combat in Iraq...

... ... ...

As long as there are troups there they will be forced to fight.
(BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT)

I could write about this all day; but I believe there are two points to be made:

• If the US Military (USF-I) rolls-up completely, then in all probability, the current government will deteriorate and collapse. The GOI is not strong enough or dedicated enough to building its own civil capacity (either politically or in terms of a tangible infrastructure).
  • With a collapse of the current government, and the fact that the current Constitution stipulated that Islam is the source of all legislation (Article 2); we've painted ourselves in a corner. Legislation is the means by which Laws are made. And this is a very useful tool to Islamic Expansionism.

There are some truths that are misleading, and here are a couple:
  • GEN ODIERNO: First, there are absolutely no signs that the government of Iraq is going to pull the plug on the Sons of Iraq. I mean, again, they have dedicated $300 million of their budget to pay them this year.
    • Yes: If the US pulls out and the corruption of the GOI interrupts the $300M payments, the SOI will, in all likelihood, turn anti-Government. The limits of the SOI patriotism is the ability to pay them. They would return to the insurgency from which they came. If the Iranians pay more, they will turn back to the insurgency. And there is no telling how many, now, are patriots by day and insurgents by night; having infiltrated the ISFs (military & police).
  • GEN ODIERNO: You know, this -- the Kata'ib Hezbollah specifically, we've had some significant threat warnings from them about attacks on U.S. forces for varying reasons. I think they also, by the way, have conducted attacks against Iraqi security forces as well, and this is to create, I believe, some type of instability and lack of confidence in the government of Iraq.
    • Yes: US Forces face threats from both indigenous insurgents and pro-Iranian Forces. The Iranians believe that they can exploit Article 2 faults if they can gain a significant foothold.
  • GEN ODIERNO: Operation New Dawn does not change the level of U.S. commitment to Iraq. It changes the nature of our commitment: one that is military-dominated to a civilian-led commitment. As we transition to stability operations, U.S. forces will continue to train, advise, assist and equip Iraqi security forces and carry on with our partnered counterterrorism operations. We'll support the U.S. Embassy, provincial reconstruction teams, United Nations and other nongovernmental organizations dedicated to building Iraqi civil capacity.
    • Yes: Not only will US Forces provide for its own security (self protection), but will train, advise, assist and equip Iraqi security forces and carry on with our partnered counterterrorism operations. This will be a widely interpreted phrase. Additionally, there is the other set of components: Supporting the Embassy, provincial reconstruction teams, United Nations and other nongovernmental organizations dedicated to building Iraqi civil capacity.

The Iraq Operation, up to this point, has been very expensive (nearly a Trillion Dollars). We attempted to take US Revenue to rebuild the entire nation but did not have the intellectual capacity to do it. Consequently, our return on our investment is going to be very questionable at best and is still in extreme jeopardy.

• GEN ODIERNO:Iraqi elections held in March were incredibly successful. The Iraqi people embraced the right to vote and choose. Challenges to the election process only further solidified the credibility and legitimacy of the election.
    • Yes: It has been more than six (6) months since Iraq held national elections, but still appears to be little concrete progress in talks toward forming a government.

There was no clear majority out of the elections, as Iraqis split their votes a cross-sectarian secular lines. USF-I and the Embassy are phrasing the language of the answers as if they actually are having an impact on the progress being made. But the reality is, Prime Minister al-Maliki doesn't want to give-up power, but like America, there are times when it is the choice between the lesser of evils.

Truth, what's going on and what it all means is a matter of perception shaped by the political-miitary agenda. The military commanders want to claim they did their job, and the diplomats want to claim they were just as successful. But the ground truth is a very different thing.

Don't try to make any "literal sense" out of any particular pronouncement made. It's like the claims of solid intelligence on vast amounts of WMD. It's simply not there.

Most Respectfully,
R

I see Dante still can't read.

How many civilians killed/injured?

Forum List

Back